Really want the 7 Plus. Am I crazy?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a 6s and really want the larger size of the 7 Plus. Am I crazy? Next phone is expected in September.

I'd consider a 6s Plus but really want the depth effect as well, which it doesn't have.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
At this time you're just too late to get the 7 Plus. Your 6s is a quite recent iPhone and I don't think the benefits of an iPhone 7 are worth the upgrade from a 6s.

I'm sure you can hold on a little longer to your 6s. In the end, what is waiting 5 more months in iPhone land?

If you do get a 7 Plus now, you will regret it when the newer iPhones come out.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Not crazy!

I got my 7 Plus on April 6 and it's a tremendous upgrade from the 6s Plus.

I'd say go for it =) if you ever want the new one, in September, you could aways sell your 5 months old 7 Plus for a very good price! It'll still be popular among people who want a recent iPhone but can't afford the latest.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Not crazy!

I got my 7 Plus on April 6 and it's a tremendous upgrade from the 6s Plus.

I'd say go for it =) if you ever want the new one, in September, you could aways sell your 5 months old 7 Plus for a very good price! It'll still be popular among people who want a recent iPhone but can't afford the latest.

I agree, don't not get the latest and greatest because a new one is coming out in 5 months. You can even keep the 7 plus until late this year and get the 8 months after launch

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I switched from Android in January to the 7Plus. It's a great device. There is always going to be new phones being released. This phone is not old. Apple releases updates and doesn't hold back like Android
If u want the 7Plus go for it
I love it

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
While it might be close to the announcement in September, it isn't always easy to get the new phone. I didn't get mine until almost November. That being said, if you really want it, get it. It's a great phone and will be this time next year too. There will always be something better coming. If you want it and can afford it, go get it.

Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
I have a 6s and really want the larger size of the 7 Plus. Am I crazy? Next phone is expected in September.

I'd consider a 6s Plus but really want the depth effect as well, which it doesn't have.

Main reason I switched from 6S to 7 Plus is because the 7 Plus has a better camera, bigger screen and better battery life! Best phone I have ever used!

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
It's not crazy! Get the 7 Plus, depending on what your method is for upgrade Verizon and Apple have the annual upgrade if you pay off 50%.

I think trying to get the new one is always a little nuts, I didn't get my 7 Plus until the end of October and there were still other people waiting for it long after me.

Give it a shot! It's still a fantastic phone!

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I would get it. I have one, and love it. I got it in December. When I had Android devices in the past, this is about the point in time when I started having issues. But nothing with my iPhone. And personally, with all of the changes being floated out there for the new iPhone, I see a ton of issues on the horizon for the first year.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Go for it. I switched from android in February and got my first iPhone with the 7+. Very good device. Great battery.

violetjune

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I say No... Wait it out for the next iPhone in Sept, its only 5 more months. I never upgraded this year and I don't regret it at all. My iPhone 6s Plus is a beast of a phone..

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Why would you wait 5 1/2 months if you need/want one now. There is bargains to be had now no need to pay retail, i got a New sealed 7 plus 256 gb for $600 below retail and a New sealed iPad pro 9.7 for $370 below, all in the last month.

Cash is King.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Why would you wait 5 1/2 months if you need/want one now. There is bargains to be had now no need to pay retail, i got a New sealed 7 plus 256 gb for $600 below retail and a New sealed iPad pro 9.7 for $370 below, all in the last month.

Cash is King.

So you bought a new, sealed 7 Plus for under $400?

TheUnknownUser

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
There is always going to be new phones coming out. If you really want it go for it and purchase it. And enjoy the features you'd want from the 7 Plus.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Bought an iPhone 7+ today coming from a nexus 6P. Absolutely zero regrets getting this over the upcoming iPhone since I'll want the second iteration of this new design late next year.

lmarranzino

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
At this time you're just too late to get the 7 Plus. Your 6s is a quite recent iPhone and I don't think the benefits of an iPhone 7 are worth the upgrade from a 6s.

I'm sure you can hold on a little longer to your 6s. In the end, what is waiting 5 more months in iPhone land?

If you do get a 7 Plus now, you will regret it when the newer iPhones come out.

I have been reading a seeing delays until November.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711