Do you use "Hey Siri" on your iPhone 7 Plus?

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I did mine a few different ways when I trained it, which seems to work. Still speaking normally, but just an emphasis on different parts of the phrase.

Good luck :)

LOL this makes me think of the time I tried to get my wife to train Siri on her phone. She decided to use a voice that I have NEVER heard come from her in our 15 years together. Funniest thing ever.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if it negatively impacts battery life? I just turned it on for the first time.

It's not documented anywhere but if I had to guess you would at most lose like 15 minutes of usage time while Hey Siri is enabled. Disabling it will only give you 15 more minutes if usage time.

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I've used it once or twice just playing around with it & haven't used it since. I would turn it off, but then I think what if one day I need it. So I keep it on because you just never know. Lol

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I do, but some things don't seem to work well through "Hey Siri" versus just activating Siri normally.

Example: "Hey Siri, I need lunch reservations"
"I'm afraid I can't book a table right now" then pulls up a list of restaurants to call...

But if I just activate Siri normally and ask the same question, Siri pulls up a list a restaurants near me that have available tables near the current time, and will link my selection to OpenTable to make my reservation.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I do, but some things don't seem to work well through "Hey Siri" versus just activating Siri normally.

Example: "Hey Siri, I need lunch reservations"
"I'm afraid I can't book a table right now" then pulls up a list of restaurants to call...

But if I just activate Siri normally and ask the same question, Siri pulls up a list a restaurants near me that have available tables near the current time, and will link my selection to OpenTable to make my reservation.

Ask a different way. Say, "Hey Siri, please show me local restaurants with available tables.".

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Ask a different way. Say, "Hey Siri, please show me local restaurants with available tables.".

I've tried many different ways. Most ways work fine via home button long press. None work via "Hey Siri"

I spent a good 3 hours trying to figure it out. Deleted and re downloaded OpenTable. Adjusted permissions, trying after each change. It's consistent.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've tried many different ways. Most ways work fine via home button long press. None work via "Hey Siri"

I spent a good 3 hours trying to figure it out. Deleted and re downloaded OpenTable. Adjusted permissions, trying after each change. It's consistent.

Yeah, it's odd. It's like when I ask Siri to call my wife, she can't. It's all set correct in contacts. But if I ask her to call my Spouse, then she can. LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73