Galaxy S8 Anyone?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I am guessing it is through the Samsung device insights program. This is how I got my s8. I signed up for a note 5 promo a couple years ago and I guess they decided to include me this time as well.
Yes insight. And that's how I got in too. From 2 years ago

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
LOL , I remember those days where I had to have the latest and greatest of everything. I once looked on my night stand and saw three smartphones, Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 and Apple iPhone 5s and said to myself..."REALLY?" I'm glad those days have since past.
Many of us on this thread got them free directly from samsung. Makes it very easy when we got to pick what we wanted. S8 or the plus. Carrier and color. That's not a hard decision to say yes. Oh and VR included too.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Many of us on this thread got them free directly from samsung. Makes it very easy when we got to pick what we wanted. S8 or the plus. Carrier and color. That's not a hard decision to say yes. Oh and VR included too.

Dang. That's a sweet deal.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sure where your going with this, but congratulations. I wasn't referring to free or paid. I was just stating that I'm glad I'm over the stage where I had to have the latest and greatest. I also don't need to add another number on my plan for another device that's going to be sitting on my night stand. It makes no difference whether it's free or not to me. I'm just happy where I am. Enjoy your s8, I've heard good things about them.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure where your going with this, but congratulations. I wasn't referring to free or paid. I was just stating that I'm glad I'm over the stage where I had to have the latest and greatest. I also don't need to add another number on my plan for another device that's going to be sitting on my night stand. It makes no difference whether it's free or not to me. I'm just happy where I am. Enjoy your s8, I've heard good things about them.
Oh I didnt add no number. It uses the same sim. Just switch sim to whatever device you want to use.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Oh I didnt add no number. It uses the same sim. Just switch sim to whatever device you want to use.

Yeah, I'm well aware of that as well. I just don't have a desire to do that. Maybe because (once again), I just don't have the desire to get caught up in a six month loop of the greatest and latest. Enjoy your device (s).

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Until the Note 8 comes out!

BTW, how did you get a free 8+ from Samsung?

Yep. The Note 8 will be the only Android phone that might be hard for me to resist. I've keep handling my friends S8 and outside of the initial feel and the screen it doesn't do anything for me. I'm a big S-pen fan so I'm excited for the Note.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I will continue using my iPhone 7 and S7 Edge until the Pixel 2 comes out. I am still undecided on the iPhone 8. It has to be way more than an incremental update to the software not just the hardware. IOS is rather stale.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
About the QHD screen I've played with s8+ and only difference I can see with the 7+ is the over saturated colours.
Used to own the 7 edge and with it was the same. Everyone hyped the resolution, still couldn't see difference. And yes, my eyesight is okay.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Am I the only one who thought the S8+ or thinks the S8+ feels a little plasticky? That was one of my major concerns when I was test driving mine because I love nekkid phones.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Am I the only one who thought the S8+ or thinks the S8+ feels a little plasticky? That was one of my major concerns when I was test driving mine because I love nekkid phones.

Not at all. I do feel it's lighter than the iPhone. But I love my galaxy and have been using it as my primary for almost two weeks

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
That's because you're a traitor face deluxe, and I love-hate you! ;)

Also, I think you may be right. Maybe the overall lightness is surprising to the solid feeling of an iPhone.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
That's because you're a traitor face deluxe, and I love-hate you! ;)

Also, I think you may be right. Maybe the overall lightness is surprising to the solid feeling of an iPhone.

Yeah. But don't get me wrong. I love both my devices. I still have my iPhone active. But got a new line for the galaxy. I'll text you the new number ❤️

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site

I wish it were "plasticky" - that way I wouldn't have to worry about its durability. All this glass phone "premium" nonsense is just money in the bank for companies dealing in cases, screen protectors, insurance, extended warranties, repairs, etc. Give me a solid plastic phone with top-shelf innards and I'd be all over it.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I wish it were "plasticky" - that way I wouldn't have to worry about its durability. All this glass phone "premium" nonsense is just money in the bank for companies dealing in cases, screen protectors, insurance, extended warranties, repairs, etc. Give me a solid plastic phone with top-shelf innards and I'd be all over it.

Agreed. I'm not an average buyer. So all this premium material to house a premium OS kind of puts a damper on me buying multiple phones a year anymore. Those were the days.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I used my sisters S8 for an hour yesterday to goof around and while it's nice, to me it's not leagues and bounds ahead of the 7+. Benefits for me is the narrow design makes it easier to hold and the screen is sharper. Otherwise there were many things I considered my iPhone does better.

I get it, if I was a fan of this brand and 3 years counting it was the same design I'd get annoyed. But then again, I wouldn't buy the latest every year so doubt I'd suffer that problem. Does apple need a change? Sure, I can agree it does. But for a first time iPhone + user, I'm totally content with this current design and still much prefer the overall package I get with 7+ over S8/+

Yep. As a first time iPhone user this is a non issue for me as well. I'm loving the battery life and stability though. And I'm fine with 1080p. Especially if it helps battery life. I've had 2k. Can't really tell much difference.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Yep. As a first time iPhone user this is a non issue for me as well. I'm loving the battery life and stability though. And I'm fine with 1080p. Especially if it helps battery life. I've had 2k. Can't really tell much difference.

2k on my 6P was great, no complaints....but the same is said for my 7+. I usually try to stick with oled panels, but this iPhone screen and display colour representation is top quality.

iPhone as individual parts seems average (specs) but the overall package is premier quality through and through. Is it perfect? No, I don't think a phone will ever be perfect...but its as high quality as smart phones get. iOS is such a pleasure, although restrictive, as its speed and fluid transitions nail experience.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
2k on my 6P was great, no complaints....but the same is said for my 7+. I usually try to stick with oled panels, but this iPhone screen and display colour representation is top quality.

iPhone as individual parts seems average (specs) but the overall package is premier quality through and through. Is it perfect? No, I don't think a phone will ever be perfect...but its as high quality as smart phones get. iOS is such a pleasure, although restrictive, as its speed and fluid transitions nail experience.

I honestly feel my galaxy is way faster and battery life is certainly better on it. Might be my phone though. I've had problems (albeit minor) with my iPhone this round

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative