IPhone 7 What will be the "New" Feature ..

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: IPhone 7 What will be the "New" Feature ..

With all wireless signals (wifi, cellular, FM, AM, NFC and so on) floating around the globe, over the air charging seems a logical next step in charging. I really hope somebody is trying to make this possible and  will be the first to implement this in iDevices.

Mr. Tesla was many years ago. Transmit power wirelessly to your home. Of course when his investors found out that he was going to GIVE power away freely, he was shut down.

The pyramids have wave guides that are believed to have been used to shoot power throughout the the world.

It can be done, they know how to do it, but what would that do to the energy industry. (Imagine a car that never needs fuel or plugging in).

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Mr. Tesla was many years ago. Transmit power wirelessly to your home. Of course when his investors found out that he was going to GIVE power away freely, he was shut down.

The pyramids have wave guides that are believed to have been used to shoot power throughout the the world.

It can be done, they know how to do it, but what would that do to the energy industry. (Imagine a car that never needs fuel or plugging in).

Being able to do something and being able to do it in a cost effective way are two different things. I guess I just don't see the value of wireless charging... my devices get me through the day with power to spare, so plugging them in and charging them while I sleep is more than sufficient for my needs.

I'd like to see an iPhone without a home button, but I don't think that it's going to happen with the iPhone 7. I see the "edge" thing as a gimmick, and would not want to see anything like that on the iPhone.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

Being able to do something and being able to do it in a cost effective way are two different things. I guess I just don't see the value of wireless charging... my devices get me through the day with power to spare, so plugging them in and charging them while I sleep is more than sufficient for my needs.

I'd like to see an iPhone without a home button, but I don't think that it's going to happen with the iPhone 7. I see the "edge" thing as a gimmick, and would not want to see anything like that on the iPhone.

I'm of the opinion if I've got to plug a puck in, it's not really wireless is it ?

I wonder how easy it is to crack that edge display, and how many people actually use it ?

One more hour.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I know. Quad HD screen, Stylus, mobile payments that work on plain magnetic strips, 4 Gigs of memory, 32GB base model, LED light, wireless charging, fast charging. When are they going to be original?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I know. Quad HD screen, Stylus, mobile payments that work on plain magnetic strips, 4 Gigs of memory, 32GB base model, LED light, wireless charging, fast charging. When are they going to be original?

What among the items on your list could be considered "original"? It's all been done before. And it's not about doing something "first" as much as it is about doing something "best".

Not sure "quad HD" is feasible or even noticeable. And while I am surprised that the blinky LED did not appear here until post #30, I still long for the day when it doesn't make the list at all.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

I'm gonna be honest, if that's "all" Apple brings to the table I would be underwhelmed to say the least.
So far I don't agree that all Apple does is play catch up, but iPhone 7 needs a little more than the above to wow me.

Well we can reasonably say that the megapixel count on the iPhone will be stagnant for the next couple of generations and a camera is by far the most sought after upgrade for most. I would have preferred Apple to go to 16 MP+ but you can't have everything it seems.

One can debate whether or not force touch is enough of a "wow factor" to upgrade in this generation

I don't see how Apple can implement a software button without interfering with a dock or any other apps

I really like the idea presented in that video of the home button displaying notifications instead of say a classic notification light although I abhor all that other stuff. It doesn't make sense to sacrifice screen quality for a crappy star wars-esque 3D video. Cool but meh.

Front facing speakers similar to BoomSound might be nice especially for an iPad. Make use of those bezels.

Since Apple has been all about improving convenience and *ahem* the note app with drawing, I can see them implementing a stylus in the future. Maybe not as precise as the pro but productivity wise, stylii are great tools.

Implementing drawing messages like on the Apple Watch in iMessage

Heart-rate monitor in iPhones

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

Well we can reasonably say that the megapixel count on the iPhone will be stagnant for the next couple of generations and a camera is by far the most sought after upgrade for most. I would have preferred Apple to go to 16 MP+ but you can't have everything it seems.

One can debate whether or not force touch is enough of a "wow factor" to upgrade in this generation

I don't see how Apple can implement a software button without interfering with a dock or any other apps

I really like the idea presented in that video of the home button displaying notifications instead of say a classic notification light although I abhor all that other stuff. It doesn't make sense to sacrifice screen quality for a crappy star wars-esque 3D video. Cool but meh.

Front facing speakers similar to BoomSound might be nice especially for an iPad. Make use of those bezels.

Since Apple has been all about improving convenience and *ahem* the note app with drawing, I can see them implementing a stylus in the future. Maybe not as precise as the pro but productivity wise, stylii are great tools.

Implementing drawing messages like on the Apple Watch in iMessage

Heart-rate monitor in iPhones

Sucks that Apple didn't ask for your opinion first ?

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site

I got my first iPhone a couple of months ago and 3D Touch isn't enough for me to upgrade. I have always wanted a more tiled interface for iOS like Windows phone has and seeing 3D touch I now know it will never happen. But it looks pretty good anyway.

Wireless charging and waterproofing should be included in the next phone. I wanna push people in the pool again!

I have always been looking at specs and trying to get the best computer parts or phones based one pure specs but I now go more for the whole picture. The experience is much more important than best specs.

Look at the Lumia 1020. Awesome camera sensor paired with a way to slow SoC and arguably "bad" OS. Not a good experience..

I'm a little surprised that we now have four different 'force touches'. Long press before, force touch on the watch, 3D touch on the now phones and the pen on ipad pro.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

Sucks that Apple didn't ask for your opinion first …

Considering that this thread is about opinions and speculation, why wouldn't I state them? It's honestly amazing the reactions you get when you use a competitor's phone. I'm quite enjoying being on the other side of the fence for once and seeing iMore's reactions to Android people.

Also, yes, I brought up the Note 5 because you can see how these companies play off one another to keep innovation going and that's a good thing. Apple adopted the stylus and bigger phones because of the competition. Samsung shed its plastic POS shells and made a well made phone and not to mention including a bunch of half-assed features and instead focusing on a smaller subset. Google still cannot seem to make their OS behave but Apple is forcing them to. Competition is a good thing and it will drive what the iPhone 7 will ultimately be.

Last edited:

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
If they go with wireless charging, it needs to be the new "quickcharge" version of it. I'm coming from Android and have the wired version of Qualcomm's quickcharge 2.0 tech and it's great. Apparently there is a version of it for wireless charging as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods