Hi! I know, I should have post this question before an armed robber stolen my iPhone 6+.

I need to know if there's a case manufacturer with a model that disables sim extraction, at least for a while, because in my case, the thief ejected the sim chip quickly and the phone got vanished, I think that with an anty sim change case this could have been prevented.

I'm actually using my new iPhone 7+, so if anyone knows of a good, screw-closed or similar case that prevents sim change for at least 60 minutes please advise.

Thanks!
    01-27-2017 07:58 AM
    Welcome to iMore.

I don't know of any cases like that. All any thief stealing a phone has to do is turn off the phone for you to be unable to see it. Your best defense is to use Find My Phone. Then you can set it up to wipe your phone remotely when the thief turns it back on. And they will turn it back on, trust when I say that!
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    01-27-2017 08:15 AM
    Welcome to iMore.

I don't know of any cases like that. All any thief stealing a phone has to do is turn off the phone for you to be unable to see it. Your best defense is to use Find My Phone. Then you can set it up to wipe your phone remotely when the thief turns it back on. And they will turn it back on, trust when I say that!
    Thanks for the hint, of course I had FMI enabled and set, and after the theft I turned on Sound and Lost Phone features through iCloud but I really think that a safety case should exist. If anyone knows it, please advise.
    01-27-2017 09:59 AM
    Thanks for the hint, of course I had FMI enabled and set, and after the theft I turned on Sound and Lost Phone features through iCloud but I really think that a safety case should exist. If anyone knows it, please advise.
    If it did exist, they'd just have to take the case off.
    firedept10 and Just_Me_D like this.
    01-27-2017 06:40 PM
    If it did exist, they'd just have to take the case off.
    Thanks! I know that the thief will eventually be able to get rid of the case, but there's a real difference if it takes him 5 seconds to get off the case or at least 30 minutes, because not everyone has the correct fit Allen keys (or any other rare shape, maybe star screws...) to unscrew it.

That being said, please if anyone have actual info on the matter, please advise.

This case exists but for iPhone 5 https://www.lunatik.com/collections/...nt=18088690499
    firedept10 likes this.
    01-27-2017 07:58 PM
    Your best bet is use Find Your Phone. Can call your carrier too. They can shut it down and it will be just an expensive paperweight
    firedept10 likes this.
    01-28-2017 12:15 AM
    Thanks! I know that the thief will eventually be able to get rid of the case, but there's a real difference if it takes him 5 seconds to get off the case or at least 30 minutes, because not everyone has the correct fit Allen keys (or any other rare shape, maybe star screws...) to unscrew it.

That being said, please if anyone have actual info on the matter, please advise.

This case exists but for iPhone 5 https://www.lunatik.com/collections/...nt=18088690499
    You're missing the point here. If the thief turns the phone off immediately, then removes the case and SIM all while turned off, whatever case you have on will not make a difference. And the case you linked is all about protecting the phone from the elements, not theft.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-28-2017 04:10 AM
    You're missing the point here. If the thief turns the phone off immediately, then removes the case and SIM all while turned off, whatever case you have on will not make a difference. And the case you linked is all about protecting the phone from the elements, not theft.
    You are right, maybe Apple should prevent phone to turn off if blocked. Thanks a lot to all of you ayway, I think I should make my mind that it will never be back.

So long iP6+, you where a great companion this last two years! jejeje.

Thanks a lot!
    01-28-2017 06:02 AM
    You are right, maybe Apple should prevent phone to turn off if blocked. Thanks a lot to all of you ayway, I think I should make my mind that it will never be back.

So long iP6+, you where a great companion this last two years! jejeje.

Thanks a lot!
    Did you happen to purchase insurance for it via your wireless carrier or retail store when you purchased your iPhone 6 Plus? If so, did it cover theft? If so, put in a claim to get a replacement. In the meantime, contact your wireless carrier to have them blacklist the device. Also, do not remove the iCloud Activation Lock on his, if set. Make it so that no one who gets that iPhone will be able to use it.
    firedept10 and Annie_i6s like this.
    01-28-2017 06:33 AM
    Did you happen to purchase insurance for it via your wireless carrier or retail store when you purchased your iPhone 6 Plus? If so, did it cover theft? If so, put in a claim to get a replacement. In the meantime, contact your wireless carrier to have them blacklist the device. Also, do not remove the iCloud Activation Lock on his, if set. Make it so that no one who gets that iPhone will be able to use it.
    Thanks!, After the theft, I realized that I could have insured the phone and the camera for a minimal price by my bank!, but well, I should learn from this sad experience. After all, I thank God for not being shot by the thief.

The phone has IMEI reported to carrier and Apple, it appears as locked, also locked on FMP and my iCloud password is realy hard to guess, so I think taht if there's no bruteforce methods to bypass FMP or IMEI blacklist the device is useless...

Thanks all for your kind replies, in this case, I should have got an insurance for my trip, and avoid to go places I don't know...
    Just_Me_D and firedept10 like this.
    01-28-2017 11:10 AM
    Thanks!, After the theft, I realized that I could have insured the phone and the camera for a minimal price by my bank!, but well, I should learn from this sad experience. After all, I thank God for not being shot by the thief.
    AMEN to that...

The phone has IMEI reported to carrier and Apple, it appears as locked, also locked on FMP and my iCloud password is realy hard to guess, so I think taht if there's no bruteforce methods to bypass FMP or IMEI blacklist the device is useless...

Thanks all for your kind replies, in this case, I should have got an insurance for my trip, and avoid to go places I don't know...
    You're very welcome, and I hope you have a safe and pleasant weekend...
    firedept10 likes this.
    01-28-2017 11:27 AM