Does iPhone generally have low quality bluetooth pairing ability with other devices?

HBLEY

Banned
Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys, I am having this issue with my iPhone 7 plus, bluetooth pairing is not working. I have been using iPhone since 2012. I had iPhone 5, then bought 6s and now 7 plus. The thing that I have noticed in Apple iPhones is that the blue tooth operations are not that very good. I have recently bought Casio-EQB500 Bluetooth smartlink watch and I am having pairing issues. My iPhone is updated and has latest OS built. Yes its compatible with the watch.

Before this issue, I was having blue-tooth connectivity issues on other devices as well, like my car sound system, Sony LED Tv, Marshall's speakers and now this watch.

Tell me what to do?

lyingfromyou

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
I'm having issues keeping my Bluetooth connected in my car... It has been working great for the last month or so & now it refuses to connect.

JustMcKay

Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
I have no clue. Mine paired with my car without issues. Same for a cheap Bluedio Bluetooth headset. Connection is steady, strong and successful every time.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
No, if anything of the 25 or so different phones I've owned in the last 2-3 years, iPhone has been the most consistent.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have connected my iPhone 7 to several Bluetooth devices, like BT headphones, BT speakers, Car Stereos and such and have not had any issues thus far.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like the others, I've connected my iPhones to numerous Bluetooth devices over the years and I don't recall ever having connection problems. Having said that, have you tried resetting your network settings?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I have problems with BT in my car, but it's the car that's at fault, not my iPhone. I do not have any problems connecting my iPhone 7+ to any BT audio source I have tried.

The only BT other devices I've tried are smart watches, currently an Apple Watch, and before that a Pebble. The Apple Watch, no problems. I did have problems with the Pebble, but again, that was almost certainly due to problems with the Pebble, not the iPhone.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've connected to many BT headphones and never had a problem. I don't have any issues with the Apple Watch or AirPods that I'm currently using. My car doesn't have Bluetooth but my wife's does and she connects with her iPhone 6 Plus everyday without issue.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had trouble connecting when I first got my 6s Plus. I just kept working with it until it finally paired. No problems since then. That was late September 2015.

HBLEY

Banned
Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Like the others, I've connected my iPhones to numerous Bluetooth devices over the years and I don't recall ever having connection problems. Having said that, have you tried resetting your network settings?

Network settings? What it has to do with BT pairing? No I haven't tried that, but yes I have done resets a lot. Still I have BT pairing issues.

HBLEY

Banned
Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm having issues keeping my Bluetooth connected in my car... It has been working great for the last month or so & now it refuses to connect.

This issue is related to the BT device you're trying to connect your iPhone with. Reset that device's BT history. Then pair it again. It'd work!

My issue is however, very different. It takes enormous amount of time to get paired and when I have connection. After a minute or so it disconnects.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I am also having issues connecting with Bluetooth lately. I think it might have started with iOS 10. Randomly my iPhone will say it's connected, but it either won't activate the device, or will act as if it's not connected at all. Also, when I connect any type of music device to my iPhone, it will randomly reset my playlist on the music app. 9 times out of 10 this will occur and has only started doing it recently. I am forced to listen to my music on another app due to frustration.

HBLEY

Banned
Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Yup! Got it checked this weekend and yes my phone's BT was malfunctioning. Got it replaced now :D

Finally I can now connect my phone to any BT device.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
The thing that I have noticed in Apple iPhones is that the blue tooth operations are not that very good.

Agreed, my Samsung did much better with Bluetooth.
And I hate that when my iPhone is connected to my car or any of my headsets I get no notification tones. My Samsung never did this.