The Jet Black Dilemma

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
No case about 90% of the time & it still looks fab That oleophobic coating on the screen is my issue. The back is flawless.

73604788f4f5601d9e572c5ee2ba14a1.jpg

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I went matte black because I figured the jet black would be a fingerprint magnet and/or show micro-scratches over time. Besides, I'm running the black leather Apple case, as I like putting my phone down (the leather case protects both when face down and the camera lens when face up).

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I started with matte black and really liked it, but I didn't like how it had a lightish tint when the light touched it. Plus when I watched the keynote in September I fell in love with jet black. So I switched it for jet black and couldn't be happier. This thing looks like glass plus I installed a slickwrap naked skin on it to avoid scratches.
639f597c53165647470fe3d8ca33b04b.jpg

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
My 6s Plus I went like a week without screen protector and I had several light scratches in the oleophobic coating. Now never again will I go without one.

I hate them with the curved screens. I refuse to get one. I'm not freaking out or anything about the scratch, I just expected the screen to be just as good as my 6s Plus. Oh well🤷🏾*♀️

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I am considering this phone in the fall as my 5C is slowing down a little and I doubt ios11 will be available for it.

At Sasktel recently I saw a nice clear plastic thin case but with gold accents along the top and bottom. I think that will be my choice for a case.

I have read that the jet black 7 is slippery but this could be because of the rounded edges of the 7. I do appreciate the squared off edges on the 5C because I feel relatively safe using it nakey.

I will be reading all the iPhone 7 posts I can in the next few weeks, that I can to help me decide.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I am considering this phone in the fall as my 5C is slowing down a little and I doubt ios11 will be available for it.

At Sasktel recently I saw a nice clear plastic thin case but with gold accents along the top and bottom. I think that will be my choice for a case.

I have read that the jet black 7 is slippery but this could be because of the rounded edges of the 7. I do appreciate the squared off edges on the 5C because I feel relatively safe using it nakey.

I will be reading all the iPhone 7 posts I can in the next few weeks, that I can to help me decide.

Actually, I've found the Jet Black to be the least slippery of all the colors. It's pretty grippy

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
If they bring out the new phone I'm white, that'll be my next phone. I love my jet black but I still prefer the white face iPhones...

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I don't have any visible scratches on mine & it's naked more often than not. Took this pic a few days ago.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170312/df84433a198ae68248f847bec13a0777.jpg

Very nice you've got the plus I see. The reason I ask about the slipperyness is because generally people say the jet black is more slippery than say that Matte black.

I also think I would get the Apple silicone case, as I do have it for my 5C from Apple but that makes it so difficult to get in and out of a pocket. I prefer naked too I think actually.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Very nice you've got the plus I see. The reason I ask about the slipperyness is because generally people say the jet black is more slippery than say that Matte black.

I also think I would get the Apple silicone case, as I do have it for my 5C from Apple but that makes it so difficult to get in and out of a pocket. I prefer naked too I think actually.

The JB has the best grip, I have had both. The MB is the same as 6 and 6S series, as slippery as soap.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I think people just assume it's slippery because it's glossy. The fact of the matter is it has more grip than any other iPhone.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Don't worry I believe you haha. I'll go to BestBuy later and check them out, will post some pics. Many of the video review vids I have seen keep saying this about it. I remember checking out the iPhone 7 when they first came out but I can't recall if "slippery" or not.

I'll see what they have for cases also

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

It is very hard to not use the jet black caseless. It's so grippy and pretty.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
My 6s Plus I went like a week without screen protector and I had several light scratches in the oleophobic coating. Now never again will I go without one.

Do you know what is odd, when I had an iPad 1, and near the end of its usefulness, I took out my pocket knife and showed my friends that the glass would not easily scratch. In fact I could NOT scrTch it. Then now somehow on my iPad Air and 5C I got a couple of scratches and with these newer devices I was trying to be careful lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods