HELLLP tempered glass installation

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok so my wallet case / no screen protector was a dud, my screen is now scratched.
I ordered a new case from Amazon (don't ask me the brand I'm typing this blitzed off my socks) and it comes with a tempered glass screen protector.

1. I'm a klutz.
2. I don't know what I'm doing.

Can someone school me on installing a tempered glass protector ?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
The hinge method has become quite popular. It's fairly simply, the key is to keep everything clean.

1. Have scotch tape
2. Thoroughly clean your screen
3. Lay the screen protector on the screen (with all tabs still attached)
4. Tape the screen protector to the side of the phone
5. "Unfold" the screen protector (flip over using the tape, keep the protector taped the phone)
6. Double check the screen is thoroughly clean
7. Peel off the back film of the screen protector
8. Flip the screen protector back over and apply it to the screen
9. Apply pressure from the inside out (a credit card helps) to remove the bulk of air pockets
10. If all is well, remove the front film of the screen protector and you're done (some air bubbles may stay for a day or so and work themselves out.
11. If there is dust under the screen protector, carefully peel the screen protector off the screen and use tape to pick up the dust, reapply and check again.

Hopefully this helps, there are also a ton of videos of YouTube that give you a visual aid.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Ok so my wallet case / no screen protector was a dud, my screen is now scratched.
I ordered a new case from Amazon (don't ask me the brand I'm typing this blitzed off my socks) and it comes with a tempered glass screen protector.

1. I'm a klutz.
2. I don't know what I'm doing.

Can someone school me on installing a tempered glass protector ?

Clean the screen with what's provided in the package (it really does the job), get a good lighting then, once the screen protector is unwrapped, I always put my phone facing me, flat on the desk (or table). I align the top of it and get it rest there. Then, carefully align the bottom, holding the screen protector with the tip of your index, as close as possible to the bottom, check the alignment again and let it go. It'll fall into place and properly adhere.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I did well with applying the armorsuit on my Apple Watch but I am basically all thumbs. I purchased the tempered glass protector for my phone at Verizon and they installed it for me. I am not good at those things. And got my corporate discount on it as well

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
For the money you pay for a device I always install a screen protector usually have Best Buy or Ghost Armour do it for me no worries .

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
One tip is to use one of these blowers right before laying the glass down to make sure there is no dust on the screen.
Been using these for years. It's like having a can of compressed air that never runs out.

giottos.jpg

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The hinge method has become quite popular. It's fairly simply, the key is to keep everything clean.

1. Have scotch tape
2. Thoroughly clean your screen
3. Lay the screen protector on the screen (with all tabs still attached)
4. Tape the screen protector to the side of the phone
5. "Unfold" the screen protector (flip over using the tape, keep the protector taped the phone)
6. Double check the screen is thoroughly clean
7. Peel off the back film of the screen protector
8. Flip the screen protector back over and apply it to the screen
9. Apply pressure from the inside out (a credit card helps) to remove the bulk of air pockets
10. If all is well, remove the front film of the screen protector and you're done (some air bubbles may stay for a day or so and work themselves out.
11. If there is dust under the screen protector, carefully peel the screen protector off the screen and use tape to pick up the dust, reapply and check again.

Hopefully this helps, there are also a ton of videos of YouTube that give you a visual aid.

Ah yes... the hinge method

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I actually found the tempered glass much easier to handle than the plasticky film I used to use. It went on perfectly the first time.

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I did well with applying the armorsuit on my Apple Watch but I am basically all thumbs. I purchased the tempered glass protector for my phone at Verizon and they installed it for me. I am not good at those things. And got my corporate discount on it as well

How well did the ArmorSuit stay on the Apple Watch? Was it the one that folds around the bezels of the Watch? That's what I'm looking for.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2