When I was using Android / Google phones, I was using Google Music. I've also tried Spotify and Pandora. I still use Pandora (free) but I'm paying for Apple Music now that I'm on iOS. I guess I could still be using Google Music, but when I switched to iOS I also tried Apple Music and I liked it so I stayed with it.
    Tartarus likes this.
    04-04-2017 08:20 PM
    Apple Music. Currently on a three month free trial that came with my Beats X. Was on Amazon Music through Prime but cancelled it because the music selection wasn't as great as Apple Music
    I have really liked Amazon Music Unlimited, not to be confused with Amazon Music -- Amazon Music is free with Prime, with only about 2 million songs; Music Unlimited is their $9.99/month; it is reduced to $7.99/month if you have prime, or you can pay $79 per year (works out to $6.67/month); then if you have an Amazon Echo, Dot, or Tap it is only $3.99 month and claims to have roughly 40 million songs (compared to 30 million for Spotify and Apple Music).

I've had a hard time training Apple Music to know what kind of music I like, it still gives me songs I just don't like. Amazon, over a shorter time, seems to have done a good job of figuring out my musical tastes. I've also liked Google Play Music and it has gotten much better since it started but I still don't think they do as well at exposing you to newer music that you might like, though the YouTube Red is a really nice feature.

Of course, the big advantage Apple Music has is the way it integrates with Siri and your Apple devices.
    04-05-2017 03:28 AM
    We had Apple Music for about 6 months but switched to Spotify and like it better.

For us, Spotify just does a better job with recommending music and their playlist fit us better.

If you have never been a member of either, I believe they both have a 3 month trial. Try them both and see which one fits better.
    04-05-2017 02:13 PM
    Spotify free, I tried Apple Music's trial run and didn't like it, occasionally I'll listen to the few tracks I purchased while trying it, but I don't like the sort of magazine-y, DJ ish,we'll tell you what to like interface. I choose the free service because I don't want to pay to listen to music,I have several wireless sets and £10 pcm for a couple of hours a week does not appeal. I also have radio.net if bored.
    04-06-2017 08:55 AM
29 12