Help! Phone is freezing up randomly. Home button and touch screen non responsive.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I've had my 7 plus since the end of September and it's been flawless, just as every other iPhone I've had over the years. In the past few days, however, I've started experiencing some freezing up and it's getting annoying. Scrolling a website, it will freeze. Taking photos, it will not respond to the button press, and I'm even having issues with the home button not responding at times. Anyone else had this issue and if so how did you fix it?
I reset all settings but I'm trying to avoid a full factory reset if I can. Of course, if it's my only option, then so be it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you did reset all settings, and it still does that, it probably does need to be restored as new, not from a back up. Restore with iTunes on computer and put a fresh copy of iOS 10.2. It's a PITA, but should do the trick.

Newliberty26

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Hold the sleep/wake button and volume down simultaneously until the phone cuts off. Continue to hold until the  logo comes back on screen. Then release. This usually helps most problems.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Hold the sleep/wake button and volume down simultaneously until the phone cuts off. Continue to hold until the  logo comes back on screen. Then release. This usually helps most problems.

I tried that when it first started happening. No effect. I just completed a factory reset and set up as new. Hopefully it fixes the problem or I've just wasted a lot of time. 🤣

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Hope it worked for you.

So far, so good. Thanks for checking.
While it was a headache starting as a new phone, I got it all straightened out and it's running great like it did when I first got it. Not sure why they glitch like that from time to time (had an iPad years ago that had a similar issue) but the factory reset seems to take care of whatever has gone haywire in Apple products.