Wow...So 3D Touch isn't a gimmick.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is this only a 7+ feature? I only have a 6S and 6S+ and I can't get that to work on either of those phones.

It works on my 6s Plus. It's finicky though. You have to get way over to the left. I have the best result putting my finger on edge, then rolling it onto the screen. Once you've done it a few times, it's easier.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
It works on my 6s Plus. It's finicky though. You have to get way over to the left. I have the best result putting my finger on edge, then rolling it onto the screen. Once you've done it a few times, it's easier.

I got it to work. I was trying to do this on the right side of the screen. Thanks for the help. This might be something I use.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I use it to switch between apps. Its the only way I do it now.
I always felt that this option should be customizable. For right-handed folks it is on the wrong side. It should be done on the right side of the phone, followed by right to left swipe. Right now it is on the left, followed by left to right swipe, which is super awkward. Same goes for recent app switch.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I didn't realize how much I used 3D touch until I switched from my 6S to a few android phones last year. It was right up there with iMessage and FaceTime as far as things I missed. It is definitely one of the things I consider whenever I get the itch to try another phone.

Soreloser

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I always felt that this option should be customizable. For right-handed folks it is on the wrong side. It should be done on the right side of the phone, followed by right to left swipe. Right now it is on the left, followed by left to right swipe, which is super awkward. Same goes for recent app switch.
I am right handed...but I hold the phone in my left hand. Normally I use the right hand for all the screen touches but I guess if I tried to use it one handed I would probably hold it in my right hand.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Use it on a daily basis myself. Quite a surprise considering I had originally thought it was a gimmick before getting an iPhone that supported it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro