Wow...So 3D Touch isn't a gimmick.

Matt Manahan

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm back to iOS after being on Android. The last (and only) iPhone I've had was the 6 Plus.

3D touch is super cool! I thought it'd be fairly useless, but I'm impressed with how Apple is increasing the practicality of it.

In addition to 3D Touch use with icons, I found out today that I can 3D touch the keyboard to activate the cursor. It was always a pain trying to move the cursor before (on Android & iOS). 3D touching a word automatically highlights the whole word. 3D touching the delete key deletes whole words (instead of one letter at a time).

I'm not sure if I'll use the 3D Touch feature to switch between apps, but it's good to know it's there.

Are there any other 3D Touch features you all use regularly?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome back :)

I don't use 3D Touch a lot, but my favorite is using it on icons to bring up menus/shortcuts without having to launch an app. I know you mentioned that but it has to be my favorite. I use it to launch arm my home alarm, send a tweet, track water intake, etc.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
The 3D Touch cursor thing is my all time favourite add to iOS, I swear to god. When I use my iPad and don't have it? I'm annoyed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use the 3D Touch feature all the time. It makes things even more simple to do, in my opinion...:)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I like to peek at a message in iMessage without leaving the read receipt. Go to the iMessage contacts thread list, press on a contact a little to peek. Press harder and it takes you to the message.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't use it alot, but when I do, I really appreciate it. I have the habit of not clearing out my notifications, so I really enjoy 3D touch enabling me to "clear all" effortlessly. I don't have 3D touch on my iPad, so when I'm clearing out my notifications there, I am reminded of how great 3D touch is.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
3D Touch is especially useful in two situations for me. First, the cursor. As you mentioned, it is great to be able to move the cursor around by force pressing the screen now. Makes it much more easy to manage. And the second instance is when listening to music. I will force press songs and select the "Play Next" option. So it's helpful for me in using the music player.

Aside from that, I don't really use it at all honestly. I don't find any other situations where it makes my life easier. But those two are probably daily uses for me.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Coming over and using my 7+ on my second day I'm already finding a few useful reasons for 3D Touch. Icon shortcuts work great such as getting to battery from settings and viewing pages via hyperlinks previews.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234