7 Plus battery question

Edyy

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
Hi. I have my 7 Plus for like 2 days, and i was wondering if i let the phone charging over the night until morning, can it affect the battery?

Jghuff

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the article share, I was a little worried about my also. I'm excited to try Zerolemon's battery case for the Plus when it comes out soon!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Regardless of my battery indicator, I always put my iPhone on the charger before bed and take it out after waking up.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Regardless of my battery indicator, I always put my iPhone on the charger before bed and take it lid after waking up.

I do that most of the time, especially if the weather calls for anything that might knock out the power. But anything below 60% for sure.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I use Belkin and it charges it quicker, have the car charger too if I need it. Battery lasts me all day and that is something I never had with Android

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Warm Welcome to iMore Edyy! :D

if i let the phone charging over the night until morning, can it affect the battery?

As Garz noted, Apple has smart software that won't let the charger, over charge your battery so everything should be fine. :) Smartphones and their software these days have become much better. If your phone is on however, there will be some trickle charge simply because it needs to keep everything running which requires power. So if the phone is off that would be best.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Apple is the only device I have used that when I have it turned off and then put it on the charger it turns on automatically. So to not have this happen because it drives me nuts. LOL. I turn it off after I put it on the charger. I don't know why this is because when I used Sammy it didn't do that. Oh well. But I love that I made the switch.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I've only had my 7 Plus for 2 days, but I had my 6 S Plus for over a year and I put it on charge every night when I go to bed regardless of amount of charge left and take it off charge the following morning when I go to work. Never had an issue.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I agree with all the above comments. I have had apple phones for almost 9 years and everyone of them were plugged into charger at night and taken off in the morning. I have never had to replace a battery yet. My daughters battery went bad on her Iphone 6 and Apple replaced it for $84.00. To phrase an old time company, " They take a licking, and keep on ticking."

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox