- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Problems with Apple iPhone Upgrade program in the store
This morning, I was unable to get my new iPhone 6 Plus phone on Apple's Upgrade program even though I have excellent credit. I tried 3 different cards and all of them were rejected. Other people in the Apple store were having the same problem, although some were successful in purchasing through Apple's program. There is an article on Macrumors about this problem
I ended up buying the iPhone outright
I do have a fraud alert on my credit, and I was wondering if that might be the problem.
Anyone else have this problem and if you do, do you also have a fraud alert?
- 09-25-2015, 05:43 PM #2
- 09-27-2015, 09:40 PM #3iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
Re: Problems with Apple iPhone Upgrade program in the store
The same thing happened to me in the Atlantic City store. They ran two different cards and said I wasn't eligible for Apple offers. I also have a fraud alert with the credit bureaus. My credit score is 829. I spoke to Citizens Bank twice, The first guy never heard of the partnership and hung up on my because I didn't have a Citizens Bank account number. The second guy was aware of the program and said I needed to speak with Equifax about the alert. That didn't work because the number he gave me was a robot that only allowed me to add a temporary alert, not temporarily remove it.Maddening. I bought an AT&T phone and Apple Care + outright and unlocked it with the AT&T online unlock tool after I activated the phone. They really need an adjudication hotline in the store to resolve these issues on a real time basis. Bad partnership so far.
- By vsnlweb in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 151Last Post: 10-06-2015, 11:02 PM
- By donnation in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 2Last Post: 09-25-2015, 05:26 PM
- By Ritam Brkljacic in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 09-25-2015, 03:12 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-25-2015, 02:40 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-25-2015, 02:29 PM