Is the iPhone 7 Plus antenna worse?

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Folks has anyone else had any issues with your reception on your 7+? I have a g6 and a 256g 7+ (on T mobile) and have noticed I have more service on my g6 than 7+ some times.... Fyi they are side by side comparisons ...... Thanks folks......

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is the 7+ antennas worse ?

Please be patient. Sometimes it takes a little longer before anyone replies.

Now, to answer your question; No, I don't think it's worse. It's the same. I have had the same signal strength on an iPhone 5S and on a 6 as on the iPhone 7 Plus.

Other operating systems may show more signal strength but it's the quality that counts.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I've seen that with my old iPhone 5 vs my 6s Plus. The 5 gets much better signal than the 6s Plus.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I've not had any bad reception experiences with my iPhone 7 Plus, except in areas where little to no reception exists, regardless of smartphone brand.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

No clue. Most probably a software issue.

I've always had more signal with my iPhones than people with Samsungs with same carrier.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

I have to keep mine on 3G. Verizon LTE and Apple not good. It's the Apple 7 plus antenna. Even Apple genius stated this

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

For me, my 7 Plus has the same signal as my 6s Plus, 6 Plus and 5s throughout my home. There are some areas I only get two dots and areas where I get four dots no matter which iPhone I've used. I have never gotten five dots in my house and I'm on the Verizon network. However I still maintain an LTE signal on all three levels. As far as the wild (out and about) is concerned, I also haven't noticed a difference between my Apple iPhones.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

I have tested this between my S8 and 7plus 256gb. Although unscientific I find that I get more usable signal on my S8. While in the break room at work, I am am unable to use data on my 7plus or make a phone call while my S8 allows me to use Facebook/instagram/twitter and make calls. Having said that, that is a big deal to me. I too use Tmobile.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I have tested this between my S8 and 7plus 256gb. Although unscientific I find that I get more usable signal on my S8. While in the break room at work, I am am unable to use data on my 7plus or make a phone call while my S8 allows me to use Facebook/instagram/twitter and make calls. Having said that, that is a big deal to me. I too use Tmobile.

This is good to here because according to the history of Android and Samsung, their signal reception was never on par with Apple devices. That was one of those areas that Samsung needed to improve.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I have to keep mine on 3G. Verizon LTE and Apple not good. It's the Apple 7 plus antenna. Even Apple genius stated this

I had thought this was resolved at the end of last year, it was an issue when the 7+ was released but fixed by an update. I had my 7+ on Verizon with no issues.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

This is good to here because according to the history of Android and Samsung, their signal reception was never on par with Apple devices. That was one of those areas that Samsung needed to improve.

Yeah I was surprised. I always had issues when I had Samsung phones with signal, but in this case, its working better.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
In my experience trying many phones, different phones have different radios which could be better or worse.

I have noticed that the 7 has a slightly better signal than my SE but only slightly. For some, it might be better. For others, it might be worse, since this all depends on the phone itself, in addition to the carrier as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711