Rumoured iPhone 6s this year ahead of iPhone 7

co_mtn_grl

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Wow, that would be interesting if Apple decides to release iPhones more frequently. I kinda hope this isn't true, technology moves fast enough as it is. We barely get to enjoy our new devices before companies start tempting us with something "bigger, better, greater, etc."

I DO hope the next upgrade brings camera improvements. The current iPhone camera is great, but these rumors of "DSLR Quality Images" from an iPhone have me curious.

Until that day, I'll stick with my 5s :)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Highly doubtful. Think apple is going to stick with the yearly launch. We will see the 6s and the 6s+ launched in sept/oct and the 7 a year later. Apple's 1 launch a year has worked out for them, so don't see why they would change it.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh yah I'm not saying it's true. Just interesting speculation.
The only time I ever remember Apple releasing two iPhones in one year was when the Verizon variant came out.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I really hope not. This is part of the reason I don't like android phones. A few months after they release a phone they bring out a new one. Once a year is fine. If they were to start bringing out the true next Iphone every year and not the "S" upgrades I'd be down with that.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I could see a lot of angry customers if they did this. Like with the iPad 3 and 4, which were just 6 months apart, many who bought the 3 felt jipped. I can't blame them, I would hate if Apple were to launch the 6s just half a year after the 6. I don't see why'd they would change though, the one year space seems to work for them.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
They won't do this. They will keep doing what they are doing and milking their cash cow which is 1 main upgrade a year (yes I know the 6+ is a little different, but still the looks and feel of the 6 with same internals). The 6S will come this year 2015, followed by the 7 next year 2016.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to see a 6s Plus with 2gb RAM this spring. I have yet to upgrade from my 5. That would be worth waiting for.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to see a 6s Plus with 2gb RAM this spring. I have yet to upgrade from my 5. That would be worth waiting for.

I think we will see 2 gb ram in the iPhones in sept/oct when they launch again now that iPad has 2gb of ram. I think with 2gb of ram, apple will be able to add more to the OS to take advantage of the larger screen size.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Only reason I can see them pushing out the 6s early is if the 6 really did have as many defects as we've seen on here. In that case, they could be doing a bit of revamping to insure a lower defect rate.

I doubt it though.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think we will see 2 gb ram in the iPhones in sept/oct when they launch again now that iPad has 2gb of ram. I think with 2gb of ram, apple will be able to add more to the OS to take advantage of the larger screen size.
It would be nice to know for sure by late January. I would hold off on my upgrade until September, even if I have to buy a new battery for my iP 5.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Only reason I can see them pushing out the 6s early is if the 6 really did have as many defects as we've seen on here. In that case, they could be doing a bit of revamping to insure a lower defect rate.

I doubt it though.

If anything they would just make some slight design changes and still call it a 6. But then again after "antenna gate" and waiting the usual year, I do not see them rushing to release a new phone, especially when the 6/6+ are still selling like mad.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice to know for sure by late January. I would hold off on my upgrade until September, even if I have to buy a new battery for my iP 5.

I would wait regardless. It isn't that long, and you can get a cheap battery for your iPhone 5 and not have any regret if you get a 6/6+ and then a few months later they release a new iPhone with 2gb ram, better camera, processor and the other things that come with new iPhones.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I would wait regardless. It isn't that long, and you can get a cheap battery for your iPhone 5 and not have any regret if you get a 6/6+ and then a few months later they release a new iPhone with 2gb ram, better camera, processor and the other things that come with new iPhones.
I may do just that. It would give me more time to add to my iPhone piggy bank for more gb space. :) But I would also want to restore my 5 as new.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I may do just that. It would give me more time to add to my iPhone piggy bank for more gb space. :) But I would also want to restore my 5 as new.

There you go. Because you don't want to run out of space with your new iPhone with all the new apps/games/whatever else you like to download. And if nothing else, If you wait, and the new iPhone don't impress, you can buy the 6/6+ on sale and save some money in that regard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

undormant

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't like my buses or my phones bendy.

I'll hold on to my iPhone 5 until it drops dead.

I want to skip 6 altogether.

R :)

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR