Family information unavailable

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I have four iPhones, mine plus each for my kids. I have it set up so I can use "Find my iPhone" to see their phones. Today I wake up and pull it up to ensure they are in school and I only see my MacBook and iPhone. Check my account and it says family information unavailable, last night it worked just fine. Apple issue? Kids find away to remove themselves? File Mar 20, 10 11 22 AM copy.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you know their Apple ID, just go to the Find My iPhone app and log in with their Apple ID. You should see the location of their phone. Could be a temporary glitch. Try later. Make sure your wifi/cellular signals are ok. If their phones are powered off, you won't see them.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Also, I know Find My iPhone (FMi) is a great tool but for Family Sharing may I recommend using Find My Friends (FMF).

Several reasons it offers more for families than just FMi:

- Kids can use it to see where you are but can't access tools such as wipe or play sound
- You can geofence. Like you my daughter takes her phone to school. I get a notification when she arrives and one when she leaves so I know she's there all day.
- Everyone is a different colour so you can easily differentiate between devices/people
- FMi needs a login. FMF doesn't.

Mix that with iOS restriction for young children and they'll be hard pressed change the settings

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. I have find friends on as well as FMI. I just got home from work and pulled it up to test it and its working again so it was obviously a glitch.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I recently came across this Apple page:

[URL="https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/#mn_p]https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/[/URL]

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox