Do you use "Hey Siri" on your iPhone 7 Plus?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use the Hey Siri feature almost everyday. It's a valuable feature to me, especially when I'm driving. In fact, I'll be driving back from Kentucky later this morning so I'm sure I will be using the Hey Siri option a few times during my 6 hour or so drive...:)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Used it earlier to send a text while my hands were busy and didn't want to take the time to pick the phone up and tap out a message

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I use it all the time! I use it to set my alarm when I go to bed. I used it to read a text when I'm driving. I use it to play music from a playlist. While she does frustrate me at times, overall, Siri & I have a good relationship!

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't use it at all. When I first got my 7 Plus I used it a few times but then I stopped. It's enabled. Do I like the idea of possible hacking by the government? Nope. But if it's going to happen there isn't much I can do about it. And they aren't going to find much of interested on my phone anyway.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I use it. Not often, but yes it does come in handy for situations that others have mentioned. Especially good for me during motorcycle season and I have gloves on. I can simply ask it to call someone, read text, play music, open maps, and all of the other useful features it provides.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I use it everyday in the morning while I'm getting ready for work. I can continue to get ready and also text my wife with ease. I also use it to start/stop/skip music while working in the yard with dirty hands etc. For those that say it's pretty useless and doesn't really do what they want it to do, you have to keep using consistently, it's always learning from your request and will get better and smarter the more you use it.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I used to have OK google on when it first came out and thought it was cool but then never used it again.

Same with Hey Siri. Used it a few times cause it seems nice to have but never used it after the 3rd week

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I use it all the time. It's active on my iPad too but never responds to "hey Siri"

iPads that support "Hey Siri" will only work while charging. This could be why it never responds. Try plugging your iPad into a charger and it should work.

anirdb55

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
Do you use "Hey Siri" on your iPhone 7 Plus?

What's the point of "Hey Siri" when all it can effectively do is just set alarms? It doesn't understand contextual communication and gives irrelevant information half the time.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Do you use "Hey Siri" on your iPhone 7 Plus?

What's the point of "Hey Siri" when all it can effectively do is just set alarms? It doesn't understand contextual communication and gives irrelevant information half the time.

Welcome to iMore!

I used it yesterday to send a text... I also use it quite a bit to set calendar events, reminders, etc. "Set a reminder in 46 days to XYZ". "Set an alarm every Tuesday morning at 8:45".

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2