8 months later - Update on switching to iPhone 7+ 256GB after 10 years Exclusively on Android flagsh

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Hey, All.

Just an update. I am still in absolute love with this powerhouse of a phone and the Apple Ecosystem. It's smooth, fast, reliable, updated, and dependable beyond belief. Battery life if still outstanding.

I have a Galaxy s7 as well, and I've had ZERO desire to even charge it up. Haha

I have to say, the ONLY ONLY THING that I have missed from android, and it only happened a few times in 8 months, was the ability to download a video clip from YouTube (or any other source) and quickly edit it and add some MP3 music to it that I would also download on-the-fly. That's not too easy on the iPhone - unless I'm missing something. But that's the only thing I've missed

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Oh, and just so you know, during all those years on Android, I would swap to a new/different handset every several months once I got bored - that came out to at least 5 or so phones per year. I have no desire to switch anymore - it's so nice not worrying about chasing the rabbit.

Just wanted to update and share

Thanks,

Matt!

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I can definitely identify with you. I was a diehard Blackberry user and the messed around with Android and Blackberry at the same time for a little while, but then I saw that Apple iPhone Gold 5s commercial and decided to go for it....the rest is history and I haven't looked back since. ENJOY your Apple iPhone...I am.

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
@KillerQ Matt ---- Thanks for the update! I switched to my first iPhone only one month ago, and it looks like I'm headed towards the same level of satisfaction that you're experiencing. I have no desire to look back at Undroid.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I did the opposite route. I had the 7 Plus and switched it for the S8+. There are features I miss on the 7 Plus, but Android serves me better. Both are great ecosystems, though, and I'll be purchasing the next iPhone when it comes out in September.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I did the opposite route. I had the 7 Plus and switched it for the S8+. There are features I miss on the 7 Plus, but Android serves me better. Both are great ecosystems, though, and I'll be purchasing the next iPhone when it comes out in September.

Thanks for the feedback. If you get a few minutes, please share what you miss about the 7+ as well as what you prefer about the S8+

Thanks!!

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. If you get a few minutes, please share what you miss about the 7+ as well as what you prefer about the S8+

Thanks!!

Heh. Interesting. I returned my S8+ today at the local Verizon store and picked up the PRODUCT red iPhone 7 Plus 256GB. The S8+ was a beautiful phone and had great features, but the iPhone 7 Plus was the only phone that made me happy. I love that the apps look better on iOS. I love that iOS gets updated all the time. On Samsung, who knows when the next update will come out. Plus, everyone in my family has iPhones and I love that I can keep in touch with them on FaceTime and iMessage. I'm happy on iOS and I'll stay here for a long time.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Heh. Interesting. I returned my S8+ today at the local Verizon store and picked up the PRODUCT red iPhone 7 Plus 256GB. The S8+ was a beautiful phone and had great features, but the iPhone 7 Plus was the only phone that made me happy. I love that the apps look better on iOS. I love that iOS gets updated all the time. On Samsung, who knows when the next update will come out. Plus, everyone in my family has iPhones and I love that I can keep in touch with them on FaceTime and iMessage. I'm happy on iOS and I'll stay here for a long time.

Glad you figured out what works!!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Question did you preorder you're phone at a Verizon store or do it online or through the app? I did mine through the app and I'm hoping I can just take it back to a corporate store without having to ship it.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Question did you preorder you're phone at a Verizon store or do it online or through the app? I did mine through the app and I'm hoping I can just take it back to a corporate store without having to ship it.

I did not preorder the S8+. I picked it up in store on Friday.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I only miss the simplicity of music and ease of it on Android. I find Apple to be more difficult and I am technical. Other than that Apple is great.

Last edited by a moderator:

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Interesting seeing so many people switching. I've exclusively used Android (not going to lie I was one of those people that used to make fun of Apple a lot -- the exaggerated advertising speak Apple uses to describe their products still turn me off) and I'm thinking about making the move to iOS. Sick of my V20 not getting software updates (close to five months behind in security patches).

If I make the switch I can't decide between the 6s Plus or 7 Plus. Personally I'd prefer the physical button and headphone jack of the 6s Plus (plus $100 cheaper for the 128 GB variant), but it would be nice to have the better camera, processor, official water resistance, speakers, and more ram. Most important things to me are battery life and timely security updates.

Also, I'm not sure I could ever get used to not having a systemwide back button. It's up to app developers to put a back button in their apps, correct?

How are the speakers of the 7 Plus compared to say the V20?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Almost an identical story here. Android user since day one and I switched to iOS in April 2016 and haven't looked back. And almost all of my Android devices were Google / Nexus phones.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Interesting seeing so many people switching. I've exclusively used Android (not going to lie I was one of those people that used to make fun of Apple a lot -- the exaggerated advertising speak Apple uses to describe their products still turn me off) and I'm thinking about making the move to iOS. Sick of my V20 not getting software updates (close to five months behind in security patches).

If I make the switch I can't decide between the 6s Plus or 7 Plus. Personally I'd prefer the physical button and headphone jack of the 6s Plus (plus $100 cheaper for the 128 GB variant), but it would be nice to have the better camera, processor, official water resistance, speakers, and more ram. Most important things to me are battery life and timely security updates.

Also, I'm not sure I could ever get used to not having a systemwide back button. It's up to app developers to put a back button in their apps, correct?

How are the speakers of the 7 Plus compared to say the V20?

I think for the extra $100 it's worth getting the 7+

The camera upgrade alone is worth it and I've never heard such good quality sound comes from the stereo speakers. I had an s7 edge and a pixel and both stereos sucked on those devices. I now appreciate what everyone is talking about when they rant and rave about apple's stereo speakers

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

I was worried about this coming from 3 years of android but using swipe to go back is more than fine, For me anyway.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I think what gets people is the beauty of the Android phones coming out. The S8 is the nicest looking phone I have ever seen. People WANT to like it, but end up realizing the software just isn't on par with iOS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro