New convert to iphone.

bcw10

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
Ive always avoided Iphone due to my personality of wanting to try what isn't popular... so ive had Blackberry 10's ( still a lot of good stuff there) , Android, Windows phone , Palm Pre etc etc... but at a new job my iphone-loving boss enthusiastically got me a 7plus.

I have to admit this is a good phone. Top quality hardware. Fast. Amazingly clear screen and mostly intuitive software. 3d feedback is neeto. I get it now.

Cheers. I am on board. ( for now) :)

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Welcome aboard; enjoy your stay. We are happy to help with any questions you come across as you get acquainted. I too was a Android Fanatic for years before I saw the light.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the family. Enjoy your stay here on iMore and post open. Don't hesitate to start a new thread, even if you think it's silly or asked before. We're happy to help.

Also, enjoy your iPhone. I, for one, am sure that you will.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I had a Blackberry Storm (I'm embarrassed to admit that!) and a Blackberry Tour before getting my first iPhone. I know what you're going through. Enjoy your new iPhone! Did you get the red one?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Welcome aboard; enjoy your stay. We are happy to help with any questions you come across as you get acquainted. I too was a Android Fanatic for years before I saw the light.

I finally jumped on board in January. We use the ipad at work.
I am pleased with my 7 plus and have completely switched personally to Apple. Bye bye Android, Samsung and HP...except my printer is HP

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Welcome Aboard bcw I think almost everyone started with a BlackBerry I also enjoyed using the 10's however when they went Android I came over to iPhone and so glad I did Enjoy your great new phone .

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
LIKE the OP I've always avoided apple products. First smart phone was a pocket pc (windows mobile), then went to the centro, palm pre, sidekicks, blackberry, then android. Few days ago i told my BFF that I'm bored of android and wanted to try an iphone, she jumped the android ship with me. She got the pink 7plus and i got the red one yesterday and boxed up my LG v20.

First impression - red looks really nice (yup tired of the same old black phones) also chose the red once because like 98% of the iphone community already got their phones on launch heheh wont be mistaken my red one for anyone else's

2nd - It feels great in the hand, though i find it hard to pick it up off a table when its flat. LOVE that it is water resistant. had to give up my note 7 and the v20 is not water resistant. SO HUGE PLUS! although i hear the phone wont work when wet, while the note 7 did.

3rd - still trying to get used to not swiping to type. but i must say the keyboard is amazing. Turned off auto correct and i still dont have half as many typos as i did with my previous device. took me a while to find the emojis button too.

4th- the imessage! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

5th - the 3d touch/clicking. OP you remember the Blackberry Storm, that clicky screen wasnt very popular. Apple managed to "copy" that but in a better way. at first the clicking would throw me off, but now i find it somewhat satisfying.

CONS

app store - i find the store a bit confusing especially when searching for an app. (maybe i just need to get used to it) Also its laggy. a few times its been stuck just searching, i had to close it out and open it again.

DOCK - on my v20 i had 7 dock icons, well 6 if you dont count the app drawer icon. I can even do with 5 since the phone app has a contacts options inside. But we're limited to only 4 which pretty much sucks.

ICONS- cant place them where i want. Like i mentioned above limited to 4, I would've compromised by adding a second row above the doc but cant, no option to leave spaces empty between icons.

one awesome PRO
can find cases and accessories almost anywhere, from amazon to the dollar store lol..

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
LIKE the OP I've always avoided apple products. First smart phone was a pocket pc (windows mobile), then went to the centro, palm pre, sidekicks, blackberry, then android. Few days ago i told my BFF that I'm bored of android and wanted to try an iphone, she jumped the android ship with me. She got the pink 7plus and i got the red one yesterday and boxed up my LG v20.

First impression - red looks really nice (yup tired of the same old black phones) also chose the red once because like 98% of the iphone community already got their phones on launch heheh wont be mistaken my red one for anyone else's

2nd - It feels great in the hand, though i find it hard to pick it up off a table when its flat. LOVE that it is water resistant. had to give up my note 7 and the v20 is not water resistant. SO HUGE PLUS! although i hear the phone wont work when wet, while the note 7 did.

3rd - still trying to get used to not swiping to type. but i must say the keyboard is amazing. Turned off auto correct and i still dont have half as many typos as i did with my previous device. took me a while to find the emojis button too.

4th- the imessage! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

5th - the 3d touch/clicking. OP you remember the Blackberry Storm, that clicky screen wasnt very popular. Apple managed to "copy" that but in a better way. at first the clicking would throw me off, but now i find it somewhat satisfying.

CONS

app store - i find the store a bit confusing especially when searching for an app. (maybe i just need to get used to it) Also its laggy. a few times its been stuck just searching, i had to close it out and open it again.

DOCK - on my v20 i had 7 dock icons, well 6 if you dont count the app drawer icon. I can even do with 5 since the phone app has a contacts options inside. But we're limited to only 4 which pretty much sucks.

ICONS- cant place them where i want. Like i mentioned above limited to 4, I would've compromised by adding a second row above the doc but cant, no option to leave spaces empty between icons.

one awesome PRO
can find cases and accessories almost anywhere, from amazon to the dollar store lol..
Well it's always good to try different things every once in a while. I had an iPhone 6 plus and 6s plus, before that I had Samsung Android devices. Android's never did well on battery life and I wanted to give the iPhone a shot. Got bored of it and went back to Samsung. Samsung battery still sucked (s7 edge) so I got a pixel. I love the pixel, it's currently my daily driver. I got a 7 plus to dabble with and I just can't comprise the 1080p ips screen quality. Android devices have such a nicer screen to me that I feel like I'm downgrading to an old phone that's stuck in like 2013. Even my Galaxy S4 screen was nicer.

I also love Android notifications and find that they really lack continuity on the iPhone. Also hate how you can't move icons like you said. My pixel is no iPhone but it is the closet Android to an iPhone, smoothness wise. It is super fast, never lags, and is really great on battery life. I'm not ready to move back to iOS until serious improvements in screen quality and notifications come on board. Atleast I gave it a shot!

Not sure if you are into smartwatches but every Android smartwatch is milestones ahead of the design of the Apple watch. You can spot the Apple watch on someone miles away bc it doesn't look like a normal watch. My gear s2 classic people mistake as a real watch. I felt like I had a D*ck Tracy watch on my wrist when I owned the Apple watch. Just my two cents

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711