Most of all no more chasing the battery demons. Jeez I was obsessed with figuring out what was destroying myth battery life on any one given day. Constantly optimizing my phone for best battery life and still having rogue apps eating battery here and there. Drove me insane. My ip7plus is a dam battery champion no matter what I install or not. I don't have to worry and ask myself if I should install this app or not fort fear of it possibly destroying my battery life.
    Yup, that's pretty accurate. However, if you're interested and want to dabble, there are two Android phones that won't send you falling down that battery rabbit hole again - the Pixel XL and the Moto Z Force (and Moto Z Play from what I've heard). Having owned the Pixel XL, Z Force and 7 Plus, I can attest that the battery life is actually better on those two Android models then it is on the 7 Plus. (Of course the caveat being for how I use my phones.) No more battery status apps, Greenify, etc. to find out what's draining the battery. Will NEVER use a branded Android phone from Sammy or LG again. Battery life is atrocious on those.
    02-17-2017 11:20 AM
    Yup, that's pretty accurate. However, if you're interested and want to dabble, there are two Android phones that won't send you falling down that battery rabbit hole again - the Pixel XL and the Moto Z Force (and Moto Z Play from what I've heard). Having owned the Pixel XL, Z Force and 7 Plus, I can attest that the battery life is actually better on those two Android models then it is on the 7 Plus. (Of course the caveat being for how I use my phones.) No more battery status apps, Greenify, etc. to find out what's draining the battery. Will NEVER use a branded Android phone from Sammy or LG again. Battery life is atrocious on those.
    I'm good over here for a while. I find it hard to believe that the pixel has better battery life than the ip7plus when used the same way and under there same circumstances. But if it does it does I guess.
    02-17-2017 12:28 PM
    I'm good over here for a while. I find it hard to believe that the pixel has better battery life than the ip7plus when used the same way and under there same circumstances. But if it does it does I guess.
    I hear you. Regardless, I think there's a lot to be said for having the hardware and software coming from the same company. It seems that batteries last quite a bit longer when the software on devices isn't tricked up with fancy bells, whistles and bloatware like Samsung and LG do. Just one man's opinion.
    Savoy likes this.
    02-17-2017 12:49 PM
    I hear you. Regardless, I think there's a lot to be said for having the hardware and software coming from the same company. It seems that batteries last quite a bit longer when the software on devices isn't tricked up with fancy bells, whistles and bloatware like Samsung and LG do. Just one man's opinion.
    I definitely agree with you. Having an optimized os with no nonsense on top of it makes a big difference for sure.
    02-17-2017 12:57 PM
    That's the thing. Getting into every little bits of customization, thousands of themes and typefonts, app specific LED notification colors (when available) becomes boring.

I tried that once and ended up putting my phone aside, like "Meh.. screw this. It's been 2 hours and my phone still isn't the way I want it".
    Exactly this^^. Same here, but after all the customization the bottom line is, I just want my phone to work and the iPhone gives me that.
    Savoy, cwbcpa, Retinella and 1 others like this.
    02-17-2017 01:46 PM
    Reading your post I can confidently say I am officially done with Samsung devices. For the s7 edge to have a monster 3600 mAh battery and not last nearly as long as my 2750mah pixel battery is down right ridiculous and inexcusable. All you see on the Samsung threads is how bad battery life is, why is Android OS using all my battery, so on and so on. I don't have that issue with my pixel. It's quite crazy how well the battery is optimized on the pixel being that it's an Android phone. Just goes to show you that Samsung software just can't be perfected in the battery Dept. I even sideload nougat on my s7e and the battery is even worse now.
    sangs and Dukins like this.
    02-17-2017 02:38 PM
    If you got bored with the pixel, how aren't you e even more bored with the iPhone? Just wondering...
    When the phone is well refined and thought out, no "wave-making" excess is desired as a "tool". It does not keep you busy in tinkering or patching here and there, i.e., no excitement and boring. It just works, and that's what I want from a tool. I do not want to be distracted by a phone. If/when I need excitement, I use tablet or turn on TV :-)
    Dukins likes this.
    02-17-2017 03:26 PM
    Eventually everything gets boring and what's best will prevail. See you in a months time
    02-17-2017 03:52 PM
    Reading your post I can confidently say I am officially done with Samsung devices. For the s7 edge to have a monster 3600 mAh battery and not last nearly as long as my 2750mah pixel battery is down right ridiculous and inexcusable. All you see on the Samsung threads is how bad battery life is, why is Android OS using all my battery, so on and so on. I don't have that issue with my pixel. It's quite crazy how well the battery is optimized on the pixel being that it's an Android phone. Just goes to show you that Samsung software just can't be perfected in the battery Dept. I even sideload nougat on my s7e and the battery is even worse now.
    The battery life on the S7 edge that I had lasted so much longer than the Pixel's battery when I had both at the same time.

YMMV, of course.
    02-17-2017 05:24 PM
    I really think it depends on what's installed on your device and how you use it of course. This is in my experience more prevalent on an Android device then iOS so far as I can tell so far.
    j3r3my1870 likes this.
    02-17-2017 08:27 PM
    I got the series 1 in rose gold 38mm and am loving it. I do have the Samsung and it is compatible...that was a big reason I made the switch because Samsung has allowed the watch to work with the iphone. I still wear it but am really enjoying the Apple Watch. I will still use my Samsung S2 tab but am really impressed with Apple. I have to use the ipad at work, been using on work level 5 years. But this is the first time I have brought the product into my personal use
    cwbcpa and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    02-17-2017 09:45 PM
    I do wish we could customize more but am getting used to it. I care about how my phone works and this just works. Maybe someday it will happen but I don't think it will. But the apps do run better on Apply than Android. I don't have any glitches or hiccups. And the battery....lasts all day long
    cwbcpa and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    02-17-2017 09:49 PM
    The iPhone 7 plus is great - but kind of boring. Going to try the Google pixel xl and Verizon's unlimited plan for Awhile !!
    I think it's actually a really good idea to play with both IOS and Android. This allows you to get a much better idea of how both OSs work and based on your experience you can choose the one you like best

Let us know how things go with your Google Pixel. That's arguably the best Android device out there right now.
    cwbcpa, sangs and DMP89145 like this.
    02-18-2017 04:17 AM
    Thanks. I'm really enjoying it so far. Definitely the most fluid Android device I have ever used. And the camera is top notch.
    02-18-2017 08:22 AM
    I don't want to change the subject here, just a question. I came down the same path as you from the Note 7. How do you like your Apple Watch? Which one did you get?
    The series 1. I got a great deal on ebay. New with accessories
    Like it a lot. Put amorsuit screen protector on it. 38mm. Fits my small wrist nicely
    cwbcpa likes this.
    02-19-2017 12:32 AM
    My boss has the pixel xl nice phone an smooth but just didn't do it for me. I like both platforms an to me it was boring had a s7 edge an se switched both weekly on a 7 plus now I traded both phones for an super happy with the trade. Love the speakers an ip rating like the Samsung plus battery life is way better with iOS an phone is way faster day to day use. Sticking with this one for a while.
    02-20-2017 09:43 AM
41 12