Thinking about picking one of these up to try in the car. So far, the lack of a headphone jack is the only thing I can complain about with my 7plus. This looks like it could be a good solution for the car. Has anyone used one of these before? Any comments on quality? Anything else you would recommend instead??

http://Fox Aux Lightning to 3.5mm Ma..._fkrNybTZW89M2

02-09-2017 07:10 PM
    I seen that today. I'm not to sure about it tho I just use a Bluetooth adapter in my vehicle
    02-09-2017 07:21 PM
    Is there something wrong with the adapter that came with your phone? I've used mine with a wired headset often. Works great.

Try this to connect to your aux-in:

https://www.amazon.com/TNP-Premium-P...mUvbUpU2892599
    Brian W1 and Just_Me_D like this.
    02-09-2017 07:33 PM
    That's what I was thinking, why not just plug aux cord into the adapter that came with the phone?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-09-2017 08:04 PM
    I just use the adaptor and a regular 3.5 to 3.5 wire. No need to order a special cable.
    02-09-2017 08:45 PM
    That's what I was thinking, why not just plug aux cord into the adapter that came with the phone?
    I just use the adaptor and a regular 3.5 to 3.5 wire. No need to order a special cable.
    Is there something wrong with the adapter that came with your phone? I've used mine with a wired headset often. Works great.

https://www.amazon.com/TNP-Premium-P...mUvbUpU2892660
    The problem I have with the adapter is that it speeds up audio. Whenever I use it with headphones or in the car it plays audio at 2-3x normal speed so it's impossible to listen to. I've tried with many different cords, no dice.

I don't have Bluetooth in my car so that isn't an option.

It would just be nice to have a single cord that I can use without adapters or anything. Plus, having to remember to bring the adapter to the car and remember to take it out of the car every time I want to go somewhere is quite tedious. Not to mention how small and easy to lose it is.
    SternerDustin likes this.
    02-09-2017 09:26 PM

https://www.amazon.com/TNP-Premium-P...mUvbUpU2892662
    Holy moly. 15 feet is a bit ridiculous for the car it doesn't seem to have a < 3ft option
    02-09-2017 09:28 PM
    The problem I have with the adapter is that it speeds up audio. Whenever I use it with headphones or in the car it plays audio at 2-3x normal speed so it's impossible to listen to. I've tried with many different cords, no dice.

I don't have Bluetooth in my car so that isn't an option.

It would just be nice to have a single cord that I can use without adapters or anything. Plus, having to remember to bring the adapter to the car and remember to take it out of the car every time I want to go somewhere is quite tedious. Not to mention how small and easy to lose it is.
    If the adapter to aux speeds up audio, wouldn't a lightning cable to aux do the same thing? I have used my standard adapter with headphones and it didn't speed up the audio. That's very strange.
    02-09-2017 09:29 PM
    If the adapter to aux speeds up audio, wouldn't a lightning cable to aux do the same thing? I have used my standard adapter with headphones and it didn't speed up the audio. That's very strange.
    That's why I was looking for an alternative to hopefully resolve the problem..
    02-09-2017 09:30 PM
    This does not happen here. What are you listening to? Music, Podcasts, something else? The only thing I can think of that might cause this is listening to something that has a speed control and that is accidentally getting tripped,
    02-10-2017 05:18 AM
    Holy moly. 15 feet is a bit ridiculous for the car it doesn't seem to have a < 3ft option
    Depends on your layout...

In my last car, I did need more than 5 feet of such a cable due to how I was routing it.
    02-10-2017 05:21 AM
    That's really strange. I have three lightning to USB adapters that I've plugged into a variety of AUX cables and headphones and haven't experienced sped up audio. Furthermore, I scour these forums almost daily as a moderator and haven't noticed any other posts about it. If sped up audio were a normal issue we'd probably be seeing more posts about it.

Sounds to be like it's more of an issue with your phone, not your adapter. Try switching things up (different music apps, cables, etc.) and see if it helps. Does it only happen in your car? What happens when you plug in headphones instead?
    02-10-2017 05:36 AM
    That's really strange. I have three lightning to USB adapters that I've plugged into a variety of AUX cables and headphones and haven't experienced sped up audio. Furthermore, I scour these forums almost daily as a moderator and haven't noticed any other posts about it. If sped up audio were a normal issue we'd probably be seeing more posts about it.

Sounds to be like it's more of an issue with your phone, not your adapter. Try switching things up (different music apps, cables, etc.) and see if it helps. Does it only happen in your car? What happens when you plug in headphones instead?
    As stated above it happens with most anything I plug into. Typically I'm listening to Apple Music app or Podcasts app.
    02-10-2017 06:17 AM
    As stated above it happens with most anything I plug into. Typically I'm listening to Apple Music app or Podcasts app.
    As stated above it's probably your phone. I doubt buying a different cable is going to fix your problem.
    Last edited by Rob Phillips; 02-10-2017 at 07:33 AM.
    02-10-2017 06:58 AM
    02-10-2017 07:53 AM
    Thank you! Might try this
    02-10-2017 11:28 AM
    Thank you! Might try this
    Check on amazon you may find it cheaper. Got mine from eBay for around 20 bucks.
    akutch34 likes this.
    02-10-2017 11:28 AM
    Check on amazon you may find it cheaper. Got mine from eBay for around 20 bucks.
    Will do!
    02-10-2017 12:19 PM