My iPhone 7 and 7 Plus predictions

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been keeping my ear to the ground over this and all the signs point towards it being thinner and having no headphone jack, as we already suspect. Dear god I hope neither of these come to pass. Neither of them.

Wireless charging and waterproofing would go some way to alleviating the problems I have about the rumours. As would a device made of a much stronger material than currently and a bezel-less (or at least insanely minimal bezel) screen too.

I just don't want a thinner phone; the 6 needed a case for me to hold it properly in my large hands, a thinner phone will be even more ridiculous for me.

I don't own Bluetooth headphones and unless Apple supplies some with the new phone, I refuse to go out and buy some just to be able to listen to music. After all, the cheaper Bluetooth ones would sounds just as bad as the Apple headphones would through the 3.5mm Jack...

If it doesn't have a headphone jack, I won't be able to listen to music from my phone in my car either as I don't have Bluetooth there. What do I do then, eh?

All I read about the iPhone 7 rumours is making me hate it even more. I hope everything I read is wrong, I truly do.

I'm actually starting to look more at Android again. Well, the Keybote whenever they do it will consolidate it one way or the other for me I think.

PhoneAddict

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Wait and see what develops. The stories I have read are that if the earphone jack goes away they will incorporate and provide earbuds with a lightning jack connector. That is how I currently use my 6S in the car (have Bluetooth but seems the sound is better with a wired connection). Too early to tell what may be in store for a phone that will most likely be announced 8 months from now.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Talk is talk. And so far there's been no comments noncrete evidence of no headphone jack. Just because a handful of writers and analyst say it might doesn't make it so. Apple has to be taking note of the negative response to the rumor. My guess is that whatever they do will be satisfactory to all. Hmm!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't care about the headphone jack, I kind of hope they kill it off anyway. You know if they do, they'll give you some lightning enabled earbuds and I'm sure they'll sell an adapter so you can still use your old headphones. I'm a bigger fan of Bluetooth headphones, especially for working out - things don't get in the way. What I would like to see is a smaller form factor 7 Plus. Better screen to body ratio. Kill the bezels. My wife has an S6 edge + and it has a 5.7" screen and is actually a little smaller phone than my iPhone. I like the 5.5" screen, but I'd like a smaller overall phone to come with that screen. I'd prefer better battery life, but I get pretty good battery life on my 6s Plus right now - I'd just like that "ain't no way I'm killing this thing in a day" feeling. I'd also like a QHD screen. The 6s Plus screen is very good, accurate, etc., but it honestly isn't as nice as the Note 5 or S6 edge +. Apple could do a little better in that realm. They would need to up the regular 7 to a better screen too. No need for 720p in this day and age.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Current trends seem to indicate the 5.5" is the largest we'll see for a while. The LG G5 actually got smaller, which is pretty crazy.

Agreed. I honestly don't need to carry around an iPad Mini Mini either so I'm fine sticking with 5.5". As far as 3GB RAM is concerned, Apple stuck with 1GB for so long I doubt they'll make any upgrades this soon. I don't think additional RAM is really necessary at this point anyway.

dlopes6

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
My prediction is that Apple will release 3 models in September. As well as the iPhone SE this March. Here's what I think the different models will be.

iPhone 7 - no headphone jack (lightening EarPods will be included), wireless charging, water resistant, slimmer form factor, better camera.

iPhone 7 Plus - everything iPhone 7 does but bigger!

iPhone 7 Pro - Here's where I think Apple will introduce a new line to their iPhone collection. Well actually they will introduce a new line with the SE model in March but this is going to be marketed towards "professional or multimedia" users. This iPhone will have a dual lense system making it superior at taking photos then the other iPhone models. I think iPhone Pro will only come in 128GB or 256GB storage options making the starting price $949 and going up to $1049 for the 256GB model. They will also include wireless EarPods/AirPods. I think the headphones will look similar to the PowerBeats2 headphones minus the hook that goes around the ear, but will have a detachable lightning cable that can be used to charge the headphones when the battery is low by plugging it into your iPhone. This will make the headphones both wired and wireless when needed. I also think they will use the same 4 speaker system that currently exists on the iPad Pro line. This will extremely enhance the sound that already exists on the current iPhones. Finally I think the iPhone Pro will be compatible with the Apple Pencil. This will make the iPhone Pro very similar the the IPad Pro line, just think an iPad Pro in your pocket.

As for the iPad line, rumor has it that Apple is going to announce a new 9.7 inch iPad Pro during their March event. This model will carry all the same features the current iPad Pro has but in a smaller form factor. Now you can see where the Pro line can range all the way down to the premium iPhone line.

bodonnell2

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Predictions seem to be focused around same screen sizes (4.7" and 5.5"), thinner, no headphone jack and a Pro 5.5" model with a dual lens camera. It's early still and these seem like pretty weak upgrades to me so I think Apple will have to do something more to drive upgrades.

My wish list:
-Smaller bezels (nothing crazy, but an iPhone with the same screen sizes but a slightly smaller footprint would be nice)
-Waterproofing (I think Apple should step up and match Samsung here and they proved it can be done without ugly flaps and covers and the 6s already appears to be halfway there already anyway...)
-Camera upgrades (not just for the Pro model, some Android phones are beating the 6s in low light performance so I'd like to see Apple step up their game here)
-Improved battery life (this doesn't need to be a big improvement, but an extra 15-20% would help with the heavy use days).

One thing I don't care about at all is it being any thinner, the current model is plenty thin.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I think is possible to do 6 inch iPhone with 4gb ram, better cpu and gpu. :) A10x chip will be awesome.

Battery life will be able to last nearly 2 days with heavy usage lmao

ccard3dev

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I think it would be great to have an iPhone "Pro" with more advanced features, question is will it be called iPhone Pro or iPhone 7 Plus?

chrismike1

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
The iPhone Pro wouldn't be too good IMO, it would devaluate iPhone Plus (I haven't seen anybody so far with 6s Plus to begin with) and complicate the selection.

If the leaks are true then I wonder how iPhone 7 will visibly differ so much from 6s to keep things fresh. It has to in order to withstand the Android onslaught.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd be happy if they focused more on battery rather than thinness. Make it 1-2mm thicker and put a large battery in. Since they love those huge bezels, the plus is out of the question. No reason they cant stick a 3000 mah battery in the smaller phone. Samsung was able to do it. Come on apple!

sam0701

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Here's what I'm predicting for the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus:

7: 1920 by 1080 5.1" Retina HD display with 3D Touch, waterproof design, A10 and M10 processors, either 2GB of ram or higher, better camera, FaceTime HD 1080p or even 4K recording, new feature that 6s doesn't have.

7+: QHD or 4K (UHD) 5.7" or 6" Retina HD display with 3D Touch, waterproof design, A10 and M10, 2GB or higher ram, better camera with OIS, FaceTime HD 1080p or 4K recording with OIS, new feature that 6s+ doesn't have.

What features do you all think the next iPhones will have?

this are great prediction, but i suggest to apple, let the consumer enjoy first the iphone 6 and 6+ before they make another upgraded version

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
this are great prediction, but i suggest to apple, let the consumer enjoy first the iphone 6 and 6+ before they make another upgraded version

What do you mean? The 6 and 6 Plus will be two years old by the time the 7 is released.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone pro sounds great. Unfortunately for Apple they will either have to make it huge or come up with a different design to separate it from the plus model. Honestly I just want to see the same excellent battery efficiency along with more compactly for the next model. The real question is what is Apple going to do hardware wise to push the platform forward.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone pro sounds great. Unfortunately for Apple they will either have to make it huge or come up with a different design to separate it from the plus model. Honestly I just want to see the same excellent battery efficiency along with more compactly for the next model. The real question is what is Apple going to do hardware wise to push the platform forward.

Better camera with other improvements. iOS 10 needs to have most of the goodies!

bzeroh56

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
You can't be serious. The 6s and 6S plus just got released. Can't we enjoy the newness of our devices? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the 7 phones will be released in september, that's like 5 months away. You have plenty of time to enjoy your device. However, enjoying your device now doesn't really fit in with our consumerist ideologies so you have to constantly look forwards to things that will never actually satisfy you :).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW