CIA installs hacking tools on Apple products ??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not surprised. Heck, my generation enjoys privacy and is capable of agreeing to disagree. These days, people put EVERYTHING online for the world to see and they would rather hate you than agree to disagree.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'd say that's been all but proven by now. Luckily the vast majority of the population isn't worth the trouble. I'm not nearly exciting enough to show up on the government's radar.

I don't worry so much about government. I'm more concerned about tools like these that end up in others' hands which in turn are used to blackmail the guy cheating on his wife or something like that.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
If the CIA wanted to get info on you, I'm sure they can do better than install hacking tools on your smart phone. I mean, it's the government. They know where you are and what you are doing before you do.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I would not believe everything you read

This. ^ :yes:

I don't believe anything I read online unless there's an official source listed, and even then the self proclaimed news sites will twist bits and pieces of what they quote.

IMHO, the self proclaimed news sites are mostly rubbish.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not surprised. Heck, my generation enjoys privacy and is capable of agreeing to disagree. These days, people put EVERYTHING online for the world to see and they would rather hate you than agree to disagree.

Those darn whipper snappers.

To the defense of the young crowd. The old folks didn't have nearly the same tools the young crowd has. Can't really compare generations with two completely different experiences.

cuttheredwire

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
The hacks and tools in there are old and well known.

Ars Technica has a security RSS feed. If you kept up on that for the last few years, then what you would see in the weak is the weaponization of proof of concepts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2