New to Apple which is better google play Apple Music

OptiPrime

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I did the trial for Apple Music and it seemed more clumsy. I've used GPM for a few years, starting when I had an Android, and the main advantages over AM for me are free YoutTube Red and the being able to go to the desktop website on my work computer. I have unlimited data but that can be a huge plus for anyone who cannot access their employers wifi, doesn't have unlimited data, and can't install apps on your work computer.

Through iTunes, can you access Apple Music?

The only negative for me is that GPM on iPhone doesn't allow you to access your Podcasts, i guess Apple wants you to use iTunes for that

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
If you're open to it, Spotify is better than all the others, IMO. I have used Google Play Music, Spotify and Apple Music for decent lengths of time. The Spotify app is so far ahead of the rest in terms of capabilities and organization (pre-made playlists are leagues ahead on Spotify). However, I am using Apple Music right now strictly due to the family pricing and the rest of my family liking Apple Music. If it was only me, I would 100% be using Spotify.

lyingfromyou

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
Google Play Music all day! Free YouTube Red is a huge plus like everyone else said. I also don't want to leave my 675 song playlist behind....

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm in a free trial right now for Apple Music, due to my recent purchase of a pair of Beats X. It's fine, but honestly, once it's over, I will continue with my use of Amazon Music. Just another benefit of a Prime membership.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm in my free trial of Apple Music, but I am liking it so far! Of course with google play u get youtube ad free! And whenever u cancel your subscription and go back to it later, even months later, all your songs and playlists are still there! I'm not sure if Apple music does the same!

I left Apple Music and came back and all my playlists were still there.

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your help. I do like Google play music I only pay 10 bucks a month just wish I could use it with my Apple watch

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I haven't used Google or Apple Music. When I had my Samsung watch to my note 5 I could have my own CD's music on the watch. I haven't played with putting my own music on the Apple Watch. I guess am just lazy. LOL. I do want my own ringtones and someone was nice to put a link on doing it. I have Napster which used to be known as Rhapsody and I pay 9.99 for it monthly. I like Napster and I still will listen to my CD's in my car. LOl. But I mainly use Napster. I haven't tried to see if it works on the watch either yet. With my Apple Watch only working with the phone nearby I listen to my music mainly from my phone. On the Samsung when I had the Note, I could take outings with just the watch and listen from it. But the Apple Watch is not a standalone so don't have that option...at least with the series 1.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your help. I do like Google play music I only pay 10 bucks a month just wish I could use it with my Apple watch

Apple Music is also $10/month and works great with Apple Watch. :)

Seriously, I don't think one is better or worse than another. I had Google Play Music for years while on Android and now that I'm on iOS I'm using Apple Music. I have noticed that depending on the station you listen to or create, one service may have songs the other one doesn't. I also listen to Pandora (free) and can create specific stations on Pandora that I can't create on Apple Music.

Bottom line is, what works for me may not work for you. Try them all and decide for yourself.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I use Apple Music because everyone in my fam has at least one Apple device. I do, however, find AM to be clunky to use and surprisingly unintuitive given Apple is known for simplicity of use. Anyway, it's good enough. I don't love it. I kind of just deal with it.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I used google play on android and just started using Apple Music on my new 7+ since my wife was paying monthly so figured we'd setup a family plan. While I think they're pretty much identical, there are some albums I discovered that exist on Apple Music but not google play, so apple get the slight edge.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I use Groove, but I came from Windows phone, so it is partly just because I am used to it. I also have all my music on Onedrive, and my wife can play it all on her phone by linking her Groove app to my Onedrive account.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Apple Music currently, and debating whether or not keep it after my three free months are up. I like being able to just download any song whenever I want though. I might keep it specifically for that. Not to mention it has a Shazam tie in, so you can Shazam a song then go download it. I never really used Google Play Music, I only went to it a few times for some free music so I can't really compare the two. As annoying as the UI is, I still like being able to go back and listen to shows I want.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I an Amazon Prime member. But I don't pay for the unlimited music. If I were to guess. Whether it be Google Play, or Apple Music, or any streaming music subscription. If you bail, and go elsewhere. Unless you bought the songs, your playlists you create will no longer exist.
Like Amazon, they will probably be grayed out unless you re-subscribe.
Other than that, they all have their pros and cons.

TheRandomDealio

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
We use Apple Music. Between my 17 year old son and I...I think we've tried them all. We both have a rather eclectic taste in music and have found more that we know and love as well as new stuff to try on Apple Music. Family Sharing is a huge thing for us. We are not huge users of YouTube. But ads have never been a huge issue for us. We just ignore them.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Apple Music isn't great, but it's so much better than Play Music. I absolutely loathe Play Music. I use Android currently, but I'm still using Apple Music.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal