03-25-2017 06:14 AM
- For me, NO. I would have issue even paying the 150 the airpods alone cost, ALTHOUGH I do understand the cost. I have a much more reasonable over the ear bluetooth headphones from Bluedio which cost me around 30 (on sale), and they work fantastic!
https://www.amazon.com/Bluedio-T3-Wi...mUvbUpU291357903-16-2017 02:29 PM
- My AirPods are one of my favorite purchases. I have used them every single day for the six weeks or so that I have had them. I use them multiple times during the day and I because of that I do not have an issue with the $160 that I paid for them. That being said there is no chance of me paying almost double that for them to be another color.03-16-2017 04:41 PM
- 03-18-2017 09:31 AM
- Sounds like a complete ripoff to me. Paying double the price for colored version? No thanks. I don't even see how I could keep them in my ear long. maybe if you sit at a desk or never bend over. The EarPods that came with my iPhone won't even stay, and they have the wire to help weigh em down.
Pass for me03-18-2017 03:05 PM
- Hell no it's not worth it. Waste of money if you ask me.
If AirPods just came out and there's a 3 month wait but you can go though colorwear to pick up the color of your choice and only have a 1 week wait, then I would think about it. Not pull the trigger on buying them but just think about it.
$140 for color is a waste of money. For $20 more, you can pick up another set.03-19-2017 10:59 AM
- 03-19-2017 09:16 PM
- I've never looked. I just think the concept of the AirPods is nice and all, but to not have any boost in sound quality over wired EarPods doesn't justify $160 just to have them be wireless. I think people who have purchased them are getting ripped off. But it's their money to be ripped off. Not mine.
Is the price high? Probably, but compared to other options they aren't that bad. Add the W1 and case for charging and they're quite nice but it's been less than a week for me so far03-20-2017 05:00 AM
- I also thought AirPods were a waste of money. But I bought them and I love them.
-no wires, I can listen to them at work and not worry about anything dangling and I use only one so I have my other ear open and this is amazing to do and worth it.
-$160 is the average price for Bluetooth earbuds. There is also Jaybird for much cheaper and Bose for $150 then it goes up from there. Price wise, its average price and worth it for me. Beats is $200.
-battery life. I have used over 20 hours and the case is still at 50%. Haven't charged them in a little over a week.
-sound quality. Amazing for bluetooth. Not amazing compared some others but this is bluetooth we are talking about. I have Bose mIE2, Shure SE215, Apple EarPods (original and with the lighting connector), PowerBeats wireless 2, Audio Technicia ATH M50, and Bose QC15. My ATH M50 are my go to for amazing sound quality. But bulky. Shure SE215 are amazing earbuds. And AirPods are amazing for bluetooth.
It's not cheap but I am very happy with them and it's not badly priced.
I also hated Apple products because they are overpriced but I have gotten to the iPhone 7Plus from the Nexus 6P and Apple Watch from the Huawei watch. And now the AirPods. Some thinks it's a waste but I don't.03-21-2017 11:43 AM
- 03-22-2017 04:25 AM
I went to the iPhone and was happy. Then I wanted the watch since I missed it and I got the watch. Then I was looking at Bluetooth headphones and ended up with AirPods.03-22-2017 08:51 AM
While i wouldn't mind having a different colour for my Air-pods and i think it would look really cool. At the end of the day, it's just a colour change and no additional features have been added. So to spend basically double for a new colour is a little hard to swallow and not really worth it IMO
For $300 bucks you can get a really nice pair of headphones.03-24-2017 08:49 AM
- I thought about a lot of different ones but I've used the EarPods so much that I figured nothing else would really suit me. And there's not a whole lot of difference in price vs the other options (Jaybird X3 were at the top of my list). The W1 chip, rechargeable case and the feel of EarPods but without wires that I either get caught on stuff fairly frequently (I use my phone in my pocket and forever getting it snagged on drawer pulls in the kitchen) or now and then tangles but I've always been good at putting them away so they aren't getting tangled.
Is the price high? Probably, but compared to other options they aren't that bad. Add the W1 and case for charging and they're quite nice but it's been less than a week for me so far03-25-2017 06:14 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-31-2017, 12:37 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-17-2017, 04:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD