BT headphones with no video lag

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Got a trip tomorrow for work, four hour flight. Always watch movies on flight, but now with the headphone jack nonsense, I either bring two sets of headphones (one for iPhone one for iPad) or bring the stupid dongle (not an option, I will lose it). I have powerboats 2, but the audio/ video not in sync and it's annoying.

Any good BT headphones that don't have the sync issue? I always have a tight bag with laptop and other items in carry-on, so less stuff is better.

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
That is my fear! Lol

Guess I'm bringing multiple pairs of headphones for the trip...now this is what I call progress!

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
All of the new beats products with the W1 chip do not lag. I have a pair of Wireless Solo 3 and there is ZERO lag from watching videos. This was my fear as well, with them being my first bluetooth headphones that dont lag. My last ones were some from amazon I purchased cheaply to work out with about 3 years ago.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to notice any audio sync/lag issues while watching videos on my iPhone and iPad and using my Bose QC-35 BT headset.

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I thought about those qc35 from bose....price is a bit high, but I do fly quite a few times a year, and the noise cancelling would be a benefit.

How small is the case? Curious who big it is, since I often travel with a laptop so limited carry on space. From photos it looks like they fold up fairly compact?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought about those qc35 from bose....price is a bit high, but I do fly quite a few times a year, and the noise cancelling would be a benefit.

How small is the case? Curious who big it is, since I often travel with a laptop so limited carry on space. From photos it looks like they fold up fairly compact?

You shouldn't have ANY problems carrying the QC-35 around in your carry-on bag. I've attached a photo of it in comparison to the size of my Kindle Paperwhite e-book reader.

IMG_0213.JPG

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I use my PowerBeats 2 to watch video (mostly YouTube) on my 7 Plus while on the stationary bike and I have never noticed any lag. If I were, then I would probably just use wired headphones, especially on a flight when I don't need to have wireless. Lag would drive me crazy if I were trying watch a movie or something.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I use my PowerBeats 2 to watch video (mostly YouTube) on my 7 Plus while on the stationary bike and I have never noticed any lag. If I were, then I would probably just use wired headphones, especially on a flight when I don't need to have wireless. Lag would drive me crazy if I were trying watch a movie or something.

I've got a pair of LG Tone Infiniums and the lag is HORRIBLE. Extremely frustrating. So I'm on the market for some new bluetooth headphones. I'm debating on the Power Beats 3 or the Air Pods. I think I'd prefer the W1 chip if I'm going to get some.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've got a pair of LG Tone Infiniums and the lag is HORRIBLE. Extremely frustrating. So I'm on the market for some new bluetooth headphones. I'm debating on the Power Beats 3 or the Air Pods. I think I'd prefer the W1 chip if I'm going to get some.

If I were you I would absolutely get ones with the W1 chip. I think I would use the Air Pods more day to day. I like the PowerBeats for the gym because they never fall off my ears. Since I have the PB2's for the gym, I would choose the Air Pods.

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
My Powerbeats have awful lag, so I would not recommend them for video, but for audio while i am working out, they are awesome!

lusid1

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
That is my fear! Lol

Guess I'm bringing multiple pairs of headphones for the trip...now this is what I call progress!

I decided to leave one dongle permanently attached to the IEMs I use in-flight. The iPad is iOS10 so it works there too, as long as I don't need to charge in the air.

On my last trip, I lost the one I use on my earpods. Dropped it at some point switching between courage mode and 3.5mm mode for the macbook. Glad I had a backup on the IEMs, as the local Apple store was sold out of those !^&*#&@ dongles.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a pair of Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wireless, no lag at all. I even use them with a Bluetooth transceiver to watch TV while the transceiver is plugged into the surround sound receiver and there's no perceivable lag. I love Bluetooth!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods