Hate the thing!

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
If you don't mind me asking: please tell me: how do you carry an iphone 7 plus around..? Do you normally carry a bag and have it in your bag? Do inside your jacket? I just don't believe that people actually put this phone inside their jeans and walk around with that....huge rectangle shape on their jeans where the pocket is? I mean this as nicely and as genuinely as possible I just really want to know.
I carry it in my jeans just fine but I don't wear skinny jeans either. I'm a sort of big guy so relaxed fit jeans is what I wear. The pockets are big enough to hold the phone in my front left pocket with my wallet in my front right pocket along with my keys.

As far as cases are concerned, I use a Speck case; specifically the Presidio Grip.

If you don't like the 7 Plus there's always the smaller iPhone 7 which I know a lot of people love. There's just some of us that love our big phones, I'm one of them people.

Last edited by a moderator:

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks guys! Regarding the SE, I wouldn't want to 'upgrade' to something that looks exactly like the phone I've had for the past 3 years if that makes sense. That's why I think I'll end up with the 6s (the regular sized one) as it's still bigger than the 5s which is what I wanted but at the same time not as huge as the 7 plus.

If you don't mind me asking: please tell me: how do you carry an iphone 7 plus around..? Do you normally carry a bag and have it in your bag? Do inside your jacket? I just don't believe that people actually put this phone inside their jeans and walk around with that....huge rectangle shape on their jeans where the pocket is? I mean this as nicely and as genuinely as possible I just really want to know.
Actually, the white front makes the phone look even bigger than the black! I've had both and the dark color of the black masks the size believe it or not. The white is very flashy and brings attention to the bezels while the black bezels blend in with the screen since the screen is black when it is off.

As far as the size you just end up adjusting to it like anyone does. There only used to be a 4" iPhone that people used and look at all the people who now use the plus model. They used a 4" screen too at one point. At first it is very large, I went back to a 5" Android phone and now I can see myself ever going back to the plus model. But I did use a plus for a year! So I made the adjustments I had to. The large screen is really nice to use, but I find myself more comfortable with a smaller screen. If Apple can cut down the bezels and make the phone slightly smaller I'd consider the plus again, but now at the size it is at now. Then again the 4.7" screen is too small for me, so 5.0 seems to be the happy medium for me in my android device

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys! Regarding the SE, I wouldn't want to 'upgrade' to something that looks exactly like the phone I've had for the past 3 years if that makes sense. That's why I think I'll end up with the 6s (the regular sized one) as it's still bigger than the 5s which is what I wanted but at the same time not as huge as the 7 plus.

It fits pockets in my jeans, my dress pants, my sleep pants, and all my other pants with no issues.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It's just a matter of personal preference, and that's why it's great that Apple gives us a 2-week window! I always thought that I would never want a plus. I'm short, and have very small hands, and thought a plus would be too clumsy for me to use happily. However, after messing around with my husband's 6 plus, I will probably get a plus next time around.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I have small hands and small fingers and I can hold my iPhone 7 Plus just fine. Sure, I can't use it one-handed, but that's not a big deal for me. And is your phone made of soap? I don't understand how anyone can say a phone is slippery. I have a matte black 7 Plus and it's not slippery at all.

Chuck_loads

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I love the 7plus size use a pelican case makes it thick but sturdy fits in my normal jeans fine but workout shorts a little big at time but I knew that getting it. Hard to type one handed but I use Siri most of the time if that's the case.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, get what you like for sure. I got the smaller 4.7" and like it a lot. I knew the 7+ was to big so never even considered it. One size does not fit all. I never had a 5 but my brother and his wife both have 5's since release day, gone thru a battery replacement on both and will use it till the wheels fall off I'm thinking. Must be a sweet device. :)

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Firstly, Welcome to iMore Anon147852369! :)

Thank you for your very details and specific feedback. Sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with your iPhone.

I don't know what I was thinking going with the black variant..it's SO ugly, looks like an absolutely old brick of a "phone" from 2005

I personally really love the Matte Black colour. Looks really cool.

I can't do anything on the phone with just one hand and let me tell you - I haven't got small hands at all!

This is the case with pretty much every new flagship smartphone released in 2017. Most of them are 5.5" inches or bigger. We sen have 6.1" Galaxy devices this year! Unless you pick up the Google {pixel at 5.0" inches. it will be hard t find a sub 5" inch flagship device.

Hope all goes well with your iPhone 5s replacement :)

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,
Not sure why I'm even writing this or what I expect etc but about to go return my iphone 7 plus tomorrow as my cooling off period is coming to an end.

I have owned a LOT of mobile phones before but never have I hated a device this much. I've had it for almost 2 weeks and there's literally nothing I like about it at all. I upgraded from the iPhone 5s and already put my SIM back into my 5s and never been so grateful to have it :D

I got the iPhone 7 plus matte black, which - in hindsight, I don't know what I was thinking going with the black variant..it's SO ugly, looks like an absolutely old brick of a "phone" from 2005 or something...like one of them things that when you get a parcel delivered the delivery guy whips out a device this massive and black and asks you to "sign here" with one of them stylus pens or whatever they're called.

I can't have the phone without a case as it's so huge and slippery but then most cases only add to the already huge size of the phone..somehow I feel like fingerprints are visible all over the phone including on the screen more than on any of my smartphones ever before..the thing feels super heavy and like it's going shatter into pieces if I were to drop it even on my wooden floor at home.

I can't do anything on the phone with just one hand and let me tell you - I haven't got small hands at all! Can't imagine how short people get this phone and go about their daily life carrying it around. Speaking of carrying it around - like, how do I even carry it around? Do I have to start carrying a purse now or something? Sometimes it's chilly outside where I live meaning I can wear a jacket and can fit this brick into the jacket but most of the time, I don't wear a jacket...and..have nowhere to put this phone other than carry it in my hand?? Which, doesn't seem smart given the price of the phone and stuff...

I am so desperate wanting to like it but I just can't...maybe if I get the white version (gold/rose gold/silver) it might be ok? I feel like this phone is too big to just be one color..maybe the white frame would make it look not-as-big? Maybe I should've just got the 7? But then I may as well just get the 6s because really, what difference even is there between the regular size 6s and the regular size 7?

If anyone can let me know how they deal with the above that would be much appreciated! And sorry if I sound angry I am just desperate..love all my apple products and maybe that's why I am shocked and disappointed at how much I dislike this..."phone".
I have a love hate relationship with my iPhone!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
It is personal choice as you have been told. I happen to like large screen devices. I am a former Samsung/Android user. I am used to a larger screen real estate and anything smaller would not set with me.
I am a woman with small hands and I have no problems handling this great phone. I wouldn't want the black. It is a finger print magnet.
i do use cases on my phone as well .
it is a highly rated phone and the has great reviews as well. You have to be happy with what you are using. I will tell you though reverting backwards, you won't be happy. If you like a smaller phone, then get the 7. It is not a bad phone.
The 7plus isn't a bad phone. It just doesn't meet your needs

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
You all have been very nice to this person who clearly just created an account to come here, troll everybody, and leave. Everyone's great recommendations and positive behavior says good things about this community.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
You all have been very nice to this person who clearly just created an account to come here, troll everybody, and leave. Everyone's great recommendations and positive behavior says good things about this community.
I don't think that he was here to troll anybody. He was clearly frustrated with his experience and was venting. His later responses have been nothing but positive and thankful. But yes, our community is pretty great. :)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I agree and my first reaction was to not be very nice, but then I remember that other people might actually benefit from productive comments.

This really is a good community. Most people here genuinely want to help and are not rude when someone has a different opinion than theirs.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Bezels are too big. The phone can have a much smaller profile (just see the now defunct Note7 as that was a fantastic size).

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
You all have been very nice to this person who clearly just created an account to come here, troll everybody, and leave.

I forgot that anyone who spoke against the iPhone and apple are trolls here! I never saw that type of defamation on CrackBerry.

Last edited:

jlczl

Jan 21, 2004
Visit site
I forgot that anyone who spoke against the iPhone and apple are trolls here! I never saw that type of defamation on CrackBerry or Android Central.

I am very much an Android fan as well as an iOS fan. I carry a Samsung Galaxy S7 Active as well as an iPhone 7+. The reason I felt he or she may be a troll was because the account had just been created and the post was full of anger and negativity without much, if any, of a positive vibe. Additionally, he or she was rather dismissive of any solutions or remedies that other members offered to the issues brought up. At any rate, the point of my post was that the community was very nice to the OP regardless of that, and that's a good thing. I spend quite a bit of time on AC as well and, with all due respect, if you've never seen any of this so called "defamation" over there you simply are not in tune to it. It happens on all sites where fanbois reside........which is every site to at least some degree.

Last edited:

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I am very much an Android fan as well as an iOS fan. I carry a Samsung Galaxy S7 Active as well as an iPhone 7+. The reason I felt he or she may be a troll was because the account had just been created and the post was full of anger and negativity without much, if any, of a positive vibe. The point was that the community was very nice to the OP though. I spend quite a bit of time on AC as well and if you never saw any of the so called "defamation" over there you simply were not looking for it. It happens on all sites where fanbois reside........which is every site to at least some degree.

My apologies, I meant Android Forums and not Android Central. I left Android Central due to their political and current events section being moderated unfairly. Like you I use both devices, and I will honestly point out the shortcomings of both fairly. However I know several iOS fans who can't take their OS being criticized, even when it is deserved. Hell, I was engaged to one of them! By the way the S7 Active is the best of the S7 line, and I say that as someone who's never used one but has a company issued S7 edge. I can't wait for the S8 Active as my Nexus 6 is getting old. Some people just don't like iOS, but that doesn't make them a troll, just like some people just don't like Android or Windows Phone. I agree that there's fanbois everywhere, but they should at least be open to criticism, especially if and when it's warranted. With that said, I think that the iPhone 7 Plus is the best iPhone I've used, whereas the iPhone 6S was the worse. My complaints with apple are numerous, but I'm open to criticism towards both Android and iOS.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I forgot that anyone who spoke against the iPhone and apple are trolls here! I never saw that type of defamation on CrackBerry.

That's untrue, and you know it. Out of all the comments in this thread, you chose to focus on one and then conclude that "anyone who spoke against the iPhone and apple are trolls here!"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh