8 months later - Update on switching to iPhone 7+ 256GB after 10 years Exclusively on Android flagsh

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Everyone I know who has the iphone has never had the issues that can damper an Adroid phone. I am not badgering Android. I used Android for many years and sold wireless in the early 2000's. I just find Apple more fluid and I have never had an issue with an update. I am lucky I guess.

jdlnmia

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I will agree that the camera control software on the iP7 SUUUUUUCKS. It is very buggy. It is really inexcusable when any Samsung Galaxy can churn out amazing pics all day every day. But when it is working, the iPhone camera is way better in terms of metering, focus, color accuracy and saturation. It is the Leica to the Nikon of Samsung.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Wow, a lot of people complaining about iPhones camera...surprising. Of all the my wife has owned iPhones and I've tested iPhones at work, as well as my 7+, not once have I ever had any issues with their cameras. Samsung pics over produce sometimes making the pictures look fake, while devices that don't have OIS need multiple pics to get a decent shot. I get a fantastic pic every time, rarely fails and when it does it's usually my fault. The colour representation on iPhones is also incredible, it doesn't exaggerate colours or tones like other phones I've used in the past.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Oh, don't get me wrong. I SEVERELY miss Nova Prime and all the icon packs I had on Android. Not to mention the custom roms.

But in the 13 months I've been on iOS, I've only had to restart my phone a handful of times.....and all of them were iOS updates. I'll take the stability over customization any day.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I've had the gray and black screen issue, and missed out on some primo shots, with my 7 Plus. But I can't seem to recreate it for Verizon, nor am I anywhere near an Apple store

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow, a lot of people complaining about iPhones camera...surprising. Of all the my wife has owned iPhones and I've tested iPhones at work, as well as my 7+, not once have I ever had any issues with their cameras. Samsung pics over produce sometimes making the pictures look fake, while devices that don't have OIS need multiple pics to get a decent shot. I get a fantastic pic every time, rarely fails and when it does it's usually my fault. The colour representation on iPhones is also incredible, it doesn't exaggerate colours or tones like other phones I've used in the past.

I think that most people think the iPhone camera is very good and one of the best. I'm not saying that these people are not having issues on their phone but it is certainly not the norm. As far as the look of pictures being natural or over saturated, it's just personal preference. I like both at different times. Most of the time I prefer a natural looking shot though. Some people love that over saturated look though.

Bottom line is that the complaints are few when it comes to the iPhone camera or the Samsung camera for that matter. Both are top notch.

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Oh, don't get me wrong. I SEVERELY miss Nova Prime and all the icon packs I had on Android. Not to mention the custom roms.

But in the 13 months I've been on iOS, I've only had to restart my phone a handful of times.....and all of them were iOS updates. I'll take the stability over customization any day.

Agree! My iPhone is what I grab when I want to get things done with no drama. If I want to tinker around with something I grab the Android.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Agree! My iPhone is what I grab when I want to get things done with no drama. If I want to tinker around with something I grab the Android.

I like to get things done EVERYDAY! Making the switch back to iOS has made my life drama free. I know this sounds so ridiculous because this is a phone we are talking about, but we use our phones 24 hours, 7 days a week..well most of us! I love android devices, don't get me wrong but there are too many of them to keep up with. I once only bought Samsung, and slowly realized how horrible their software is. I think the best android phone I have used is the pixel. I loved the phone, but slowly realized that its an iphone on android software. Why not just go back to the iphone then?

Now I can't waste hours of my day trying to find a new icon pack, or new backgrounds to match those new icons. I always felt the need to "change" the way my android device looked. Now that I have accepted the fact that I can't change icons, can't change my text message bubble colors, and can't change the way my home screens look...I am at peace without the constant tinkering.

Not to mention, I worked out this morning streaming music on my bluetooth beats that were connected to my iphone and only used 2% battery in my 1 hour workout. Try and get that end result on ANY android device. Battery management, imessage, and facetime are the sole reasons I will not part with ios. MY entire family minus two people use iphones. Sending videos of my son directly through imessage is so convenient.

ebrandwein

Oct 3, 2000
Visit site
Just picked up an iPhone 7 plus after 5 years of Android use. So far, I'm very pleased. The phone is smooth and lightning quick. Great camera too. I really appreciate being able to PDF a web page through the share to ibooks feature. Battery life is terrific as well.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I like to get things done EVERYDAY! Making the switch back to iOS has made my life drama free. I know this sounds so ridiculous because this is a phone we are talking about, but we use our phones 24 hours, 7 days a week..well most of us! I love android devices, don't get me wrong but there are too many of them to keep up with. I once only bought Samsung, and slowly realized how horrible their software is. I think the best android phone I have used is the pixel. I loved the phone, but slowly realized that its an iphone on android software. Why not just go back to the iphone then?

Now I can't waste hours of my day trying to find a new icon pack, or new backgrounds to match those new icons. I always felt the need to "change" the way my android device looked. Now that I have accepted the fact that I can't change icons, can't change my text message bubble colors, and can't change the way my home screens look...I am at peace without the constant tinkering.

Not to mention, I worked out this morning streaming music on my bluetooth beats that were connected to my iphone and only used 2% battery in my 1 hour workout. Try and get that end result on ANY android device. Battery management, imessage, and facetime are the sole reasons I will not part with ios. MY entire family minus two people use iphones. Sending videos of my son directly through imessage is so convenient.

It's nice just being able to use the phone without having to worry about all that stuff.

When I was major into Android back in 2010-2012 I had a Galaxy Nexus and I literally was flashing a new rom and kernel each week trying to find that sweet spot for battery life it got exhausting so when I came back to iOS with the iPhone 5 it was a breath of fresh air and I haven't looked back since.

newrising86

Feb 16, 2017
Visit site
It's nice just being able to use the phone without having to worry about all that stuff.

When I was major into Android back in 2010-2012 I had a Galaxy Nexus and I literally was flashing a new rom and kernel each week trying to find that sweet spot for battery life it got exhausting so when I came back to iOS with the iPhone 5 it was a breath of fresh air and I haven't looked back since.
I had the Nexus 6 and 6p as my last 2 phones. I would flash a new rom and kernel multiple times a week. I've been rooting Android for years. I always loved the customization and freedom of Android. I thought I'd try the 7 plus and lay off all the customization and it's been great. I've had an iPad for a couple years so I was pretty used to ios. Battery life is stellar compared to any Android I've used.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

Well said. I've used multiple Android devices (as well as BlackBerry and Windows phone) and am looking for simplicity now. Just got a 32gb SE from Cricket yesterday. We'll see how it goes but hoping this will fit the bill.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm really liking the stability and consistency of my iPhone 7+. I did not have that with my nexus 6 or 6p unfortunately. I liked the devices but I had many battery and connection issues. I got really tired of wiping the cache partition and doing factory resets. I decided to give the iPhone a shot and I'm glad I did. No drama. It just works.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm really liking the stability and consistency of my iPhone 7+. I did not have that with my nexus 6 or 6p unfortunately. I liked the devices but I had many battery and connection issues. I got really tired of wiping the cache partition and doing factory resets. I decided to give the iPhone a shot and I'm glad I did. No drama. It just works.

+1, right there with you.

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
I finally did was I was threatening to do for almost a year...moved to iOS form Android. Traded in my LG V20 for an iPhone 7 Plus (ironically two hours before I made the switch my V20 got the security patch I was whining about not having the last few months LOL). I'm really liking the phone so far, but its going to take a few days/weeks to get used to the new interface. The only thing I miss from Android is the organization. I feel the global menus and notification system is a mess on iOS. I will get used to it though. Maybe there will be a few "fixes" in iOS 11.

Anyway. The speakers on the phone are amazing (waterproofing isn't holding them back), build quality seems great, the Intel modem is actually performing better than my V20 (my LTE speeds are sometimes double) --manufactured controversy possibly by Qualcomm?, screen looks awesome (I've been using 2K screens for years and I don't notice much of a difference), home button was weird at first but now pretty cool, etc. I got a little dizzy after using the headphone dongle for the first time so I hope that isn't an ongoing thing and just a coincidence (hadn't had a day off in two weeks and just mowed the lawn in the heat). I turned off the exaggerated animations so lets see if that helps too.

I really don't understand the Android vs. iOS war. They are pretty comparable and both do the same thing just do it in different ways. So far I'm really impressed with Apple.

Also, am I just stupid or can you not use Apple Pay to make purchases in the Appstore?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I will agree that the camera control software on the iP7 SUUUUUUCKS. It is very buggy. It is really inexcusable when any Samsung Galaxy can churn out amazing pics all day every day. But when it is working, the iPhone camera is way better in terms of metering, focus, color accuracy and saturation. It is the Leica to the Nikon of Samsung.

WOW, sorry to here that your iPhone camera "SUUUUUUCKS", this is definitely not the norm as so many are very pleased with the iPhone cameras. I'm currently on my 4th generation iPhone model and I've never had a problem with any of the cameras or iPhone itself. When I had the Samsung SG3, Note3 and iPhone 5s at the same time, I always grabbed my 5s to take photos even though the screen was much smaller but the photos was much better and the camera worked flawlessly compared to both Samsung cameras which had a hesitation and blurry effect. I'm sure the cameras on the newer Samsungs have gotten better, but so has the cameras on the iPhone.

bluesqueen23

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Beauty is subjective, I guess. To me the new Sammy phones are not that attractive, particularly the S8. For my taste the most attractive new device is the Blackberry Keyone, followed by the classic look of the iPhone SE. However, I use an SE so I'm a bit partial lol. But the S8? Just a slab. And with Undroid to boot. Ugh.

I use an iPhone 7 for my personal phone and a BB Priv for my business phone. I'm planning on purchasing a BB KeyOne when it's available in U.S.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73