Predict the coming year's iPhone lineup here!

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I would say the iPhone 6 plus and 6 would get a refresh, but with an added 5s refresh added to the portfolio next year....

Predict the next lineup here! Hope to see some interesting replies.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This is my hope also

I will upgrade next year but don't want to be forced into a 4.7 inch device. Apple needs to put out another 4 inch device or they might lose sales in the compact market

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
6s Plus and 6s with 2 gb RAM. A 4"screen 6s mini with 1 gb RAM. More camera improvements. We say goodbye to the 4s and 5c in the US Market.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Walchaar6

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
6s plus and 6 with the A8x tri-core processor with 2gb ram same as the iPad Air 2 I doubt they will do more then that until the 7th iPhone

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
6s/6s+ 2gb of ram, camera upgrade, maybe bump in the battery size like from the 5-5s. A9 processor, same design.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
6S and 6S Plus. Same physical design. A9 processor and M9 motion coprocessor. Should match or exceed the performance of the A8X in the iPad Air 2, so the A9 could possibly be a 3 or 4 core, and maybe have 2gb of ram. Improved iSight camera. (Maybe OIS will make its way in to the smaller 4.7" model) Maybe a slight battery increase. If Apple can get the supplier lined up, I hope they will use sapphire screens, like they originally planned to in the 6 & 6 Plus.

On the low end, I think they will either make a 6C, which would just be a current 6 with a plastic body... Or a revised 5C, which would essentially be a 5S, with the 5C plastic body.

I think the 4S and current version of the 5C and 5S will be no more. iOS 9 will likely cut off the 4S, but will probably support the 5/5C forward. But they could cut off all pre-64 bit devices, including the 5/5C, and focus on the 5S, 6, 6 Plus, and 6S and 6S Plus.

Walchaar6

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
6S and 6S Plus. Same physical design. A9 processor and M9 motion coprocessor. Should match or exceed the performance of the A8X in the iPad Air 2, so the A9 could possibly be a 3 or 4 core, and maybe have 2gb of ram. Improved iSight camera. (Maybe OIS will make its way in to the smaller 4.7" model) Maybe a slight battery increase. If Apple can get the supplier lined up, I hope they will use sapphire screens, like they originally planned to in the 6 & 6 Plus.

On the low end, I think they will either make a 6C, which would just be a current 6 with a plastic body... Or a revised 5C, which would essentially be a 5S, with the 5C plastic body.

I think the 4S and current version of the 5C and 5S will be no more. iOS 9 will likely cut off the 4S, but will probably support the 5/5C forward. But they could cut off all pre-64 bit devices, including the 5/5C, and focus on the 5S, 6, 6 Plus, and 6S and 6S Plus.

I think they will put the A8x I doubt they will do more then that until the 7

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

Apple has never put the "X" iPad variant of their processor in a phone. I don't see why they would start now.

The iPhone 4 had the A4. The iPhone 4S had the A5. The iPhone 5 had the A6. The iPhone 5S has the A7. The iPhone 6 & 6 Plus has the A8. History leads to the logical conclusion that the iPhone 6S will have the A9, and not simply carry over this year's iPad A8X.

Is it possible that the iPhone 6S will have the A8X? Yes, anything is possible. But, is it probable? in my opinion, no. I'm betting on an A9 processor that will likely borrow heavily from the A8X... and I'd guess that next year's iPad will have an A9X.

Walchaar6

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Apple has never put the "X" iPad variant of their processor in a phone. I don't see why they would start now.

The iPhone 4 had the A4. The iPhone 4S had the A5. The iPhone 5 had the A6. The iPhone 5S has the A7. The iPhone 6 & 6 Plus has the A8. History leads to the logical conclusion that the iPhone 6S will have the A9, and not simply carry over this year's iPad A8X.

Is it possible that the iPhone 6S will have the A8X? Yes, anything is possible. But, is it probable? in my opinion, no. I'm betting on an A9 processor that will likely borrow heavily from the A8X... and I'd guess that next year's iPad will have an A9X.

I understand your point and your right that's what they have been doing every year , but they also never made an iPhone as big as a 6plus before , I don't see them putting something better then the iPad Air 2 yet, but unlike the iPhone the iPad Air doesn't get updated every year ,that's why I was saying the A8x , to be honest I hope your right cause that means it might be even better than the A8x chip It doesn't have to be literally called A8x I just mean it's specs will be the A8x or very similar . I guess we just have to wait and see what they do.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'd like to see the iPhone 6s plus have the screen res it renders at. 2 gb ram. A9. The current one lags too much. I know there's many who would say they don't see it. That always happens. I think of the current plus, which I like, as the iPad 3. Each had a screen that made things tolerable but struggled in performance.

The constraint with the 4.7" version is battery. So it just depends on what apple can do. And they have shown they want to differentiate the plus with premium features. So who knows.

I don't think apple is going to make a new 5S. Maybe in 2016 they could do something 4". But I think they continue selling the 5S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes I feel like the 6 plus was only a test run. I'm hoping they keep both!
Sometimes I feel like Apple intentionally left the 6 and 6 Plus with 1 gb RAM so they could use 2 gb as a major selling point for the 6s and 6s Plus.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
This is more like wishing on my part....

6c, 6, 6+, 6s, 6s+

The 6c would be the 5s in a plastic shell.
Though it could be the 6 in a plastic shell instead, that's okay too.

I'll take it in blue please! Thanks! LOL

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
6s and 6s+. Possibly a refreshed 5s to keep all 3 sizes, as a large group still wants the smaller size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I agree they will up the ram to 2 GB. And also add a C version to the 6 lineup.
My 5C has been a reliable workhorse, so I would look forward to seeing a 6C.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

When has apple ever not went with a new chip and not just an A.x chip in the phone? It has always showcased a new A series chip in their iPhones. iPads were only ones getting the x chips.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro