Please Apple,step it up.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Just bought a Galaxy S7 Edge to go with my 6S+. All I can say is the Galaxy is so far superior on the hardware side Apple should legit be embarrassed. It's over an ounce lighter, sports a much more manageable foot print, houses a bigger battery and has the same size screen (technically). I am really impressed. Apple has always created beautiful products, functional products. The iPhone has now been officially lapped.

If I could only put IOS on the GS7 Edge. I can't even imagine.

Please Apple, don't just go thinner and lighter. Set the bar once again.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
How is your real world battery experience? My 6 Plus is rock solid, I get 1 full day and then some. I can forget to charge it and know I'm ok the next day, although yes it WILL die at some point unless I find a cord on day 2. But I charge nightly. But my morning alarm and morning calls are all fine on day two if I DO forget. :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 7 will be out in 6 months. I'm not worried. And I've seen an S7. It's shiny and, I'll give them credit, I like the smaller bezel. It needs a bigger battery to run its gummed up OS.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
It's not nearly as good as my iPhone. Android just doesn't do a good job of managing battery. Doze does nothing.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Certainly Apple will up the game come September and Apple 7 time. We will just have to wait and see. :) (and there will be 17 new Androids by then! LOL)

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
S7 is an attractive phone and I have owned a S5, so am familiar with the OS. But I will stick with my iPhone. I will be upgrading to the 7 Plus when it arrives. The reason for sticking with the iPhone is due to how smoothly it works for me. Well enjoy your new S7 and let us know how it works out. Love to know.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I will admit I DO kind of like the curved sides, and Samsung has really improved functionality with it, taking a cue from what BlackBerry did with the Priv's curved sides. :)

mobilevoodoo

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
True, but sometimes I think Samsung is more focused on specs than quality of use. If I could deal with android software full time and green texts ;) I might make the switch too. The iPhone 7 may one up them though.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
True, but sometimes I think Samsung is more focused on specs than quality of use. If I could deal with android software full time and green texts ;) I might make the switch too. The iPhone 7 may one up them though.

Agree. Again, I am only commenting on the hardware. As great as it is, IOS is that much better than android.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Totally understand its subjective but if Apple released the S7 edge as the iPhone 7 plus most people would be overjoyed.

I doubt that. The device would be tweaked in its design a bit to fit Apple's vision and the galaxy Edge, in my personal opinion, does not fit that vision. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty design, but it's not an Apple design.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Every time Samsung comes out with a new device especially the Galaxy and Note Series, there's this WOW feeling that comes over me, so much that twice I acted on this feeling. I went and purchased a SG3 and a Note3, and after approx 30 days when the WOW feeling wore off and reality sets in and I'm looking on my nightstand where those two devices ended up I've realized that the bells and whistles are just not for ME.
I do like the customization that Androids bring to the table, but I'm not willing to sacrifice that for the performance that Apple brings to the table. One day I might return to an Android phone, but not today.
The S7/S7 Edge does indeed look GOOD though.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I doubt that. The device would be tweaked in its design a bit to fit Apple's vision and the galaxy Edge, in my personal opinion, does not fit that vision. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty design, but it's not an Apple design.

Apple won't be "inventing" curved displays for another 2 or 3 years. (that was a joke)

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the minority here (and that's OK), but I hate the way those curved screens look. No matter what type of new phone comes out, I won't be going back to Android any time soon.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
The hardware is new and shiny, and I even gave a little thought when I got an email from Verizon this morning begging me to trade in my 6S...but for me the biggest thing is software updates. I was majorly burned on the VZW Galaxy Note Edge, and it's left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Personally I don't care if the S7 looks a little flashier...mostly everyone puts a case on it anyway. For me knowing that I will have updates as soon as they're available from Apple is enough for me - I can live with any "shortcomings" on an Apple device (and yes I put shortcomings in quotes because I was being facetious when using that word)

(not to mention that my 6S really kicks rear end on the Public beta 6)

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The hardware is new and shiny, and I even gave a little thought when I got an email from Verizon this morning begging me to trade in my 6S...but for me the biggest thing is software updates. I was majorly burned on the VZW Galaxy Note Edge, and it's left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Personally I don't care if the S7 looks a little flashier...mostly everyone puts a case on it anyway. For me knowing that I will have updates as soon as they're available from Apple is enough for me - I can live with any "shortcomings" on an Apple device (and yes I put shortcomings in quotes because I was being facetious when using that word)

(not to mention that my 6S really kicks rear end on the Public beta 6)

We still miss you bro!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro