iPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
You should be! It's gorgeous! Haven't got it fully set up yet though so it's a work in progress

I watched a bunch of videos too on the G6 and I think the hardware is so much nicer than the s8. I don't want to rain on your parade during your honeymoon phase, but I've heard the battery is not good. If you can live with that then awesome. I can't even see myself using anything other than an iPhone plus model at this point BC of the insane battery life I get, without "tweaking" a d*mn thing! It's crazy.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I watched a bunch of videos too on the G6 and I think the hardware is so much nicer than the s8. I don't want to rain on your parade during your honeymoon phase, but I've heard the battery is not good. If you can live with that then awesome. I can't even see myself using anything other than an iPhone plus model at this point BC of the insane battery life I get, without "tweaking" a d*mn thing! It's crazy.

Yeah. I'll see how the battery life works out. I am not as good at tweaking stuff as I used to be, but I'll give it my best shot. If all else fails I have fast charging . I forgot how much I liked LG!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I'll see how the battery life works out. I am not as good at tweaking stuff as I used to be, but I'll give it my best shot. If all else fails I have fast charging . I forgot how much I liked LG!

I like LG phones too. What do you like the most about the G6 so far?

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I like LG phones too. What do you like the most about the G6 so far?

I'll get back with you once I pop my sim in later today, possibly tomorrow. But just from setting up over wifi there are a lot of things I'm digging and I'll give you a more informed answer

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
What do you like better on it over the Sammy? Mine s8+ was free so it was a no brainer for what I'm using. They gave me a free s7 edge last year too. I just keep getting invited back. I'll be honest, I have been on my Sammy for over 4 weeks now. I tried to go back to 7 plus and hated it. Lasted only 3 hours. Just seemed horrible.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
What do you like better on it over the Sammy? Mine s8+ was free so it was a no brainer for what I'm using. They gave me a free s7 edge last year too. I just keep getting invited back. I'll be honest, I have been on my Sammy for over 4 weeks now. I tried to go back to 7 plus and hated it. Lasted only 3 hours. Just seemed horrible.

What did you hate about the 7 plus other than the size?

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
The size is absolutely horrible. So wide that's it's uncomfortable to hold. And heavy. The screen is also very dated and looks bad.

So it's primarily hardware related, fair enough. It's definitely wide, agree makes it less comfortable to hold.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
So far I'm liking the size. Definite size difference as you can ask my warring thumbs. AOD has been swell so far. Stock out of the box it's pretty quick and streamline. Enjoying the placement of the rear fingerprint sensor so much more than Samsung. I also love the knock knock, but I really think that's a user preference. I, personally, think the UI is a bit cleaner than Samsung.

Haven't got a good battery test done yet. The screen is gorgeous and packed into a small body. The sound is fairly decent. I'm still test driving it so if you have any other questions just hit me up.

Oh! And definitely more appreciative of the flat screen experience vs the curved display.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Im in love wi th mine. By the way, the zagg glass came lose. I returned it to target today.
I heard from a best buy rep to do a warranty exchange on the curved glass and they'll upgrade you to the sapphire defense. I do recommend it. It's case friendly as well. Got the otterbox commuter and it's perfect with the protector. Plus it's an amazing case- I prefer it over the symmetry I have been using.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
So far I'm liking the size. Definite size difference as you can ask my warring thumbs. AOD has been swell so far. Stock out of the box it's pretty quick and streamline. Enjoying the placement of the rear fingerprint sensor so much more than Samsung. I also love the knock knock, but I really think that's a user preference. I, personally, think the UI is a bit cleaner than Samsung.

Haven't got a good battery test done yet. The screen is gorgeous and packed into a small body. The sound is fairly decent. I'm still test driving it so if you have any other questions just hit me up.

Oh! And definitely more appreciative of the flat screen experience vs the curved display.
Yeah finger print scammer is a little weird but I adjusted. But to be honest, I rarely need it anyways. I use face detection to unlock 90% of the time. Use finger print for the few times it fails. And screen looks so much better since I switched it to the WQHD+ resolution. And my battery with that setting still beats my 7 plus.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I heard from a best buy rep to do a warranty exchange on the curved glass and they'll upgrade you to the sapphire defense. I do recommend it. It's case friendly as well. Got the otterbox commuter and it's perfect with the protector. Plus it's an amazing case- I prefer it over the symmetry I have been using.
I'll tried the symmetry and hated it due to the bulk. Returned it the next day. Made it too wide. So now I just use the Speck grip presidio.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I'll tried the symmetry and hated it due to the bulk. Returned it the next day. Made it too wide. So now I just use the Speck grip presidio.
That's one I haven't tried. The commuter is a little bit more protective so i doubt you'd like it if added bulk isn't your thing. I tried a tech 21 and I didn't like the buttons. Plus the shallow camera cutout.