iPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You guys make me want to get this now
If your soley just want to use iOS, I'd say wait for i8. Im sure that will be much alike the s8. If your open to other platforms like myself, I'd say go for it. Many people here thought I only used iOS. I have used android since back on the HTC Inspire and Motorola Atrix. I've owed many over the years.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Not really tied to iOS, yes I convinced my wife to get an iPhone but as a fan of tech I'm always open to other platforms; granted my last spin in the android world was with the google Nexus one, the S8 and the OnePlus has struck my curiosity

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Not really tied to iOS, yes I convinced my wife to get an iPhone but as a fan of tech I'm always open to other platforms; granted my last spin in the android world was with the google Nexus one, the S8 and the OnePlus has struck my curiosity
I had the s7 edge. I liked it. But it never came my primary phone. I sold that once I got the s8. But now that I have the s8, it's the only phone I use.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
The S8 sounds incredible especially if your iPhone feels slow and dated, interesting input.

I can assure you that the iPhone is not slow :) After using a S8+ for three weeks most thing still gets done faster on the iPhone 7+ Yes the hardware looks dated with all the bezels but the iPhone 7 screen still has quality if you ignore the bezels

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I can assure you that the iPhone is not slow :) After using a S8+ for three weeks most thing still gets done faster on the iPhone 7+ Yes the hardware looks dated with all the bezels but the iPhone 7 screen still has quality if you ignore the bezels

I thought as much as with everyone on the iPhone forums drooling over the S8 and what seems to be majority agreeing I was starting to doubt myself a little. I did get to use the S8 for a bit but maybe real world use introduced or showed me things I didn't notice.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Will make a mention that it's a hard one to install.. I'm really good at installing screen protectors but I had my coworker do it because she's really good! Plus I tend to flub mine at least once.. everyone else's protectors I get right the first try lol go figure. And seeing as I had to order it and I can't just yank another off the shelf so I didn't take chances.

Yes, the Sapphire Defense has been much improved over the iPhone 7 version. The first one I tried on the S8+ I had on a little high and over to the right. The one side would not lay down and I had a couple bubbles at the top. If you don't get the SD on perfect the first time there will be problems. ZAGG sent me a replacement and I have yet to install it. Right now I'm using the Bodyguardz Pure Arc tempered glass and it's been perfect. If the Bodyguardz gives me problems then I'll try round two with the Sapphire Defense.

Brooke, any experience with the Bodyguardz Pure Arc ?

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I got the sapphire defense and LOVE it! It looked like it wasn't going to settle at first but it has now and there's no issues with the touch screen. It's Perfect! Highly recommended!

Can you post a couple pictures showing the Sapphire Defense installed on your phone? Thanks.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Curious question for those who own multiple phones.

Do you swap them out daily? Do you collect phones or sell them off to help pay for newer ones?

I get the appreciation for both platforms as each has pros/cons, but i could never intentionally own more than one phone for personal use (i have two phones but one is a personal, the other work gave me...both iPhones).

iPhone 7 Plus is my personal device.
Galaxy S8 is my work device.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the iPhone 6, 6s plus and the 7 plus. Not a whole lot has changed.

This is probably what won me over so much with this S8. I went full on iPhone when the 6 released. Didn't even look over the fence. I kind of had my head in the sand. Then I picked up the S8 and I was like "whoa...I've been missing out!" Lol. Quite a few great features that the iPhone should have had a few devices ago, honestly. I understand the "Apple waits to add features until they're ready"...but they are working wonderfully on the S8. I really hope the next release of iPhones and iOS 11 catches up.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner