My iPhone 7 and 7 Plus predictions

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
The iPhone 7 aka iPhone 6SS will replace the iPhone 6 in the offerings. Keep in mind they have already mentioned a few weeks back about changing to a 36 month upgrade cycle vs 24 month for hardware. I think Apple is holding out for this device b/c it's decade of iPhone, and wants to make a big deal including matching launch date with the original. If people choose to use Apples upgrade program then yes they will be able to upgrade to the 6SS in fall 2016 and then to iPhone or iPhone Pro in June. Carriers will just have to be creative on their upgrade plans.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If people choose to use Apples upgrade program then yes they will be able to upgrade to the 6SS in fall 2016 and then to iPhone or iPhone Pro in June.

How so? Apple Upgrade Program only allows device upgrades every 12 months.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
How so? Apple Upgrade Program only allows device upgrades every 12 months.

Most people will hold out on upgrading this year if iPhone 7 mirrors the iPhone 6 series w/minor upgrades. If they goto a 3 year hardware cycle, they could possibly change their upgrade program for device upgrades. Most of Apple sales are record when hardware receives an overhaul which usually are customers who are big into tech or need to have the latest tech. The rest of the market are those who can care less and minimal understanding of their device, as long as it's working, they'll just upgrade every 12 months because they're paying for it or a salesmen will talk them into it.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm holding out this year. Next year with the anniversary is sure to be huge, and I have never been so happy with a phone as I am with my 6S Plus. Add to that the fact that I still have a year of AppleCare and I don't see upgrading this fall...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm holding out this year. Next year with the anniversary is sure to be huge, and I have never been so happy with a phone as I am with my 6S Plus. Add to that the fact that I still have a year of AppleCare and I don't see upgrading this fall...

I'm in total agreement with you Reeneebob and I will also probably skip this year's newest and greatest iPhone in lieu of 2017 version whatever ever Apple may decide to call them.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
All these predictions are based on rumors. I base my theories on some of the rumors that leak but some of the leaks are just too artificial.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
New feature prediction - remote selfie cam.
Problem: selfie cams are great but they can't take a picture of both you and your phone at the same time. So your Facebook friends will never know which awesome iPhone you're rocking.
Solution: selfie cam will be attached to a long stick approx 1 meter projecting from the rear of the phone. With careful positioning, both you and your phone will be in the picture!

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking they are going to remove the physical spring hardware in the home button and replace it with the technology used in the force touch trackpad of the new MacBooks.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
New Australian mode will automatically orient the display correctly in the southern hemisphere, opening up a major new market for smartphones.

Last edited:

Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Future iPhone predictions.

First off, this is all guessing. I'm not saying all of this is coming in the 7, I'm saying over time with each new iPhone

Removal
1.) AUX jack (duh)
2.) sleep/wake button. We have raise to wake
3.) home button. It's coming
4.) volume buttons. Replaced with haptic 3D Touch controls.

Additions
Edge to edge
Dual camera front and back
Smart connector

What do you guys think?

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm expecting a high contrast black and white display. This will both save power and look really great and really cool. You will wonder why you ever needed color, other than to show the faces of other smartphone owners as they turn green with envy.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
3e472a85ff659b275c0f0cf8a1a74f90.jpg
5e1cb569557e482a570e964a8ed24724.jpg

Getting ready for Wednesday's announcement for new iPhones. I'm thinking they are going to match the new space grey and space black with the apple watches.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I believe that it will be more of the same and a big disappointment, to be honest. Apple news to be revolutionary. But it won't. Again.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't care whether Apple 'does it first" or not, to be honest... I've had Samsung devices that "the first of this" and "the first of that", only to glitch and fall apart at the next software update.
I forget who, at Apple, said, its not about doing it first, it's about doing it best, but he was right.
Every new Apple device I've ever gotten has blown my socks off.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen