Why is my phone color fading??

Rizaldhy Quntasyah

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
So, i bought my iphone 7 plus like 3 months ago and i went for the matte black one. I've been using it really carefully, i handle it gently. But, recently i noticed a different color between the back(housing) and the antenna band (which is supposed to hide/blend the antenna band color with the housing). I'm a person who likes to change phone cases regularly and most of my cases are clear cases. Does it affect the color of my phone?? And sometimes i use my phone naked for a short period of time (like 30 minutes). I have compared my phone and my friend's phone. Mine was lighter than her's (she bought it a month before mine). I need answers please

Attachments

• IMG_2220.JPG
    IMG_2220.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2221.JPG
    IMG_2221.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2221.JPG
    IMG_2221.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, Rizaldhy! Glad to have you aboard!

Seems highly unlikely that your phone would be "fading". Even with the matte black the antenna bands are still going to be visible. Does your friend have the matte black as well? If you're really concerned, I'd certainly recommend taking your Plus into an Apple Store to have them give it a once over.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Definitely take it to a Apple store to have it checked out if you have the one in a gajillion that is prone to fade I am sure they will address it .

Rizaldhy Quntasyah

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, Rizaldhy! Glad to have you aboard!

Seems highly unlikely that your phone would be "fading". Even with the matte black the antenna bands are still going to be visible. Does your friend have the matte black as well? If you're really concerned, I'd certainly recommend taking your Plus into an Apple Store to have them give it a once over.

Yeah she does has the matte black

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2