Coming back.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm trying to stick with Apple as well. I've managed to stick with the 7 Plus since October, I just picked up an Apple Watch and the AirPods and when my laptop finally craps out I will more than likely replace it with a MacBook.

I love tech so it's hard to resist the new android phones but I just don't want to deal with switching anymore. One new phone per year is more ham enough and I depending on what Apple does in September, I may stick with the 7 Plus beyond that.

We sound a lot alike in that regard. I was to the point of upgrading 2-3 times per year. The Android phones always look so nice both physically and on paper, but I end up hating them after a month or two because of the OS and fragmentation/lack of support. I've also had my 7+ since October and I am just as happy with it now as I was on day 1. I have NEVER been able to say that about another phone. I won't deny it, it will be hard for me to stay away from the Galaxy S8, but I just need to remember how disappointed they have never failed to make me, lol.

(At what point is there considered to be a problem? I suppose admitting it would be the first step...)

I also want to get a MacBook, but my good 'ol Toshiba is running like a champ, so I can't get myself to drop that kind of cash on one. They are some 'spendy machines!

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I tried out the Google pixel for a week and am coming back home to a matte black 7 plus. I switch all the time. I need to realize I'm just an Apple fanboy for life. ????????????????????????

Thats great to hear manni1to! :D Nothing wrong with being an Apple 'fanboy'. haha. The iPhone 7 Plus especially in Matte black is one of my personal favourites. I tried Samsung for a couple days, started to develop some rashes so i had to leave lol.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
We sound a lot alike in that regard. I was to the point of upgrading 2-3 times per year. The Android phones always look so nice both physically and on paper, but I end up hating them after a month or two because of the OS and fragmentation/lack of support. I've also had my 7+ since October and I am just as happy with it now as I was on day 1. I have NEVER been able to say that about another phone. I won't deny it, it will be hard for me to stay away from the Galaxy S8, but I just need to remember how disappointed they have never failed to make me, lol.

(At what point is there considered to be a problem? I suppose admitting it would be the first step...)

I also want to get a MacBook, but my good 'ol Toshiba is running like a champ, so I can't get myself to drop that kind of cash on one. They are some 'spendy machines!

Yes. Very similar here only I never hated my android phones. In fact, the Note series will continue to be my biggest draw back to android. If the Note 7 had not had it's issue, I'd still be using it. It's the best phone I've ever used. I actually utilize the S-Pen though.

That being said, I am very happy with my 7-Plus and the fact that all of my family and most of my friends and clients use iPhones makes it a good choice for me as well.

I struggle with the price of a MacBook too, but I have seen how well they run after years of use and I look at my windows laptops after a couple years and it's not even close.

I will see how it goes this year and what direction Apple goes before I buy another piece of tech, but I'm finding myself slipping down the rabbit hole that is Apple a little more than I ever thought I would.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Very similar here only I never hated my android phones. In fact, the Note series will continue to be my biggest draw back to android. If the Note 7 had not had it's issue, I'd still be using it. It's the best phone I've ever used. I actually utilize the S-Pen though.

That being said, I am very happy with my 7-Plus and the fact that all of my family and most of my friends and clients use iPhones makes it a good choice for me as well.

I struggle with the price of a MacBook too, but I have seen how well they run after years of use and I look at my windows laptops after a couple years and it's not even close.

I will see how it goes this year and what direction Apple goes before I buy another piece of tech, but I'm finding myself slipping down the rabbit hole that is Apple a little more than I ever thought I would.

Every time I try to switch back to Android I find that I miss too much of the simplicity of Apple and how everything works so well together. I like your analogy, because I find myself slipping down that same rabbit hole. I found that most of my issues with my iPhone have been the size. It just doesn't work for me. So now I'm going with the 7 and keeping my fingers crossed that there is an 8 with a bigger screen and smaller form factor.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Every time I try to switch back to Android I find that I miss too much of the simplicity of Apple and how everything works so well together. I like your analogy, because I find myself slipping down that same rabbit hole. I found that most of my issues with my iPhone have been the size. It just doesn't work for me. So now I'm going with the 7 and keeping my fingers crossed that there is an 8 with a bigger screen and smaller form factor.

Same here tried the 7+ just too big and bulky for me. So went back to a I7 jet black and am hoping for 5 inch iPhone 8 this fall.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I would go back to iOS in a heartbeat...If...

1. The notifications were managed better.
2. If they come out with a screen size between the 4.7" and 5.5".

The plus is just too big and the 4.7 is just way too small for today's day in age

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I would go back to iOS in a heartbeat...If...

1. The notifications were managed better.
2. If they come out with a screen size between the 4.7" and 5.5".

The plus is just too big and the 4.7 is just way too small for today's day in age

I completely understand what you're saying. 4.7" isn't ideal for me, but neither is the 5.5" with large bezels. I just can't use it one handed very well and it drives me nuts. I also do not like notifications compared to Android. I think they're severely lacking and I have my fingers crossed that iOS 11 will rectify this. They're a jumbled mess now.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I completely understand what you're saying. 4.7" isn't ideal for me, but neither is the 5.5" with large bezels. I just can't use it one handed very well and it drives me nuts. I also do not like notifications compared to Android. I think they're severely lacking and I have my fingers crossed that iOS 11 will rectify this. They're a jumbled mess now.
Agree with everything you say, which is why I'm on the pixel. It's the closest to android to an iPhone. The notifications work seamlessly and the ambient display is awesome for notifications.

It's funny BC I had a 6s plus for almost a year and got used to the size, but now I can't see myself going back to the plus size having used the 5" pixel...It's the perfect size.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I agree that Android handles notifications better than iOS.
Don't understand why Apple can't implement a better notification system. It doesn't even compare to android notifications. It's so weird, when I use an iPhone I never even pull down the status bar..I just don't use it. I will just open an app on my home screen since there is a badge app icon. On Android devices it's like automatic that I pull down the status bar at least 5,000 times a day. It says a lot about each OS

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't understand why Apple can't implement a better notification system. It doesn't even compare to android notifications. It's so weird, when I use an iPhone I never even pull down the status bar..I just don't use it. I will just open an app on my home screen since there is a badge app icon. On Android devices it's like automatic that I pull down the status bar at least 5,000 times a day. It says a lot about each OS

Exactly! Plus I like how Android groups the notifications in the status bar by type whereas iOS seems to do it in chronological order. And don't even get me started on widgets as Android is far superior in regards to widgets.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Exactly! Plus I like how Android groups the notifications in the status bar by type whereas iOS seems to do it in chronological order. And don't even get me started on widgets as Android is far superior in regards to widgets.
Yup, it makes me want to stick with android. I would only move back to the iPhone because of iMessage with my family and I don't think Apple has done enough for me to make that switch. I want a 5.0-5.2" screen that is OLED...Not the crappy ips LED screen the iPhone has had foreverrrr. That and better notifications. Oh and a smartwatch that looks like a watch, not a square toy. I have a gear s2 classic and you can't even tell it's a smartwatch.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Yup, it makes me want to stick with android. I would only move back to the iPhone because of iMessage with my family and I don't think Apple has done enough for me to make that switch. I want a 5.0-5.2" screen that is OLED...Not the crappy ips LED screen the iPhone has had foreverrrr. That and better notifications. Oh and a smartwatch that looks like a watch, not a square toy. I have a gear s2 classic and you can't even tell it's a smartwatch.

Yeah iMessage is great, and Android can come up with something superior I'm sure, but won't. There's Google Hangouts which I feel beats iMessage because of the ability to use it in a computer web browser, and it's not OS specific. If Google built on that, it'd be better than anything apple has. I agree that the apple watch looks like "square toy" as you put it, and I'm already on my second replacement of my second apple watch, thanks to a thief of a co-worker and a bad heart rate monitor. Again I don't hate apple and iOS, but I feel they could improve their products.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Switching iPhones is a tedious enough task, not to mention Apple to Android and back and forth. I often get tempted by Androids too; then I think of all the reasons I left.. biggest one was I was always "messing with it" rooting it, etc and never using it as intended to be and enjoyed lol.

I'm way beyond "messing" with a cell phone all the time. I just want a phone that "works".

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm way beyond "messing" with a cell phone all the time. I just want a phone that "works".

Yeah I'm coming to my senses. Have come to depend on reliable phone too much to play around anymore. Use phone for work 24/7 nearly

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to try and hold out for the iPhone 8 but with the Galaxy S8 right around the corner it's going to be tough. :confused:

I understand and I would normally be in the same boat, but I'm not feeling the S8 right now. The Note is what is going to be hard for me. I've had everyone one of them and liked them all. I'm definitely waiting to see all of the iPhone, iPad and MacBook releases this year before doing anything.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox