A trip to the dark side!

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
About a month ago I was enjoying a winters walk on the beach at low tide with my wife and dogs. Getting home a few hours later, I realized that I did not have my phone and when I used "Find my Phone" it showed on the beach... about 300 yards off shore since the tide came in and took it to its cold watery grave.

I was so mad that I lost my $800 phone that I vowed not to replace it. I was going to suffer with whatever cheap phone I had in my desk drawer. I found an old Kyocera clunker and began my punishment.

I got used to it a little, it was slower than my 7 plus, the screen wasn't as nice and the camera was a joke, but I screwed up and had to pay the price.. I didn't know how long my punishment would last, but felt good punishing myself for losing my phone.

Finally after about a month of Smartphone Hell .. I cracked, I paid the piper, bought a new 7+ 256 gb (my old one was a 128gb).. and I am back in the game. The reason for the story is if you ever want to appreciate your IPhone, just get rid of it for a few weeks and see how much you miss it and rely on it. It is truly a important part of my daily life.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Lessons learned. I never set my phone down anywhere I go. I'd lose it in a heartbeat if I did. Thanks for sharing your experience.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I would have gotten a new phone immediately ha ha. Though I would have known right away if it went to the water as it probably would have had to leave my hands to do so I'm on my phone too much.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the story @RobertP1. I'm not sure how long i would last without my daily driver and having to use and old phone. I normally keep my phone for around 3 years so that would be a terribly long wait :D haha. The longest I've ever waited for a new phone to be delivered is 5 months. Which wasn't so bad since i was still using my current phone (at the time) and was working fine.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Good story. I kinda know how you felt. I went to the store one day and left my iPhone home by mistake....it was the longest fifteen minutes of my life...LOL

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I would have gotten a new phone immediately
It's only happened once, but I was down at the Apple Store within hours of my iPhone taking a dip into the washing machine. It already had water under the screen by the time I fished it out, and literally watched it short itself out while I stood there helplessly. Not a good day ... :crying:

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I gave in and gave in HARD... I saw the RED iPhone 7+ and lost it. I just had to get it and I freaking love it. It is a beautiful phone and so happy to have my life back on track

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I gave in and gave in HARD... I saw the RED iPhone 7+ and lost it. I just had to get it and I freaking love it. It is a beautiful phone and so happy to have my life back on track

Congratulations on your new Red Apple iPhone. Enjoy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2