Bypassing iTunes to download music onto my iPhone

AppleAddict73

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
Hello!

I'm curious, is there a way to download music directly from the internet on my phone without having to sync to iTunes.

I have a bunch of music on Bandcamp and purchase quite a bit often. But I can't listen to them until I'm at my computer, download them and then put them in iTunes and then sync my phone.

With my old android phone, I could easily download my music and just simply add it to my music player and done. I would love to be able to do this with my Apple phone.

Is it possible?

Riya Bramhe

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Downloading...

There is no other way for this. You must first sync them to your iTunes and then further transfer them on your mobile!

AppleAddict73

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
You said that in the op didn't you, my bad. I just glanced at it and read it as bootcamp

Edit... I just looked on the App Store and there is a Bandcamp app. It might be for streaming only though. I guess you have to download?

I have the app, but you are correct, its for streaming only. Oh well what a few more steps! Thanks for helping

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I can't believe nobody in this thread has mentioned iTunes Match...

This is EXACTLY the use case for it.

1) Subscribe to iTunes Match, it's $36 a year.
2) On your computer, download your music from Bandcamp and import it into iTunes.
3) Your music will show up on all your devices and you can download it OTA without having to plug anything in.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204146

madeinhb

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I use plex. I have the lifetime subscription. I can stream from my computer or download to my phone in the plex app. But has to be set up and downloaded on computer first. I live in US and when I was I'm Spain - I was able to download some movies to my phone. Plex is my media center now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711