Anyone using Reachability on their device?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

Everyone knows you can tap twice in quick succession on your home button to engage the iPhone's Reachability function right? This handy little feature lets you quickly access the top half of whatever is on your screen. It bring down the top one half of your screen to the bottom for easy thumb and finger presses. With the "plus" models 6 on up this feature is VERY useful! Works on the regular iPhone too!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I use it all the time. It's become second nature to double tap to reach an icon or select something on screen. I didn't use it much when it was first added, but once I started remembering it was there, I use it all the time.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I find it more annoying than anything, especially if I accidentally activate it. Maybe I should try fitting it into my usage again.

LOL I sorta had that happen when I discovered it. I triggered it by accident and I was like "WTF!!!!!" I had no idea what I had just done and I think I ended up restarting my device to fix it, wasn't till after I did research and found out about the feature that I learned to use it and love it, AND how to quickly turn it back to regular view. (double tap again)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
LOL I sorta had that happen when I discovered it. I triggered it by accident and I was like "WTF!!!!!" I had no idea what I had just done and I think I ended up restarting my device to fix it, wasn't till after I did research and found out about the feature that I learned to use it and love it, AND how to quickly turn it back to regular view. (double tap again)
Yeah that was issue, I would accidentally activate it then be upset about and not think to try double tapping again ha ha. I'll give it a fair shake for the next few days or so.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't really use it on my 6s, but can see that it would be helpful on the plus size phones! And yes, like others, the first time I inadvertently did this, I panicked and did restarted my phone! I have to confess that I was trying to access this, but was double "Pressing" rather than double "tapping". It's amazing what a difference a word makes! LOL!!! Again, this is a good example of another one of my "pebcak" errors. LOL!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
If only I knew I wouldn't have ordered a Thumb Stretcher from Amazon. lol

My girl uses it on her 7plus once in a while

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
It's one of the first things I turn off. I didn't know about it when I had my iPhone 6 and figured it was a glitch until I asked one of my coworkers.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I use it quite often when I operate my iPhone 7 Plus with just one hand or even sometimes with 2 hands when I'm too laze to move my one hand to the top while holding it with the other.

And no, I don't think Reachability requires much from the battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2