Anyone upgrading from their 7 Plus to 8/8+/X?

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Now that the Keynote is complete is anyone considering upgrading from their 7 Plus to any of the new models? Why or why not?

I'm upgrading to the 8 Plus...Why? Because I love glass phones, and the latest and greatest even if it doesn't seem like the latest and greatest in comparison to other phone manufacturers. I've also kind of got a crush on Apple...so?

jcbama85

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Now that the Keynote is complete is anyone considering upgrading from their 7 Plus to any of the new models? Why or why not?

I'm upgrading to the 8 Plus...Why? Because I love glass phones, and the latest and greatest even if it doesn't seem like the latest and greatest in comparison to other phone manufacturers. I've also kind of got a crush on Apple...so?

Very good question. After my recent flirtation with the Note 8, I am back to my 7 Plus and I will keep it for the foreseeable future. For my personal/business use, there aren’t enough reasons for me to change to the 8 Plus (I do love wireless charging), or spend the extra $ for the iPhone X. Time will tell, but I’ll probably keep the 7 Plus until next September to see what they come up with then.

dasupaman23

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
On the iPhone Upgrade program for my 7 Plus. Don't see how the X is worth that much more. And I think I'm going to be saving money by upgrading to the 8 Plus if I go with the 64 gb version. So I guess I'll just go with that for now. Just want wireless charging. Also still not sold on the face ID stuff.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Nope, no reason to upgrade from 7+. I'll wait for the X2 next year remodel to work out all the kinks people find in this new design.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’m still thinking about it, but my 7 Plus is still on contract. The soonest I’ll be eligible to upgrade under contract is in 12 months.

By then the iPhone X series 2 will be announced. Maybe I’ll get that one instead.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I'm still toying with the idea but not totally certain. Seems like I'll only be gaining glass front/back, wireless charging, portrait mode lighting, and true tone color. Of course it's faster too. Am I missing something else?

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone X seems a lot like a gen 1 product in some ways. Seems reasonable to hold off. I do wish I had more space on my phone. This 32 GB thing is no good.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm still toying with the idea but not totally certain. Seems like I'll only be gaining glass front/back, wireless charging, portrait mode lighting, and true tone color. Of course it's faster too. Am I missing something else?

Depends on what model you're talking about. Don't forget AR and dual OIS on the camera on the 8/8+ as well as the X. And then the X having Face ID and dancing p00p emojis that speak with your voice, because that's a technological advancement we needed.

Oh! And tap to wake on the 8 Series because LG didn't invent that, Apple did!

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Depends on what model you're talking about. Don't forget AR and dual OIS on the camera on the 8/8+ as well as the X. And then the X having Face ID and dancing p00p emojis that speak with your voice, because that's a technological advancement we needed.

Oh! And tap to wake on the 8 Series because LG didn't invent that, Apple did!

I knew I was missing a few things. Thanks for making me want to upgrade when I'm trying to talk myself out it plus it doesn't help that Verizon will let me upgrade

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

I am going to pass on the iphone 8 and X. The iphone 8 looks identical to the 7 plus that I have and the only feature I would want is the wireless charging. The other stuff is just minor improvements which begs to question why didn't apple just call this an iphone 7s instead of the 8? The iphone X is impressive but I just can't justify dropping 1,000 on a phone when I have a iphone 7 plus that is almost a year old and is still in good condition. I will upgrade next year maybe the iphone X will be cheaper by then if the newer model isn't a big improvement.