(Sigh) back again - after a brief flirt with android

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
The new big screens on the LG G6 and Samsung S8+ drew me away for a few. Out of the two I definitely like the LG more (which I'm going to keep as a backup device) but I need to realize I should just stick with apple forever and for always. Lol.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
The new big screens on the LG G6 and Samsung S8+ drew me away for a few. Out of the two I definitely like the LG more (which I'm going to keep as a backup device) but I need to realize I should just stick with apple forever and for always. Lol.
I know it sucks lol. I have the lg g6 and s8+ and the iPhone 7+
I keep saying I'm going to stick with Android because of the customization and the camera on the s8+ is really good. Also the amoled screen is beautiful.....
But then I miss my iphone lol.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Welcome back...:cool:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My best friends husband told me to get the S8. They love it. I am happy with my iPhone. Not going back to Android. After a couple of months they will start complaining. Am waiting on it

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I also gave in and decided to use my jump upgrade to get the S8. Thank God they gave me the option to keep my 7+ for 14 days to make sure everything got transferred and everything. I just can't do Android anymore. I'm keeping my 7+ and returning the S8.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Being new to iPhone after many years of android, while I can see the form factor of the iPhones kinda getting boring (after a few years of the same) I could not see how people could leave iOS over android for a long period of time. I am loving my iPhone and for absolutely no reason want to go back to android.

Welcome back!

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Honestly they are faster and smoother than any android device. I don't care what anyone says. The selfie cam on the g6 and s8 is trash. And both of those phones are horrible in low light. IMO the only camera that rivals the iPhones cameras is the google pixel.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
My first deciding factor was the battery. I leave work with about 75% left on my iPhone. The S8 was at 20% when I left work. Then the clunky apps got to me and I decided to return it.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Honestly the thing that makes me come back every time is the way sharing works and the Apple Watch now. I hate sharing a photo or especially a video on Android. You need a different app to send it full res or you need some kind of work around. iMessage is so simple and I can say with 100% certainty that no video app works as well as FaceTime for chatting. Duo, awful. Hangouts, meh quality. Skype, no. The other thing is how much better the Apple Watch is than every other smartwatch out there. Can't stress enough how much the Apple Watch blows the competition out of the water. Battery life is 2 days easy, sometimes 3, screen looks good and responds very well, swimproof for Series 2, fast as hell, has a TON of apps that actually function well, GPS for Series 2, bands are easy to switch, charging is easy, etc.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Being new to iPhone after many years of android, while I can see the form factor of the iPhones kinda getting boring (after a few years of the same) I could not see how people could leave iOS over android for a long period of time. I am loving my iPhone and for absolutely no reason want to go back to android.

Welcome back!

The only reason I ever went back to android was due to boredemn on iOS and hardware on android. After I went to android I got bored of it too! Just like anything else over time you get bored. I'm not moving back to android just because of the nicer quality screen and hardware, it's not worth losing the smoothness and effortlessness of iOS.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Honestly the thing that makes me come back every time is the way sharing works and the Apple Watch now. I hate sharing a photo or especially a video on Android. You need a different app to send it full res or you need some kind of work around. iMessage is so simple and I can say with 100% certainty that no video app works as well as FaceTime for chatting. Duo, awful. Hangouts, meh quality. Skype, no. The other thing is how much better the Apple Watch is than every other smartwatch out there. Can't stress enough how much the Apple Watch blows the competition out of the water. Battery life is 2 days easy, sometimes 3, screen looks good and responds very well, swimproof for Series 2, fast as hell, has a TON of apps that actually function well, GPS for Series 2, bands are easy to switch, charging is easy, etc.

I agree that no other video app works as well as FaceTime. I used to make my entire family use hangouts and my dad finally said no more of this, If you want to video chat me you need to use your iPad. It was horrible choppiness and quality. Tried duo and tango as well and both just didn't even come close to FaceTime.

I had a gear s2 classic and really loved it. I got the Apple watch series 1 since switching back to iOS and I do love the watch, just wish it actually looked like a "watch." The gear s2 classic was gorgeous had a nice bezel and people always asked me what brand it was not even knowing it was a smartwatch. I couldn't justify spending $75-$100 more for slightly better battery life and waterproofing. I don't need that stuff. I plug my phone in every night along with my watch.

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Just did the same thing. Picked up a G6. Beautiful phone with great battery life. Just missed iOS. I only like Nova Launcher so Android is boring too lol

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Had the Pixel XL for one day and it's going back. I wanted to try pure android and enjoyed it. However, the Apple ecosystem has my family and I totally committed. We have about 9 Apple devices in the house. iPhones, IPads, Apple watches, Apple TV, AirPort Extreme and AirPods. When I get on Android I feel disconnected.

I sure hope IOS 11 brings more functionality and customization because I should just accept I will never leave.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I ever went back to android was due to boredemn on iOS and hardware on android. After I went to android I got bored of it too! Just like anything else over time you get bored. I'm not moving back to android just because of the nicer quality screen and hardware, it's not worth losing the smoothness and effortlessness of iOS.

That's what I kept doing. I finally just decided, why am I torturing myself trying to like Android again when there's so many things for me that it doesn't do compared to iOS?

I mean I already see the people on AC in the HTC U11 forums saying they're going to sell their S8s for it, they're free to do whatever they want but sheesh for me buying a new phone every two months is crazy.