iPhone 6S+ to iPhone 7+ is it worth it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To some people it is and to others it is not. Whether it is for you depends on you. Is your current device sufficient for your needs and is running the current iOS version? If so, then an argument can be made that upgrading from the iPhgone 6S Plus to an iPhone 7 Plus is not "worth it".

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Depends, for my wife she would say no, for me yes, i like the new home button, water resistant, camera, 3gb ram, plus i got JB 256GB.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I would say no but, like others have said, it depends on your needs/situation. The dual camera is a nice feature on the 7 Plus but not something worth hundreds of dollars. If you are out of storage on your phone and can't get rid of anything, then I can see where an upgrade would be needed. I suppose if you frequently use your phone outdoors in all conditions, such as in the rain, the water resistance might be worth it, but even then you likely are better off with a water proof case. The rest of the items, while nice, don't seem like they are worth the money, but instead you'd be better off waiting another 6 months for an iPhone 8 (or X, whatever they call it) or a 7s Plus.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
As Just_Me_D said :)

To some people it is and to others it is not

I'm part of the 'not worth it group'. It's definitely faster and the 7 Plus definitely has some awesome additional camera features but thats kinda where it stops. They both have force touch and super fast finger print reader. I always say, wait 2 years and then upgrade. The performance jump this way will be bigger and more worth it.

But then again, some like to have the latest and greatest and that's perfectly fine. the 256GB storage option is really nice but unless you actually use it. The 128GB on the iPhone 6s is also great. :)

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'd agree with the "not worth it" if you have the S+.

I personally was travelling and had an issue with my own S + and at the apple store a 7 was available (launch day) and I took the option to grab the latest.

I switch from time to time, but it seems I've set my mind on having the S+ as my daily

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My 6S Plus is fine but the dual cameras setup made it worthwhile for me. Of course not all users will value the camera setup as I do.

Add I did get the 7 Plus splashed in a way that did in an earlier phone so I'll call that an advantage too.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I both had the 6 s Plus and our son had the 6. Neither of us were looking to upgrade to the 7 (plus) but our son was due for an upgrade ad his 6 starting having problems. So we upgraded his phone to the 7 Plus and then had it activated on my line and our son got my 6s plus. He went from a 6 with 16 gigs storage to a 6 s plus with 64 gigs storage. He's more than happy.

Other than storage and camera, I really don't see much difference between the two devices.

Would I have upgraded if the 6 didn't start having problems? Nope.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR