Hi what would you do? I have 6s Plus and need more memory.
    01-29-2017 10:19 AM
    You can instant gratify now with known specs and details and iMore forum support...or wait another eight months for an unknown that will probably be sold out for months if you don't snag one during preorders, especially considering it's the 10th anniversary iPhone.

How do you intend on upgrading and through what carrier? With Verizon I'm eligible to upgrade if the device is 50% paid off or once a year.
    blaine07 and Just_Me_D like this.
    01-29-2017 10:23 AM
    I'd wait, but if you have extra cash.. then you can upgrade now and upgrade again later to the 8 or 7s
    01-29-2017 10:26 AM
    If you need it now and can justify it no better time. iPhone 7S/8(or whatever they call it) will be well back ordered until 2018. So your choices are today and now or next year lol
    jlank likes this.
    01-29-2017 10:37 AM
    01-29-2017 12:17 PM
    I'm in the same position but I'm waiting for the next one when I'll join the iPhone upgrade program.
    01-29-2017 12:25 PM
    Most of that memory is used by videos and photos you don't need to look at often on the phone. You can upload those to any cloud service to free up space on your iPhone.

If you're still in the need of more memory, then you should get the iPhone 7 with the larger capacity.

If you can manage to wait till September this year, then you should definitely wait.
    01-29-2017 12:33 PM
    I would go for the 7 plus 128, I went from a 6s plus 64 to my jet black 7 plus 128 and not looking back. The camera is much better and I am always upgrading to the latest model. You won't regret it.
    01-29-2017 01:24 PM
    Look at it this way, you can have the phone now (7+) or you can wait until the phone is available and hope it doesn't have any teething problems.
    blaine07 likes this.
    01-29-2017 01:53 PM
    I would go 7 plus 128 GB!
    01-29-2017 04:33 PM
    How badly do you need the memory and what for? It's a shame Apple put people in a position to have to do stuff like this for the sake of an SD slot. Who knows what's going to happen with the 8, I'd get the 7 Plus now.
    NewYorkChic likes this.
    01-29-2017 04:46 PM
    You can instant gratify now with known specs and details and iMore forum support...or wait another eight months for an unknown that will probably be sold out for months if you don't snag one during preorders, especially considering it's the 10th anniversary iPhone.

^^^^This^^^^ outstanding answer!...
    01-29-2017 04:52 PM
    I need it for photos and more room for apps and I can't store any music at the moment
    01-29-2017 06:20 PM
    I need it for photos and more room for apps and I can't store any music at the moment
    Please use the quote option so readers can know to whom you're replying. Thanks...
    01-29-2017 07:40 PM
    Please use the quote option so readers can know to whom you're replying. Thanks...
    Sorry I just must pressed the wrong one. Thinking I did it that way.

Thanks everyone for their advise as I have had a couple of posts up. I have upgraded. Now on another plan for 2 years though ☹️
    Hope it's worth it lol
    Got the 256 so think I will be ok for a while 🤣🤣🤣
    Just_Me_D and Tartarus like this.
    01-29-2017 08:09 PM
    I personally would just delete some things that are not essential on my phone and free up some space. For me the cost of spending $600 or more just so i can have more space isn't worth it but if space is really important to you then it might be.

You will definitely be getting camera, processor and graphics improvements in the iPhone 7 so its not only spent on extra storage space. It's a pity Apple don't offer a Micro SD card. Would make things a lot easier

EDIT: Hope you enjoy your new iPhone 7 in 256 GB! now thats a ton of space lol.
    01-30-2017 12:14 AM
    I personally would just delete some things that are not essential on my phone and free up some space. For me the cost of spending $600 or more just so i can have more space isn't worth it but if space is really important to you then it might be.

You will definitely be getting camera, processor and graphics improvements in the iPhone 7 so its not only spent on extra storage space. It's a pity Apple don't offer a Micro SD card. Would make things a lot easier

EDIT: Hope you enjoy your new iPhone 7 in 256 GB! now thats a ton of space lol.
    Yep I hope I have made the right decision. I have deleted so much but my kids like looking at the photos and things and I don't want to use heaps of data if I don't have to on accessing them.
    01-30-2017 01:02 AM
    If you can wait for the 8, it's worth it. If you really need a new phone, buy the 7.
    01-30-2017 06:45 AM
    I will guess that memory really means storage - my 6S Plus never had any resources or lack of RAM problems.

Storage is something you might be able to manage while you wait for a new phone release.

In my case the dual camera setup and water resistance were more than plenty reason for the upgrade. Kids needing new phones made it even easier. If you value photography and videography you have reasons right there.
    01-30-2017 08:03 AM
    It's funny, I was using my 7 Plus yesterday and I had the thought, "This might be the first iPhone that truly takes care of what I need." I haven't even paid attention to any possible rumors of what the 8 may bring. I'm honestly not sure what it could do that would compel me to upgrade. Of course, that can change. But the 7 Plus is a really great device. It takes a little extra money to completely buy into the vision Apple had with it (specifically a nice set of bluetooth headphones with the W1 chip). But once you're invested, it's a wonderful device. Great battery life, great camera, stable OS, nice speakers, water resistance, great screen, powerful processor and sleek color options. My personal opinion is to go for it. You definitely won't be let down. But if you're someone who HAS to have the latest and greatest then it may be in your best interests to wait.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-30-2017 08:10 AM
    We're just at about that time of year...

Just wait if you really don't need a new phone now.
    Soeasy likes this.
    01-30-2017 08:17 AM
    store your pick and vids to your mac/laptop and wait for the 8
    01-30-2017 08:36 AM
    I left Android so for me I couldn't wait. And the 7Plus is a geat device to have. There is always going to be a new coming out but if you are needing memory, you can get an external SD with flash for iphone. If not and you want to upgrade, you would not regret the 7 Plus. I also got a screaming deal from Verizon on trading in my Note 5 so it was a win win for me
    01-30-2017 09:21 PM
    Wait for the next one, and make sure to preorder with your carrier. Depending on how large the storage is (if they decide to bump it from 32GB base), it'll be easier to get one with a higher storage configuration.
    maxxiemillian likes this.
    01-30-2017 11:27 PM