Will iPhone 7 have an upgraded megapixel camera?

I

iMore Question

Apple's Camera app is awesome, but will the quality of the picture ever truly impress the population with a detail this drastic and essential for the dedicated iPhone owners?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone camera will continue to get better, but it will never replace a DSLR. . . . But like Rene says, the best camera is the one you have on you.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Apple's Camera app is awesome, but will the quality of the picture ever truly impress the population with a detail this drastic and essential for the dedicated iPhone owners?

No one knows yet. That's 2 iterations into the future. The iPhone already has an awesome camera. It will only get better over time. And the megapixel rating is only one spec in a camera's quality determination,

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I am sure they will up the MP count. Usually they go about 2 years or so and then bump it up. I mean it probably won't be a huge jump, but still will probably be 10-12mp which will improve the camera a lot and continue with the tradition of apple upping their camera quality every year. Samsung and LG have some great cameras this year, so apple may have their handful reclaiming the top spot once again.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Apple seems to only update things when you "Actually Need it"

For example, NFC. It was out for years before apple introduced it.

So i have a feeling, Apple will stick with the 8mp Camera but make it a f1.7 Aperture to drastically improve low light situations.

But you can never rule out an increase in MegaPixels.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I bet Apple will increase MP on the 6s and keep it the same till the iPhone 8 or 8s. The last time Apple upped the MP was for the iPhone 4s, and that was in 2011.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Megapixels don't really matter that much. What matters is the software and the other parts of the lens. Apple has improved on a camera so much without even adding on any megapixels.

frenchthefry

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I don't think they will increase the megapixel count. They might add Optical Image Stabilization though as a standard to the regular sized iPhone 7.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711