Battery drain

Natalie Martin

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had the 7+ a couple of months now. Originally battery was amazing too good in fact. About 8-9 hours ON SCREEN TIME per charge cycle. Last couple of days it's gone down considerably, now 6 hours on screen time. It's been off charge 16 hours, on screen time is only 3 hours and battery is 64% so this is really bugging me. I've had all the usual suspects turned off since the beginning and haven't updated until yesterday so can't figure this out at all.
Anyone else having same issue?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you recently update iOS? this can sometimes affect battery use, particularly within the first 24 hours of installing.

Any new apps? Usage changed by app (i.e. playing a game more than before?)

You might want to try one full cycle by letting your battery run all the way down until the phone shuts off, then charge all the way to 100%. This will calibrate the battery meter. I'd do it a couple times a year (not often as deep discharges are generally not good for LiIon batteries)

Natalie Martin

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Updated yesterday but problems started before that. Battery percentage showed nothing that it didn't from the beginning. Evidently I turned off siri which I turned on a few days ago and my battery seems to be stable again. Previously it went down 15% in two hours and now 5 hours later it has only gone down 20% and I've been using it pretty heavy. Siri was the culprit for me which is good as I've never used it!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Updated yesterday but problems started before that. Battery percentage showed nothing that it didn't from the beginning. Evidently I turned off siri which I turned on a few days ago and my battery seems to be stable again. Previously it went down 15% in two hours and now 5 hours later it has only gone down 20% and I've been using it pretty heavy. Siri was the culprit for me which is good as I've never used it!

Keep in mind too, the big 3 battery users are Screen brightness, push notifications and location services. Cutting back on those helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2