04-20-2017 06:32 AM
- Yeah, get what you like for sure. I got the smaller 4.7" and like it a lot. I knew the 7+ was to big so never even considered it. One size does not fit all. I never had a 5 but my brother and his wife both have 5's since release day, gone thru a battery replacement on both and will use it till the wheels fall off I'm thinking. Must be a sweet device.02-27-2017 01:36 PM
- Firstly, Welcome to iMore Anon147852369!
Thank you for your very details and specific feedback. Sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with your iPhone.
Hope all goes well with your iPhone 5s replacement02-27-2017 01:58 PM
- Hi guys,
Not sure why I'm even writing this or what I expect etc but about to go return my iphone 7 plus tomorrow as my cooling off period is coming to an end.
I have owned a LOT of mobile phones before but never have I hated a device this much. I've had it for almost 2 weeks and there's literally nothing I like about it at all. I upgraded from the iPhone 5s and already put my SIM back into my 5s and never been so grateful to have it
I got the iPhone 7 plus matte black, which - in hindsight, I don't know what I was thinking going with the black variant..it's SO ugly, looks like an absolutely old brick of a "phone" from 2005 or something...like one of them things that when you get a parcel delivered the delivery guy whips out a device this massive and black and asks you to "sign here" with one of them stylus pens or whatever they're called.
I can't have the phone without a case as it's so huge and slippery but then most cases only add to the already huge size of the phone..somehow I feel like fingerprints are visible all over the phone including on the screen more than on any of my smartphones ever before..the thing feels super heavy and like it's going shatter into pieces if I were to drop it even on my wooden floor at home.
I can't do anything on the phone with just one hand and let me tell you - I haven't got small hands at all! Can't imagine how short people get this phone and go about their daily life carrying it around. Speaking of carrying it around - like, how do I even carry it around? Do I have to start carrying a purse now or something? Sometimes it's chilly outside where I live meaning I can wear a jacket and can fit this brick into the jacket but most of the time, I don't wear a jacket...and..have nowhere to put this phone other than carry it in my hand?? Which, doesn't seem smart given the price of the phone and stuff...
I am so desperate wanting to like it but I just can't...maybe if I get the white version (gold/rose gold/silver) it might be ok? I feel like this phone is too big to just be one color..maybe the white frame would make it look not-as-big? Maybe I should've just got the 7? But then I may as well just get the 6s because really, what difference even is there between the regular size 6s and the regular size 7?
If anyone can let me know how they deal with the above that would be much appreciated! And sorry if I sound angry I am just desperate..love all my apple products and maybe that's why I am shocked and disappointed at how much I dislike this..."phone".02-27-2017 07:15 PM
- It is personal choice as you have been told. I happen to like large screen devices. I am a former Samsung/Android user. I am used to a larger screen real estate and anything smaller would not set with me.
I am a woman with small hands and I have no problems handling this great phone. I wouldn't want the black. It is a finger print magnet.
i do use cases on my phone as well .
it is a highly rated phone and the has great reviews as well. You have to be happy with what you are using. I will tell you though reverting backwards, you won't be happy. If you like a smaller phone, then get the 7. It is not a bad phone.
The 7plus isn't a bad phone. It just doesn't meet your needs02-28-2017 01:21 AM
- 02-28-2017 06:31 AMLike 3
This really is a good community. Most people here genuinely want to help and are not rude when someone has a different opinion than theirs.02-28-2017 06:36 AM
- 02-28-2017 10:53 AM
Last edited by ItnStln511; 02-28-2017 at 11:15 AM.02-28-2017 10:55 AM
Last edited by jlczl; 02-28-2017 at 11:23 AM.02-28-2017 11:09 AM
- I am very much an Android fan as well as an iOS fan. I carry a Samsung Galaxy S7 Active as well as an iPhone 7+. The reason I felt he or she may be a troll was because the account had just been created and the post was full of anger and negativity without much, if any, of a positive vibe. The point was that the community was very nice to the OP though. I spend quite a bit of time on AC as well and if you never saw any of the so called "defamation" over there you simply were not looking for it. It happens on all sites where fanbois reside........which is every site to at least some degree.02-28-2017 11:53 AM
- 02-28-2017 03:49 PM
- 02-28-2017 04:39 PM
- Thanks guys! Regarding the SE, I wouldn't want to 'upgrade' to something that looks exactly like the phone I've had for the past 3 years if that makes sense. That's why I think I'll end up with the 6s (the regular sized one) as it's still bigger than the 5s which is what I wanted but at the same time not as huge as the 7 plus.
If you don't mind me asking: please tell me: how do you carry an iphone 7 plus around..? Do you normally carry a bag and have it in your bag? Do inside your jacket? I just don't believe that people actually put this phone inside their jeans and walk around with that....huge rectangle shape on their jeans where the pocket is? I mean this as nicely and as genuinely as possible I just really want to know.03-05-2017 08:11 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-26-2017, 04:01 PM
- By DonGolden in forum iOS 10Replies: 1Last Post: 02-26-2017, 09:43 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-26-2017, 09:39 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-26-2017, 08:57 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-26-2017, 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD