Help coming from Samsung

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm starting to hear all this good stuff about the new iPhone coming out to work in a year just wondering should I wait to the end of the year or go ahead and get my new iPhone 7 Plus read about all the positive things on here really could use your help I've never owned iPhone I have an iPad Pro 12.9 and just truly love it just wondering if I should wait I have an S7 edge and it is already very slow. I've always been a Samsung note owner I just don't know about the direction they are going in I went through that note 7 mess. Anyway would love to hear some of your response from anybody that's used Samsung phones before how are you liking the iPhone 7 + Looking forward to hearing your feedback again thanks a lot for all your help.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I've had every android phone out, galaxy's, nexus, Pixel, OnePlus 3 and the iPhone 7 Plus is my favorite. For years I was a diehard Android fan because I liked rooting, flashing roms and customizing the os. Now all I want is a phone that works and that is what the iPhone is to me. All of the apps I use are better on iPhone. I used my OnePlus 3T last night for a while and it felt like taking a trip back in time a few years. The same apps that are on iOS looked old and were slow on Android. iOS seems more polished to me. Anyhow, you should love the iPhone 7 Plus, especially coming from a slow and laggy Galaxy.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
If you want the iPhone 7 Plus go ahead and get it. You will not be disappointed if you love your iPad. The next iPhone will not be out until September at the earliest so you will have a long wait.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I would say to go for it. The next iPhone is 8 months from being released (assuming the usual schedule). Even after release, unless you get lucky on the preorder, you will not get it until October or later depending on the model you choose. The 7 Plus is a great phone. I am a heavy Google services user, I've had every single Note phone and I truly believe that using Google services on the iPhone is the best of both worlds.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm starting to hear all this good stuff about the new iPhone coming out to work in a year just wondering should I wait to the end of the year or go ahead and get my new iPhone 7 Plus read about all the positive things on here really could use your help I've never owned iPhone I have an iPad Pro 12.9 and just truly love it just wondering if I should wait I have an S7 edge and it is already very slow. I've always been a Samsung note owner I just don't know about the direction they are going in I went through that note 7 mess. Anyway would love to hear some of your response from anybody that's used Samsung phones before how are you liking the iPhone 7 + Looking forward to hearing your feedback again thanks a lot for all your help.

I switch to the s7 edge during a company switch to try it out. Had the phone for about 7 months and it went from. Being a great phone that was to being sluggish with poor picture quality and software crashing often.

For the iPhone, hardly ever any software issues. Thier products run very well after an update and usually push out quick small updates to fix any issues. Now sense you do have the ipad you could take advantage of the iCloud sync feature between devices.

What it comes down to mainly is customization for most. If your eager to have the latest device go for the 7, if not save yourself a few bucks and go with the 6s.

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Really can't think everybody enough for all their help. I use Google voice for my office number I just noticed I got an update to my I pad pro. It works great

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have always been a Samsung customer. Diehard true blue. Then the Note7 debacle. Very unhappy. Got the Note 5 because I wanted to stay with the Note series. December an update was released and it began to falter. I sold wireless and know the ins and outs. I did a factory reset when removing cache didn't work. Battery life horrible. Lagging freezing. Very frustrating. No other Android manufacturer for me. Only Samsung. The two best companies in my opinion Samsung and Apple. I had toyed with the thought on Apple because of the 7Plus. Saw it. Stunning . BUT I have the Samsung Watch and on contract.
Then viola!! Samsung watch compatible with the iPhone. I called VERIZON. Thumbs up
Ordered Jan 11th. Received Jan 13th and getting a very good trade in for Note5
I am not looking back. Loving it. Glad I made the move. Battery life awesome. No lagging. Premium phone. Feels good in my hands. Rose gold. Beautiful. I still have my 9.7 Samsung tablet. It hasn't let me down. BUT I have the 12.9 iPad Pro on order. VERIZON is out of stock. Will have in April

Get the 7Plus. You will be greatly impressed. I do miss customizing but I can do little customizing. The phone runs excellent and it makes up for freedoms Android offers... those perks have their frustrations. It's not worth it to me anymore. I want a phone that works This phone works
I got the Apple Watch too. I will use my Samsung too. Love my watches
Love the iphone

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
How is the Samsung watch working with the I phone? I can't decide on which watch to get. My Samsung is starting to get hot and very slow.
thanks for all the help..

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
How is the Samsung watch working with the I phone? I can't decide on which watch to get. My Samsung is starting to get hot and very slow.
thanks for all the help..

I had the Samsung Gear s2 classic when I had my Note 5 and I have had the original Apple Watch with my 6s Plus. Both worked great with their respective ecosystem. I am not sure how the Samsung does with the iPhone, but as much as I prefer the look and interface of the Samsung watch over the Apple Watch, I would go AW with my 7 Plus. So many of the things that I didn't like seem to have been fixed since I had one and it just works so well with the iPhone.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Warm Welcome to iMore stsullivan!

So nice to see new people joining.

should I wait to the end of the year or go ahead and get my new iPhone 7 Plus read about all the positive things on here really could use your help

I would say, Yes, go ahead and get the lovely iPhone 7. You won't be disappointed :D

the next version is 10 months away so that would quite a long wait.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
BUT I have the 12.9 iPad Pro on order. VERIZON is out of stock. Will have in April

Just a thought. If you won't be able to get an iPad Pro until April from Verizon I'd cancel that order and wait. The 2nd gen iPad Pro is rumored for a March launch.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Just a thought. If you won't be able to get an iPad Pro until April from Verizon I'd cancel that order and wait. The 2nd gen iPad Pro is rumored for a March launch.

It also means the old model should be pretty heavily discounted at that time too!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
It also means the old model should be pretty heavily discounted at that time too!

Just saw your post Thank you for the reply. I actually got it this past Wed and am surprised it shipped out early. They had told me it could possible come sooner but they were unsure because it was a company wide issue being out of stock.

I am enjoying it very much.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Warm Welcome to iMore stsullivan!

So nice to see new people joining.

I would say, Yes, go ahead and get the lovely iPhone 7. You won't be disappointed :D

the next version is 10 months away so that would quite a long wait.

I am loving the 7Plus and I switched from Samsung. No regrets and my Samsung watch works just can't reply to notifications like I could when on the Note. But I did break down and get an Apple Watch as well. It does it all. I am still giving some love to the Samsung watch and wearing. Like having a wardrobe in smart watch. LOL. I haven't worn a regular watch in over a yr.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I am loving the 7Plus and I switched from Samsung. No regrets and my Samsung watch works just can't reply to notifications like I could when on the Note. But I did break down and get an Apple Watch as well. It does it all. I am still giving some love to the Samsung watch and wearing. Like having a wardrobe in smart watch. LOL. I haven't worn a regular watch in over a yr.

Yeah, the days of seeing people with 'standard' watches are definitely decreasing slowly but surely. Whenever I'm out running a lot of people have some sort of Smart-Watch. Normally a Apple Watch, which is great to see. Also, what i love with the new ones is that they are water resistant so i can go swimming! :D

Anyway, glad you are enjoying your iPhone. It's always nice when you spend a lot of money on something and then you absolutely love the product. Money well spent. :D

I'm personally keeping my eye out for the 'Anniversary iPhone'.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Marty. I appreciate it. And the warm welcome on iMore as well. I have had my iphone since the 13th. Someone I know at work asked me about it because she is contemplating switching as well and wanted my opinion.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have been living in a fog. I got my iphone 7 plus Jan 13th. I have had it a little over a month now. I am very pleased and have had no issues. It is nice that when I got the update not to have the battery take a dive. Very impressed with everything.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77