Predict the coming year's iPhone lineup here!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I feel like Apple intentionally left the 6 and 6 Plus with 1 gb RAM so they could use 2 gb as a major selling point for the 6s and 6s Plus.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Most likely. That and it will have a camera improvement. Those are usually a given (camera anyway) that they try to push along with newer processor as the upgrade.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I feel like the 6 plus was only a test run. I'm hoping they keep both!

I think with how much demand they saw for it, and how hard it has been for them to get them in stock, I think they will continue with it, especially since most likely it has higher margins and they can try and push people to those rather than the iPad mini since it seems like they want to phase out the mini.

Walchaar6

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
When has apple ever not went with a new chip and not just an A.x chip in the phone? It has always showcased a new A series chip in their iPhones. iPads were only ones getting the x chips.

I know I'm not disagreeing I'm saying I think they will put the same specs as the A8x

Walchaar6

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I think they will outdo those specs with the A9 chip and then the iPad's next year get a more beefed up A9x chip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they do better that would be awesome , they don't really update iPad airs yearly this took 2 or 3 years until they updated it

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I hope they do better that would be awesome , they don't really update iPad airs yearly this took 2 or 3 years until they updated it

They have updated the chip in the ipad every year, except last year the iPad got same chip as iPhone. Usually iPad always gets boosted GPU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I feel like Apple intentionally left the 6 and 6 Plus with 1 gb RAM so they could use 2 gb as a major selling point for the 6s and 6s Plus.

Yeah, except I have never heard Apple tout RAM at all.

Zacharyw70

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
They should refresh the naming cycle next year and use iPhone (The 4.7"), iPhone Plus (5.5") and iPhone Petite (4"). Each of them have the same CPU/GPU, RAM and CAMERA, but differ in weight and battery sizes.

Upgrade wise I'd like to see them slim the top and bottom bezels of the device which shouldn't be that difficult to attain. Perhaps increase the thickness of the device and get rid of that camera bump which (I Imagine) should also help with any "Bending" issues.
More RAM and better internals are a given, but I think the current iPhone's are pretty well equipped and I'd rather see them focus on improving usability through design rather than focus on hardware improvements.

Price and product line-up wise I think both the iPhone and iPhone Petite would be $199 and the iPhone Plus would continue to be $299. I'd drop all the older devices minus the iPhone 5S and sell that for free with a two-year contract.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'd be happier if they had an iPhone Pro (5.5") iPhone Air (4.7") and iPhone Mini (4")

That way, the naming would be similar to other Apple product lines, like the iPad and MacBook.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
They should refresh the naming cycle next year and use iPhone (The 4.7"), iPhone Plus (5.5") and iPhone Petite (4"). Each of them have the same CPU/GPU, RAM and CAMERA, but differ in weight and battery sizes.

Upgrade wise I'd like to see them slim the top and bottom bezels of the device which shouldn't be that difficult to attain. Perhaps increase the thickness of the device and get rid of that camera bump which (I Imagine) should also help with any "Bending" issues.
More RAM and better internals are a given, but I think the current iPhone's are pretty well equipped and I'd rather see them focus on improving usability through design rather than focus on hardware improvements.

Price and product line-up wise I think both the iPhone and iPhone Petite would be $199 and the iPhone Plus would continue to be $299. I'd drop all the older devices minus the iPhone 5S and sell that for free with a two-year contract.

Wont happen. Like with this year and the iPads, apple clearly wants to differentiate their products, so see the 5.5" continue to have a higher res screen, and camera, maybe even ram.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
6s+, 6s, 5s with no refresh is my guess

It's a good guess though. If they don't offer a C version, we'll know that experiment didn't go so well for them. This keeps things simple. And the 299/199/99 thing going. One could argue about a free version, but discounts should provide that and a 4" version would still be enough in demand to keep the 5S at the same tier.

Yes, this forum is actually called iphone 7..a 2016 product..lol Although it's almost against the law on here to talk about products that long away (or at least it is in Sep/Oct), you know we'll see a 7 plus and 7. Perhaps 5S too? Or maybe Apple does a iphone 7 that's a 4" version to take up the 99.00 tier and drops the older 5 & 6 series altogether.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I would say the iPhone 6 plus and 6 would get a refresh, but with an added 5s refresh added to the portfolio next year....

Predict the next lineup here! Hope to see some interesting replies.

2015 -> iPhone 5s (will not be refreshed), iPhone 6s, and iPhone 6s plus. End of line for iPhone 5c and 32 bit devices.
2016 -> iPhone 7 in 4", 4.7", and 5.5-6" sizes.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, except I have never heard Apple tout RAM at all.

They haven't touted the actual numerical amount of RAM in an iPhone. But (and I may be wrong) I believe when the 3GS was announced Apple made a point that the "S" was for speed and had double the RAM and CPU speed compared to the iPhone 3G. That is the only time I think they have ever mentioned it at all.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
2015 -> iPhone 5s (will not be refreshed), iPhone 6s, and iPhone 6s plus. End of line for iPhone 5c and 32 bit devices.
If they offer a 4" screen iPhone at all next year, they will want it to have NFC/Pay capabilities. So it will either be an upgraded (refreshed) 5s or a totally new iP 6s mini. Or whatever they might call the 4" version of the iP 6s. Why would they wait until 2016? They're pushing Pay pretty hard.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
2015 -> iPhone 5s (will not be refreshed).

This wouldn't be a sound business decision

If there gonna update the 4" form factor they will not wait two cycles to do it. Customers that held off from upgrading will be chomping at the bit for a new device next fall and will end up making some type of compromise before the 2016 line up

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I dont think it will be next year, but I have a hunch that they will change the name when they reach iphone 7. I dont know why. It just seems like 6 iterations of a product is enough. 7 seems like the technology is outdated, or something.

What do you all think? will there be an iphone 7, or will they switch to something else?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I dont think it will be next year, but I have a hunch that they will change the name when they reach iphone 7. I dont know why. It just seems like 6 iterations of a product is enough. 7 seems like the technology is outdated, or something.

What do you all think? will there be an iphone 7, or will they switch to something else?

IMO 7 is the best number ever!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen