I would like an improvement in the battery life.

Peterpetram

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Iphone 7 should have a major improvements in battery life, like 2500-3000 Amh. I have seen many folks have a big problem with the battery life.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Iphone 7 should have a major improvements in battery life, like 2500-3000 Amh. I have seen many folks have a big problem with the battery life.

Since apple seems to only care about making the device thinner, doubt that will happen. Apple could have made the 6/6+ a mm or two thicker and added a much larger battery and then wouldn't have the camera lens stick out either, but with apples history, we will never see a huge battery in an iPhone (and no the 6+ battery is on the small side itself compared to other devices similar sized.

Peterpetram

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Since apple seems to only care about making the device thinner, doubt that will happen. Apple could have made the 6/6+ a mm or two thicker and added a much larger battery and then wouldn't have the camera lens stick out either, but with apples history, we will never see a huge battery in an iPhone (and no the 6+ battery is on the small side itself compared to other devices similar sized.

Sure!! What i see in apple products especially iphones, is that the only focus on the North Africa market eapecially US and forget that other parts of the world need their product.

Battery life is the major problem especially to the countries where power is the problem. For example here in Tanzania most people move arround with their power banks because the life span of their battery is shorter.

Personally, what matters when i buy a phone is the software part of it and the battery life. I love ios devices because they are smoother and a well improved UI, battery life is the problem with them.

I have iphone 5 which lasts 3 hours with 3G which is shorter than hell.

Honestly, i would like apple hear this cry for few of us iphone users.

baldhero

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I second that, although I charge it at night, on my way to work and at work. It still ran out of juice sometimes during dinner and so on. Wouldn't mind a heavier device but give us more power!

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Get a 6+. I regularly get between 2.5 to 3 days from my phone easily. Currently last charged my 6+ 2 days and 18 hours ago, and still have 36% battery left.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sure!! What i see in apple products especially iphones, is that the only focus on the North Africa market eapecially US and forget that other parts of the world need their product.

Battery life is the major problem especially to the countries where power is the problem. For example here in Tanzania most people move arround with their power banks because the life span of their battery is shorter.

Personally, what matters when i buy a phone is the software part of it and the battery life. I love ios devices because they are smoother and a well improved UI, battery life is the problem with them.

I have iphone 5 which lasts 3 hours with 3G which is shorter than hell.

Honestly, i would like apple hear this cry for few of us iphone users.

Isn't that more of a wireless carrier issue? Weak signals will indeed cause a strain on the battery, but why is that an Apple problem? Anyway, in regard to other countries "needing" Apple products, very few of us actually "need" Apple products or any other brand of smartphones, in my opinion.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

True, but how thin can/should a phone get? In a way the 6/6+ is a little too thin IMHO. I say make it a little thicker with a bigger, high capacity battery.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

This is why i love Blackberry so much Their devices are a little thicker but they put a proper battery inside. On their Leap which retails for $275 has a 2,800mAh battery which lasts for 25 Hours.
Or their Z30 which is around $329 has a 2,880mAh

Battery life is essential in todays world but Apple has got a bee in their bonnet about making their devices thinner and thinner which means battery life is going to suffer. Make the device thicker and put a nice 3,000mAh battery inside the 6s or 7 :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This is why i love Blackberry so much Their devices are a little thicker but they put a proper battery inside. On their Leap which retails for $275 has a 2,800mAh battery which lasts for 25 Hours.
Or their Z30 which is around $329 has a 2,880mAh

Battery life is essential in todays world but Apple has got a bee in their bonnet about making their devices thinner and thinner which means battery life is going to suffer. Make the device thicker and put a nice 3,000mAh battery inside the 6s or 7 :)

Except that is not what Apple has done at all...this most recent iPhone is the thinnest, and also has the best batter life (especially the 6+) of any iPhone before it.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Battery life is essential in todays world but Apple has got a bee in their bonnet about making their devices thinner and thinner

Except that is not what Apple has done at all...this most recent iPhone is the thinnest

iPhone 3g - (12.3 mm)
iPhone 3gs - (12.3 mm)
iPhone 4 - (9.3 mm) (Thinner)
iPhone 4s - (9.3 mm)
iPhone 5 - (7.6 mm) (Thinner)
iPhone 5s - (7.6 mm)
iPhone 6+ - (7.1mm) (Thinner)
iPhone 6 – (6.9mm) (Thinner)

What I'm trying to say is that each time apple releases a device, they always try to make it thinner. Which means there is less space for a battery which means the battery has to have less capacity than it would have (possibly had) if the device was the same size as before....

Which brings me back to my comment, apple should stop trying to make things thinner and rather just make the processor and everything else smaller and increase the battery size?? maybe in wrong but thats just how i see it :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
What I'm trying to say is that each time apple releases a device, they always try to make it thinner. Which means there is less space for a battery which means the battery has to have less capacity than it would have (possibly had) if the device was the same size as before....

Which brings me back to my comment, apple should stop trying to make things thinner and rather just make the processor and everything else smaller and increase the battery size?? maybe in wrong but thats just how i see it :)

Apple could make their phone one half an inch thick and make a huge battery if they wanted. The point is, it's not necessary. Both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus have excellent battery life - I can go well over a day on my iPhone 6 Plus - sometimes more than 2 days.

Apple does appear to be obsessed with thinner devices, but that, in and of itself is not a bad thing. They have not sacrificed a useable battery for the sake of thinness.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I think Apple has made its devices more thinner, and as a result, the improvement oft the battery life would not that easy.

I can easily go more than a full day with heavy usage on my iPhone 6 Plus. No need to make the device thicker for additional battery life.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73