I would like an improvement in the battery life.

Jerome86

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I think if they did a virtual home button their be more space for bigger battery. Also they could trim down the bezels. Maybe force touch can be a stepping stone for a home button. But probably stick with current design language. Love to see a step up of current screen sizes with out making them bigger. Will get a 6s Plus this time coming from Note 3. Start watching the iPhone 7 rumors for next year.

andrewh70

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I would much rather have a larger battery over a thinner phone. I feel as if the iPhone 6s is thin enough, and that Apple should stop focusing on thinness if it begins to sacrifice functionality.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to see a bigger battery, or a better battery. And yes, I've sent feedback to Apple.

I have the 6+, and while initial battery life was great, less than two years later the battery only holds ~85% of it's original charge. When brand-spanking-new, my phone still had juice at the end of a day of heavy usage. Now, I have to either scale back usage or give it a partial charge to have anything left by bedtime.

IMHO sacrificing a thin & light profile for a less-than-adequate battery is not a tradeoff I prefer to make.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I would much rather have a larger battery over a thinner phone. I feel as if the iPhone 6s is thin enough, and that Apple should stop focusing on thinness if it begins to sacrifice functionality.

I am with you on that. battery>> thin. I am not sure why apple is so hell bent on constantly thinning the phone. Go with a larger battery so it has better battery life. The 6/6s battery is not that good. Unless they shrink the bezels so the larger iPhone is more manageable, but even that skimps on battery. Would love Apple to do like samsung and wait for it... **make it a mm or 2 thicker and put a 2800+mah in the smaller iPhone and a 3000+ in the plus or pro( whatever they will call it this year) model.

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I just posted this on the feedback link lol.

"Hi I would like to say that I kind of feel like Apple is going the way of the Republican Party currently. The people served by the GOP feel that their voices are being ignored and the GOP will just do as it pleases anyways. This has led to the rise in Donald J Trump. Please Apple, when 90% of the people I've come across in person and on Forums say they DO NOT want thinner devices and instead want you to focus on fitting larger batteries in, please listen. We don't need to be creating any Trumps in the electronics world. Thank you".

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the plus size iPhones have an issue with battery life. I do believe the regular models need some work. Apple has a device with probably the worst battery life in class (6s) and a device with the best (6s+) that's kinda sad in my opinion. These two should be a choice between the screen size you want. Apple worked hard to give the iPad mini the same battery life as the air. They should be doing the same with iPhones. Give me a slightly thicker flat side iPhone.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I can easily go more than a full day with heavy usage on my iPhone 6 Plus. No need to make the device thicker for additional battery life.

I can easily go 2 days on a single charge with heavy usage on my iPhone SE and 3 days if I put it on low power mode. All that with a small 1624 mAH battery. I've owned every flagship phone since the last 2 years, both Android and iPhones and nothing comes close to the battery efficiency of this small beast

Tsar7777

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Apple is out of touch. Completely. If they would make a phone three times thicker containing a huge battery there would be a 6 months backlog. But as I said, completely out of touch with their customers as evidenced by their cancelling one to one. We try to keep being good mac heads but it's getting very difficult.

Tsar7777

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I have a 6S Plus and can't make it to noon. It's not so much a phone as a computer. Emails, Drudge, maps, weather, texts, etc. Battery life and blood pressure are my two biggest problems in life. Please, please, please some phone manufacturer make one model of a phone with a big assed battery. We are begging you. I would leave Apple in a heartbeat for great battery life.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to see a bigger battery, or a better battery. And yes, I've sent feedback to Apple.

I have the 6+, and while initial battery life was great, less than two years later the battery only holds ~85% of it's original charge. When brand-spanking-new, my phone still had juice at the end of a day of heavy usage. Now, I have to either scale back usage or give it a partial charge to have anything left by bedtime.

IMHO sacrificing a thin & light profile for a less-than-adequate battery is not a tradeoff I prefer to make.
This is my sentiment as well. At this point, the device is thin enough. The current models feel really solid. I wouldn't want to go any wider necessarily, but I'm cool with no more thickness drops

Nanope

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I can't wait for the first week in sept for the apple event. I can see it now. "WE HAVE MADE THE THINNEST PHONE TO DATE ITS TRUELY AMAZING" than what I really hope happens everyone starts booing. I canceled my note 7 for a iPhone. If I hear those words at the apple event I'll be on my way to grab a note 7. I give apple a few years before they go the way of Nokia. Like someone said they are completely out of touch

ogl > cal

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I can't wait for the first week in sept for the apple event. I can see it now. "WE HAVE MADE THE THINNEST PHONE TO DATE ITS TRUELY AMAZING" than what I really hope happens everyone starts booing. I canceled my note 7 for a iPhone. If I hear those words at the apple event I'll be on my way to grab a note 7. I give apple a few years before they go the way of Nokia. Like someone said they are completely out of touch

ogl > cal

But then again, it's their software and hardware integration that is top notch.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site

ogl > cal

I can say, with experience, that the battery life on the Note 7 out of the box is worse than a 23 month old iPhone 6. I was getting 3 hours of SoT most days and my in law's iPhone 6 gets through days of pretty heavy use without needing a charge until bed time. Android is very bad at battery life management no matter what they say and Samsung doesn't use Doze properly. The Nexus phones and One Plus 3 have good life but that is about it. If battery is your biggest concern, get the iPhone Plus model or a Nexus if you like Android better.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I can say, with experience, that the battery life on the Note 7 out of the box is worse than a 23 month old iPhone 6. I was getting 3 hours of SoT most days and my in law's iPhone 6 gets through days of pretty heavy use without needing a charge until bed time. Android is very bad at battery life management no matter what they say and Samsung doesn't use Doze properly. The Nexus phones and One Plus 3 have good life but that is about it. If battery is your biggest concern, get the iPhone Plus model or a Nexus if you like Android better.

That's the problem with Android. Dem displays uses a lot of juice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner